Info about 76th Street!

INDman

Yeah that photo with the R10 is so bad, I don't know why someone would think that was real. Still an interesting story...I'm surprised no one has gone and dug that lawn up yet!

What makes the photo with the R10 impossible is the MTA paint scheme it has. As for the lawn, I know a few people who are ready to go dig, but the homeowner might not be too happy about it. You would not believe how many people took this seriously when it was first made a few years ago. Every now and then someone posts it on subchat.

Euclid Ave. opened in 1948 the same time the R10s came to the IND. So in theory they could have been to 76th Street, IF it is trully there since from what I have heard that there was no wall till the 60's.

I doubt (MTA) would try to restore 76th street. The track formations aren't that useful for a terminal station. In addition to that, it would cost too much.

The article's an old April Fool's joke. Nobody knows for sure if there exists such a station. But there is obscure evidence that shows there may have been one.

Knew that....The track plans (if they're fake as well...) show the platforms in a standard 4 track layout with local platforms on the side. Picture shows a 2 track island platform.

Actually, the track layout is real. It shows what the station could have looked like. There are approaches from Pitkin Yard to what would have become the continuation of the Fulton Street subway. 4 tracks from Euclid hit a wall.

Nice... I wonder what were the stations planned after 76th.

Linden Bivd /pitkin Av, The 76th street station is a real station, All the MTA has to do is dig a 1/4 Mile tunnel to Linden/pitkin or extend it to Rockaway Bivd where Home Depot is at, That area would boost ridership, and it would be a terminal for the (C). I will make a diagram tonight and post it tommorow.

Linden Bivd /pitkin Av, The 76th street station is a real station, All the MTA has to do is dig a 1/4 Mile tunnel to Linden/pitkin or extend it to Rockaway Bivd where Home Depot is at, That area would boost ridership, and it would be a terminal for the (C). I will make a diagram tonight and post it tommorow.

Wheres the proof? There are many who would like to know, I personally think there is a good chance of something being there but its not a full station at all.

It couldn't have been Linden and Pitkin because neither of those streets cross each other. Pitkin and Cross Bay Blvd would make more sense.

I drew up a plan as to how I think the extension should go (if there were to ever be one). I'll scan and post em up.

It couldn't have been Linden and Pitkin because neither of those streets cross each other. Pitkin and Cross Bay Blvd would make more sense.

I drew up a plan as to how I think the extension should go (if there were to ever be one). I'll scan and post em up.

You know, some said it would run under Conduit.

Archived