2009 Hybrids Are Here!!!!

buswizard

These are really nice i'm glad :septa: got them. I think (NJT) should get these to replace the flexibles.

I've seen them on the 130 in my town, and on various heavily utilized roads the 130 runs on (especially biz rt 1 by oxford valley mall), and they sound nice, and like they save on gas compared to the older models.

Shockingly even a bus this size is nimble enough to get though the "village sized" streets of my 325 year old town! :eek::tup:

Keep the photos comin' of these newbies!

- A

Nice catch and pics. Yall Septa custmers are so lucky that your getting New flyer buses.

Lucky? I think i'm gonna be sick, we'd be lucky if they were LFR models instead of LF, or NABI's for that matter, we have way too many New Flyer D40LF(DE40LF)'s in this city

and Nice Pics Buswizard

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see that SEPTA still specifies its buses with the raised rear route signs.
I agree that sets it apart from other buses kinda like those old Jamaica and green line RTS with the back pushed forward <4> a different look however Nice pics none the less(K)<R>

I really like those pictures. The buses appear to be roomy, are they really that good at handling crowds?

Looks can be deceiving, those buses have the standard interior width of any other 40 foot bus. ANd then with New FLyer buses, there's a space at the front that is elevated on both sides of the bus that people put bags and suitcases on, so if anything, there's less room... Plus it's a low floor bus, so people tend to not go past the back door because no one likes going up those stairs... unless there are two seats open back there, then one person will own them both

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived