Can the R44-SIRTs be linked into 4 car sets?

B41

I think all of the R44-SIRTs don't need to be single units.

Here's how I think they can be placed (ABBA):

388-389-391-390

392-393-395-394

396-397-399-398

400-401-403-402

404-405-407-406

408-409-411-410

412-413-415-414

416-417-419-418

420-421-423-422

424-425-427-426

428-429-431-430

432-433-435-434

436-438-440-442

444-446-448-450

452-454-456-458

460-462-464-466

Please comment.

I think they can as the (S) Rkway is using (4) cars, i belivie

Wasnt the (G) once at (4) cars?

The (G) uses 4 cars non-rush hours and uses 6 cars during rush hours. The Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street (S)hutle use 4 cars during the early Spring, Fall and Winter season and late Spring and all of Summer it uses 8 cars!

Now back on topic....he talking about SIR not no other trains!

I always thought SIRT should do that. However, I recall riding SIR during the conclusion of the new signal project that went into effect sometime between 2004 & 2005, and they actually coupled "4 car sets" together. So they actually did run 388-389-391-390 as a 4 car set, and so on. Late nights, they would split the 4 car "A" units to make 2-2 car trains. In essence, they did at one time link up trains with their respective numbers, but SIR was never draw-barred.

Zachary

2 cars needed for late night travel (at hourly intervals), there is not enough passengers then to make 4 car trains, hence they have 2 cars trains. Remember, the whole idea of the SIR's scheduling is to pair up with the ferry terminal. If the ferry goes half hourly, the SIR goes half-hourly, if the ferry goes hourly, the SIR goes hourly.

The (G) uses 4 cars non-rush hours and uses 6 cars during rush hours. The Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street (S)hutle use 4 cars during the early Spring, Fall and Winter season and late Spring and all of Summer it uses 8 cars!

Now back on topic....he talking about SIR not no other trains!

just to correct you, the (G) is 4 cars at all times. it used 6 cars prior to the introduction of the (V) line. the Rockaway Park Shuttle only uses eight cars on summer weekends.

What are you talking about here? Are you talking about the SIR?

lets stick to topic here its about the SIR not how many cars the (G) runs anyway in the mornings the 7 34 and 7 49 st george express from great kills uses 5 cars set up like this (A-B-A-B-A)

ive seen on many occasions at random times it set up like (A-B-A-:)

and then the normal (A-B-B-A)

but again keep in mind u cant compare the (G) or (S) or any other lines to SIR cause there are mjor diff in the train cars and envirment of the line

lets stick to topic here its about the SIR not how many cars the (G) runs anyway in the mornings the 7 34 and 7 49 st george express from great kills uses 5 cars set up like this (A-B-A-B-A)

ive seen on many occasions at random times it set up like (A-B-A-:)

but again keep in mind u cant compare the (G) or (S) or any other lines to SIR cause there are mjor diff in the train cars and envirment of the line

Really? The 734 & 749 use 5 cars? Last time I saw any SIR Train use 5 cars was the summer of 2000. I used to ride it from Oakwood Heights to Eltingville, then grab the S59/79 To the Mall..

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Yes. The (SIR) still uses 5-cars but only during rush hours. My set was A-A-A-A-A (446-412-466-464-444)

Yeh I remember seeing that train oh and this morning the train I took was all blue seat black floors must be new cause I have yet until today seen a full set

ive seen on many occasions at random times it set up like (A-B-A-B)

Wow I have to see this too.

A question on this express service: does it skip every stop between Great Kills and St George?

The G is assigned 300 foot trains. It has been assigned such trains full time since December 16 2001. Prior to that date, it ran 300 foot trains on weekends, and 450/480 foot trains on weekdays(6 R46 or 8 R32). (the G has run 600 foot trains of R32 and R46, and even R42, during events which have resulted in the cancellation of F service south of Jay Street, resulting in the G's extension to Coney Island).

NO SIX CAR TRAINS OF 75 FOOT CARS HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED TO RUN SINCE 2001.

Back to being on topic, the SIR is designed to handle trains up to 375 feet in length. Most trains are only 300 feet. I did not realize that 5 car trains had been in use on SIRT, but am not particularly surprized, as I know such had been intended for quite awhile.

Wow I have to see this too.

A question on this express service: does it skip every stop between Great Kills and St George?

In the AM rush trains till about 8 30 start running express after new dorp to the ferry term. and theres about 4 express morning trains from the ferry term. now that there first stop is new dorp, at PM rush the trains from the ferry make there first stop at great kills.

and for those who dont know at night after 10 30ish trains go into 2 car sets.

and when trains r in 5 sets for sum reason the conducter postion is usually in tha third car idk why tho

Archived