Interesting G.O On The (N)(Q) lines Next Week

No (Q) trains between 57 St-7 Av and Prospect Park

The (N) and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Sun, Apr 10 - 12

(N) trains replace the (Q) between 57 St-7 Av and Atlantic Av-Pacific St.

(N) trains run local between DeKalb Av and 59 St-4 Av.

• Free shuttle buses replace the (Q) between Atlantic Av and Prospect Park.

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and the (Q) at Atlantic Av or Prospect Park.

So how this G.O sounds

No (Q) trains between 57 St-7 Av and Prospect Park

The (N) and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Sun, Apr 10 - 12

• Free shuttle buses replace the (Q) between Atlantic Av and Prospect Park.

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and the (Q) at Atlantic Av or Prospect Park.

So how this G.O sounds

Working on the express tracks??

When I look at title, I saw it meant no (Q) trains with (N) extended to Kings Highway on (Q) via Stillwell Av.

So this G.O means (Q)(S) operates between Coney Island & Prospect Park while shuttle bus operates between Atlantic Av & Prospect Park.

and (N) on Broadway (Q) track bet. 57th & Atlantic Av?

Why, why, why? WTF, are they working on, I mean I understand, if it was no trains runnning between Kings Hwy and Prospect Park, but I hate this.

It appears it has something to do with the tunnel between Atlantic and Prospect Park. I have seen alot of work going on between Prospect Park and 7th Ave sometimes.

I would expect the FAS to be a little more crowded for that weekend

When I look at title, I saw it meant no (Q) trains with (N) extended to Kings Highway on (Q) via Stillwell Av.

So this G.O means (Q)(S) operates between Coney Island & Prospect Park while shuttle bus operates between Atlantic Av & Prospect Park.

Terrible.

Perhaps people would make use of the Franky Shuttle.

-No service between 57th - Prospect Pack.

- (N) runs local all the way [Makes up all the (Q) train stops]

-Shuttle buses run between Atlantic Av and Prospect Pack

Terrible.

Perhaps people would make use of the Franky Shuttle.

yeah , why take the (S)huttle (B)us if u can take the (S) to Franklin/Botanical Garden and grab the (2)(3)*(4) there ((3)* except late nite) and take to atlantic for service. If you at 7th ave, i think u can walk to Bergen or grand army for the (2)(3)(4)...

yeah , why take the (S)huttle (B)us if u can take the (S) to Franklin/Botanical Garden and grab the (2)(3)*(4) there ((3)* except late nite) and take to atlantic for service. If you at 7th ave, i think u can walk to Bergen or grand army for the (2)(3)(4)...

I know right, but supposedly, the shuttle stops at the closed stations.

I know right, but supposedly, the shuttle stops at the closed stations.

7 Avenue (:P(Q) station will be closed with this (Q) GO (I believe the only closed station between DeKalb Avenue and Prospect Park) however, Grand Army Plaza (2)(3) is walking distance from the (;)(Q) 7 Avenue station. You're right a shuttle bus will serve closed stations. The (Q) riders are going to go through a lot that weekend. Better prepare yourselves (Q) riders.

7 Avenue (:P(Q) station will be closed with this (Q) GO (I believe the only closed station between DeKalb Avenue and Prospect Park) however, Grand Army Plaza (2)(3) is walking distance from the (;)(Q) 7 Avenue station. You're right a shuttle bus will serve closed stations. The (Q) riders are going to go through a lot that weekend. Better prepare yourselves (Q) riders.

This will piss them off so much.

If the (N) was running express in Brooklyn, I'd advise riders south of Kings Hwy to go to Coney Island for the (N), rather than deal with the shuttle bus, or deal with 12 minute headways on the Franklin Av (S) and the slowest portion of the Eastern Pkwy IRT (going northbound is timer city). But now, I don't know, maybe they should deal with the shuttle bus. Just remember that the Franklin Av IRT is dealing with the (2) shuttle bus, which will be a LOT of people waiting at the northbound platform. Add enough (Q) riders and the place will be even more of madhouse than it was last weekend. But 7th Av riders should have no problem at all, Bergen St is really close like others have stated.

If the (N) was running express in Brooklyn, I'd advise riders south of Kings Hwy to go to Coney Island for the (N), rather than deal with the shuttle bus, or deal with 12 minute headways on the Franklin Av (S) and the slowest portion of the Eastern Pkwy IRT (going northbound is timer city). But now, I don't know, maybe they should deal with the shuttle bus. Just remember that the Franklin Av IRT is dealing with the (2) shuttle bus, which will be a LOT of people waiting at the northbound platform. Add enough (Q) riders and the place will be even more of madhouse than it was last weekend. But 7th Av riders should have no problem at all, Bergen St is really close like others have stated.

They can't really add service to the Franky shuttle, which is why they have the shuttle bus running. 2 2-car trains? A line that is one tracked for the most part?

When there was (3) Shuttle Bus on Eastern Parkway, local shuttle bus was crowded.

They can't really add service to the Franky shuttle, which is why they have the shuttle bus running. 2 2-car trains? A line that is one tracked for the most part?

And therein lies the problem. Absolutely NO capacity for any extra riders. Hope they bring enough buses. They'd never add service on the IRT for something like this anyway.

And therein lies the problem. Absolutely NO capacity for any extra riders. Hope they bring enough buses. They'd never add service on the IRT for something like this anyway.

Oh man... but the thing is though, there are a lot of GOs in the area that require shuttle buses. The A used Artics, O5s, O7 OG and RTS.

With the absence of the (Q) in Manhattan, I can imagine the (N) and (R) carrying heavy loads of passengers, more crowding on the (N) since it runs via the Manhattan Bridge.

Certainly, plus, I don't really see the incentive of transferring at 34th for the D. However, those who know about the GO could avoid crowds by taking the D at 34th, rather than the N.

Is the (N) scraping the wall between Prince St & DeKalb As well? Or Via the Bridge?

(N) Coney Island trains rerouted over the Manhattan Bridge from Canal St to DeKalb Av

(R) 95 St-bound trains rerouted over the Manhattan Bridge from Canal St to DeKalb Av

Free shuttle buses replace the (Q) between Atlantic Av and Prospect Park.Transfer between the shuttle bus and the (Q) at Prospect Park.

Archived