Queens Blvd Weekend Local Service: Horrid.

Tbirdbassist

So today I was meeting someone at 67th Ave. I took an E from Jam-Ctr to 71st-Cont. An R had just pulled in and was waiting.

I get off the E and onto the R. The R sat a good 10 minutes before it left. 3 more express trains passed before it left.

I got off and waited for my friend at 67th. While I was upstairs I heard one express pass by and then when I met her we went down and waited on the benches. Where FOUR more express trains passed us until finally another R came.

So whats the deal? 5 expresses to every one local?

I know the F's go to Euclid and the E's go to 2nd Ave... but christ. Good thing the R moves fast and the station dwell time is something like 15 seconds.

Hey! Stop picking on the (R) :mad: It was fine for me today. Was running nice and smooth.

The R has never let me down.

I mean, once it finally did come I was at 5th Avenue within 30 minutes. They keep the dwell time super short. I was counting and it seemed to be 10-15 seconds between 67th ave and Roosevelt (at Woodhaven they always end up having the doors held), afterward my attention was averted to the person I was with so I stopped counting.

The train I was on the TO and CR were working like a well oiled machine. As soon as the train had stopped the doors were open and midway through closing the brakes were released and the train was moving half a second after the doors shut.

It's not that the (R) is slow. The (R) is fast, but the route is so long that you think you are approaching your destination (which is likely somewhat far away, unless you are a QBer headed to Lex or TS) slowly. If you say it's slow because it takes long to come, then you're not using the right word...

The (R) was running every 12 Minutes because it went over the Bridge with the (N)(Q) Service. The (E)(F) trains were running every 8 Minutes so together an Express was scheduled to arrive every 4 Minutes and the lone (R) every 12 so no suprise here.

My (R) was running good and on time.

The (R) finally had a nice view for once. The T/Os on the (R) must have been loving it.

i personally dont like the (R). it is slow on the weekends, and whenever something is wrong, or theres a delay or something, they'll either put a (Q) on the local track with the (N) in manhattan or put the (N) on the local track in brooklyn.

like the time i took the (Q) train going home to Parkside Ave, next thing you know as we were leaving DeKalb Av, it replaces the (R) and terminates at 95 St. so how can the (MTA) explain that theres nothing wrong with the (R)??? lets be serious.

I was like, the (R) needs more trains

The (R) in my opinion doesn't. Since I don't ride the (R) via Queens Blvd., I cannot really have a valid opinion on the activities going on there, however, I am a frequent Broadway Rider. The Broadway Line is very evenly spaced out. At Times Square, it would have a consecutive order of (R), (N), and (W) trains a few minutes within each other. If they increase (R) service, it would caused some delays via the Astoria Line.

The (R) in my opinion doesn't. Since I don't ride the (R) via Queens Blvd., I cannot really have a valid opinion on the activities going on there, however, I am a frequent Broadway Rider. The Broadway Line is very evenly spaced out. At Times Square, it would have a consecutive order of (R), (N), and (W) trains a few minutes within each other. If they increase (R) service, it would caused some delays via the Astoria Line.

Agreed, on weekdays, the Whitehall thing already messes up the R line because the trains get backed up from there. So really, you can't add more trains on the R.

So today I was meeting someone at 67th Ave. I took an E from Jam-Ctr to 71st-Cont. An R had just pulled in and was waiting.

I get off the E and onto the R. The R sat a good 10 minutes before it left. 3 more express trains passed before it left.

I got off and waited for my friend at 67th. While I was upstairs I heard one express pass by and then when I met her we went down and waited on the benches. Where FOUR more express trains passed us until finally another R came.

So whats the deal? 5 expresses to every one local?

I know the F's go to Euclid and the E's go to 2nd Ave... but christ. Good thing the R moves fast and the station dwell time is something like 15 seconds.

i know ive been out of the loop a bit... bit when did they start running (F)'s to Euclid, and how often?

Archived