Stories from Driving the Bus

CPBO

I got to tell you....people are getting crazier as the days go forward....I was doing some overtime the other day...I was coming off the LIE and trying to merge on the WSE....in my CNG and this guy would not let me over....I moved up....he moved up....I slowed to let the jerk by and you guessed it....he slowed......so now I am on the WSE and look over this guy is beside me waving his hands at me and honking the horn......this weirdo followed me back to the depo....he was in such a rush he could not let me in....but yet he has time to follow me back to the depot??......road rage at it best I guess!!! :mad:

Same here,I always let the buses go in front of me,whether it is pulling out from a bus stop or changing lanes. I don't understand why everybody is in such a rush,are they on the way to a hospital to perform brain surgery or something?

WSE? Whitestone Expy?

Yes I was getting on the Whitestone Expy.......

i respect everyone who drives, but whats up with the bus drivers that just pull out of a bus stop and dosent look in their mirrors to see if they got clearence. as many times as the just cut me off jumping into traffic.

I had a bus driver one day on francis lewis do that to me and he thought he would get away with it. I didnt let him in and i blew my horns at him, the truck has train horns and there very loud. at the next light he got out of the bus and jumped on my truck and started pounding on my passenger door and broke my round mirror. I was gonna kill this guy buy i went around the block so i can let him pass me so i can get the 800 number behind the bus and called it. I didnt make a big deal about it cause i know he's stressing late in the afternoon and a packed bus and i'm not calling the cops for no mirror but what a crazy bus driver.

Like i said i have respect for other drivers especially those driving commercial vehicles.

i respect everyone who drives, but whats up with the bus drivers that just pull out of a bus stop and dosent look in their mirrors to see if they got clearence. as many times as the just cut me off jumping into traffic.

I had a bus driver one day on francis lewis do that to me and he thought he would get away with it. I didnt let him in and i blew my horns at him, the truck has train horns and there very loud. at the next light he got out of the bus and jumped on my truck and started pounding on my passenger door and broke my round round mirror. I was gonna kill this guy buy i went around the block so i can let him pass me so i can get the 800 number behind the bus and called it. I didnt make a big deal about it cause i know he's stressing late in the afternoon and a packed bus and i'm not calling the cops for no mirror but what a crazy bus driver.

Like i said i have respect for other drivers especially those driving commercial vehicles.

Some bus drivers been cut off so much that they will do the same to an unsuspecting driver just for revenge in a way. I know my friend who drives the Bx31 cuts off drivers for fun though..

well i'm usually driving a 120,000lb dump trailer filled with dirt, and when the do that my hear jumps cause i cant just stop like that,engine brake and all. I see that sticker on the side of buses about assulting a bus driver is a felony, thats why i let it go and just called up that 800 number. probably did nothing anyway

I got to tell you....people are getting crazier as the days go forward....I was doing some overtime the other day...I was coming off the LIE and trying to merge on the WSE....in my CNG and this guy would not let me over....I moved up....he moved up....I slowed to let the jerk by and you guessed it....he slowed......so now I am on the WSE and look over this guy is beside me waving his hands at me and honking the horn......this weirdo followed me back to the depo....he was in such a rush he could not let me in....but yet he has time to follow me back to the depot??......road rage at it best I guess!!! :mad:

I hate drivers like this who thinks that their wimp car can beat a bus in a fight.

Shoulda move left and bump that mother--- out the way. Let's see if he would have moved left too.

I wouldn't last long as a bus driver I would've aimed for his car and floored it and kept going, hopefully the depot won't notice the scratches on the bus..

That is the mentality I have gotten into, that is why even though I miss the job, I would never go back. That career changed my personality, which use to be sweet and kind. Now, I can be an evil SOB in a split second, seeing the animals on the road, who have no respect for a vehicle carrying lots of people..........

The bus should always be given priority. Drivers need to stop being idiots. It's fifty people and a gigantic machine against your ego.

Survival of the fittest.

In New Jersey, its the LAW to yield to them.

That is something I keep saying. I have sent that suggestion to Local 100, the Governors office, and even my state senator. Apparently NY, is ran by idiots who can't say yes to a simple idea as this. Besides it will speed up service, and with the laws like NJ, you don't yield, you will pay $200 (IIRC) if caught. NJ has it, Canada has it, others have no right turn, from left side of bus. Laws that make sense for a people mover, not here in NY. Why?

CPBO, when possible move up. Road rage is something out there, and nobody likes to let a bus in front of them. i was told that by a trainer at Coach USA (Rockland Coaches).......

Archived