At the end of the line

fx20736

Bay Ridge 95th St (R) ... Lai Yuen Chinese Restauraunt on 101 St

I'm going to have to check that place out...I make many trips down to the waterfront following the Belt. Nothing beats a hot summer day walking down the path enjoying the beautiful ladies. :cool:

How many of you have discovered restaurants, bars, parks, stores or other attractions right near the end of a Subway line that you never would have known about had you not gone exploring and which you like to frequent? I remember eating at a tiny diner right off the Beach 116th St stop(H) , at a pizza joint right under the tracks at the Pelham Bay Park end of the (6) and as I mentioned in my intro the great Dorney & Malones underneath the (1) at 242nd/ B'way. Sometime I want to ride the (7) to Main St and find a great Korean restaurant. Having a destination at the end of the line adds to the joy of riding to the end of the line.

Um at the eastern end of the MFL (in Philly) there is two Dunkin Donuts... mmmm donuts...

Hey Guys... umm ;)

Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue (D)(F)(N)(Q)

Nathans!

--------------------------

Word. That place has excellent food.:eek::tup:

You know, when i'm on my way out to a game, i often grab stuff from any cafe in times sq. (7)

Or from GCT. (S)

When i need a drink and a snack before or after PATH there is always hudson news or chevy's. (E)

Then i need some cupcakes from magnolia bakery. (L)

:cool:

- A

Middle Village - Metropolitan Ave (M) station doesn't have anything good! Probably one of the dirtiest bars in Middle Village, PJ Quinns, then there's a deli and a cafe which I'm sure are know for good food. Guess that's because there is only one small block there wedged in between the cemetery, Christ the King and Metro Mall

Ok some info about resturants at or short walking distance to subway terminals.

179th/Hillside Jamaica-(F)-Burger King, Mickey D's, White Castle and KFC among the chain fast food giants there. Also several pizza joints, Take Out Chiense resturants and at least '1' Hindu-Indian Resturant when i last passed by around Sept. 2008.

Jamaica Center-Parsons & Archer-(E) & (J)(Z) lines-One of the best in terms of number of choices in NYC other than Tiimes Sq. McDonlads, Wendy's, White Castle, Subway, Popeyes Chicken & Golden Crust West Indian Resturants are all within few blocks of this station. Also several others too many to name.

Canarise-Rockaway Parkway-(L)McDonalds, Blimpie, Subway, Dounkin Donuts are here. Also several pizza joints, coffee house/old school breakfast place(Rock Pwy & Glenwood) and a Carribean resturant.

Rockaway Park-Bach 116th St- (S) & (A) Rock Park branch. Wendy's & Dunkin Donuts are the main fast food joints here. Also Carvel Ice Cream store, several mom & pop 'diner' & deli stores. Also several Chinese resturants & pizza joints too.

More to come.:cool:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

Middle Village - Metropolitan Ave (M) station doesn't have anything good! Probably one of the dirtiest bars in Middle Village, PJ Quinns, then there's a deli and a cafe which I'm sure are know for good food. Guess that's because there is only one small block there wedged in between the cemetery, Christ the King and Metro Mall

The mall has a whole food court, plus the Burger King in front. The problem with it is that it is so hard to get down there. You have to walk the steep driveway ramp up and down.

The street level (K-Mart/Toys R Us) is not actually apart of "the mall". It's a separate tenant. The levels are only connected indoors through emergency stairways, and the stairway in a public space on one level leads to a nonpublic area on the other level. I enquired about all of this stuff back in the 90's, when I used to go to the Waldbaum's every payday, and there was once a plan to build a glass elevator on the exterior of the bulding. But it seems it was the tenants who didn't want the easier competition. (Probably Caldor vs. Pergament; both of which are out of business, and the lower level really suffered at one point c2000 before BJ's and Conway breathed new life into it).

Another really dead area is Lenox Terminal, with just a supermarket. Bakery and bodegas. New Lots too for that matter.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

The mall has a whole food court, plus the Burger King in front. The problem with it is that it is so hard to get down there. You have to walk the steep driveway ramp up and down.

The street level (K-Mart/Toys R Us) is not actually apart of "the mall". It's a separate tenant. The levels are only connected indoors through emergency stairways, and the stairway in a public space on one level leads to a nonpublic area on the other level. I enquired about all of this stuff back in the 90's, when I used to go to the Waldbaum's every payday, and there was once a plan to build a glass elevator on the exterior of the bulding. But it seems it was the tenants who didn't want the easier competition. (Probably Caldor vs. Pergament; both of which are out of business, and the lower level really suffered at one point c2000 before BJ's and Conway breathed new life into it).

Another really dead area is Lenox Terminal, with just a supermarket. Bakery and bodegas. New Lots too for that matter.

Another 'dead' area for any places to eat is Tottenville on SIRT. Nice homes and pretty view of the Outerbridge Crossing. That it.

At Flatbush Ave on the (2)<5> on Campus Rd just around the corner from the southern most Nostrand Ave exit there's a restaurant that sells middle eastern food. Their Yellow Rice with meat and veggies is off the hizook! Further down Campus Rd on the corner near the Brooklyn College main entrance there's a food cart that sells all kinds of spicey delicacies. I tried the rice with chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and white sauce and it blew me away. And the Quiznos just across the street serves the best tasting subs ever!

And the name of that West Indian restaurant on Rockaway Parkway (L) just before the Duncan Donuts is called Taste Buds. You can't go wrong with their Ox Tails with white rice and gravy!

Another 'dead' area for any places to eat is Tottenville on SIRT. Nice homes and pretty view of the Outerbridge Crossing. That it.

That place is boring as hell!!!!!!!! Eltingville has traces of civilisation and that's about it. Bare in mind, that's several stops away. And that headway is ridiculous too.

At Flatbush Ave on the (2)<5> on Campus Rd just around the corner from the southern most Nostrand Ave exit there's a restaurant that sells middle eastern food. Their Yellow Rice with meat and veggies is off the hizook! Further down Campus Rd on the corner near the Brooklyn College main entrance there's a food cart that sells all kinds of spicey delicacies. I tried the rice with chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and white sauce and it blew me away. And the Quiznos just across the street serves the best tasting subs ever!

And the name of that West Indian restaurant on Rockaway Parkway (L) just before the Duncan Donuts is called Taste Buds. You can't go wrong with their Ox Tails with white rice and gravy!

You mean those halal stands? The gyro meat is awesome!

• 6 months later...

I remember Metro Mall a few years ago when there was still a Pergament store on the lower level and a 'Discovery Zone' [think Chuck-e-cheese's] an escelator ride up from the lower level.

As for the Toys'R'Us above, I used to remember the escelators being a 'conveyor belt surface than the steps they have now. When I was a kid, stuff like that used to facinate me. Plus my dad drove there a few times so I got to ride the 'escelator'/people mover a few times before the conversion.

But as always, only 2 of them worked while one was not in use.

I remember Metro Mall a few years ago when there was still a Pergament store on the lower level and a 'Discovery Zone' [think Chuck-e-cheese's] an escelator ride up from the lower level.

As for the Toys'R'Us above, I used to remember the escelators being a 'conveyor belt surface than the steps they have now. When I was a kid, stuff like that used to facinate me. Plus my dad drove there a few times so I got to ride the 'escelator'/people mover a few times before the conversion.

But as always, only 2 of them worked while one was not in use.

Ahh the memories of the Metro Mall. I think it's not as good as it used to be though.

Ahh the memories of the Metro Mall. I think it's not as good as it used to be though.

Yeah, I haven't visited the place much. I only went back to check out the upper level and visit the Toys'r'us to look for something.

The lower level - well one of these days I guess I'm going to check up on what's down there. It sucks you have to travel down the steep 'ramps' though. Sure would be nice if there was an elevator/escelator connecting both portions together.

Archived