South Ferry opens Monday!!!!

Ghostnyc123

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

While getting a metro at south ferry this morning I asked tha guy in the booth when is the new station opening he said on Monday tha new (1) station will be opened this is great news and it was confirmed by a (MTA) employee

Something seems fishy here. Why would the TA open a new station on a Monday? As Archer Avenue and 63rd Street stations indicate that new changes take hold on a Sunday.

You got a point, when there are BIG changes in the system, it usually occurs on a Sunday. Anyone recall the Manny B service changes? Or the restoration of 1 service below Chambers Street?

But anyways, I'll wait for a press release. So far, there is no news on the site or Lower Manhattan info. So yeah.

Ok which Monday? Next or yesterday? And just becuz an S/A says it doesnt mean its true.

Im gonna have to take a look at the Loop for the last time this week then, maybe saturday with pics/Vids..

Ok which Monday? Next or yesterday? And just becuz an S/A says it doesnt mean its true.

Im gonna have to take a look at the Loop for the last time this week then, maybe saturday with pics/Vids..

Well before you start saying things about "the last" or "final" or whatever, how about pay attention to the news and the press releases. And you are right, one mouth does not mean it is the truth.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Its not like I'm lieing I'm going by wat tha guy said altough I happen to strongly belive it cause all tha first 5 cars signs in tha trains are gone and tha green walls are coming down over tha next few days according to a contracter over there and they were testing tha esculators about an hour ago wen I was waiting for tha ferry so nuthing is telling me to not belive it and anywayz it really isent that much of a big change in the system cause tha trains only making a diff switch and puling into another station so I belive it its been 2 months since tha platform incident so I think monday ill be going into tha new station

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Its not like I'm lieing I'm going by wat tha guy said altough I happen to strongly belive it cause all tha first 5 cars signs in tha trains are gone and tha green walls are coming down over tha next few days according to a contracter over there and they were testing tha esculators about an hour ago wen I was waiting for tha ferry so nuthing is telling me to not belive it and anywayz it really isent that much of a big change in the system cause tha trains only making a diff switch and puling into another station so I belive it its been 2 months since tha platform incident so I think monday ill be going into tha new station

The 5 car signs were undone a few months ago.

on lowermanhatten.org it says in march 09 for tha south ferry station. again maybe its possible its not monday but who knows all i know is after 3-4 years how ever long its time for it to open i cant imagain why it would be put off. if anyones been down there at all this week tha green walls are coming down tha comtruction equipment is disappearing and tha metro card machines afe being moved out and 3 diff booth attendants have told me tha end of tha week and monday so we ll see :(

another south ferry attendant told me today that theve been told monday but they were told that 4 times in tha past 2 months and they said they allways change it last minute but they said theyll know by sat and if any press release it wont be till after they know so lol ill say this who KNOWES!!!!!

on lowermanhatten.org it says in march 09 for tha south ferry station. again maybe its possible its not monday but who knows all i know is after 3-4 years how ever long its time for it to open i cant imagain why it would be put off. if anyones been down there at all this week tha green walls are coming down tha comtruction equipment is disappearing and tha metro card machines afe being moved out and 3 diff booth attendants have told me tha end of tha week and monday so we ll see :)

Lowermanhattan.org said March 2009, not 9 March.

I'd just hope it is the upcoming Monday so I'll feel safe in the station and will not fear of the Old Station Collapsing on the new one... Which will be the oldest then after the Old South Ferry is gone?

Unreasonable fear. There's virtually no chance the old one will fall down on the new one.

And Old South Ferry was never the oldest station in the system. That honor belongs to all the Lex line stations from City Hall to 33rd St, the 42 St (S) stations, and the 7th Ave line stations from Columbus Circle to 145.

I'd just hope it is the upcoming Monday so I'll feel safe in the station and will not fear of the Old Station Collapsing on the new one... Which will be the oldest then after the Old South Ferry is gone?

South Ferry is not the oldest station. And it is not gonna collaspe. Only a partion of the new station is under the old one. When the city does inspections-buildings department or (MTA) officials, and there is structural problems, they're strengthen the ceiling of the new one.

South Ferry is not the oldest station. And it is not gonna collaspe. Only a partion of the new station is under the old one. When the city does inspections-buildings department or (MTA) officials, and there is structural problems, they're strengthen the ceiling of the new one.

He was asking, not stating. If they can put madison square garden and a 400 foot tall office tower above one of the oldest train stations in the city, i'm sure south ferry isn't going to be an issue.

- A

Archived