Painted ends of R46

Eastman346

I think the new heads are trying to make the system and the rolling stock (trains and buses) look more appealing. Alot of things went to hell under the old administration, even though some good projects were underway during their tenure.

Glad KALIKOW is gone!

Elliot "Lee" Sander was appointed by Gov. Elliot Spitzer to head the MTA. He's been head of the MTA for a while now.

Actually Sanders is the CEO and Executive Director. He was under Kalikow (sort of), even though Kalikow basically had no more power. Kalikow was still the Chairman, when Sanders was appointed. Now a new chairman was just appointed, by Spitzer. His name is H. Dale Hemmerdinger.

Actually Sanders is the CEO and Executive Director. He was under Kalikow (sort of), even though Kalikow basically had no more power. Kalikow was still the Chairman, when Sanders was appointed. Now a new chairman was just appointed, by Spitzer. His name is H. Dale Hemmerdinger.

True that. I don't remember Sander having the Chairman title.

Elliot "Lee" Sander was appointed by Gov. Elliot Spitzer to head the MTA. He's been head of the MTA for a while now.

Okay. I see. Thanks a lot for the information.

This morning I saw an R46 R train with the cab end painted in a flat gray or silver to look like the normal stainless steel color. I never seen this before. Did they always do that?

This is true; I saw an R46 R train having the new coat of paint. It looks nice.

They're also doing this with the Corona R62A, but not many of them have been painted yet.

I also recall seeing the gate thing on the R32(if you will) being painted. This was only on one car though. Didn't catch the number.

Archived