JetTrain

Bracamonte

The cousin of the Turboliners! Very cool!

Turboliners are being weighed for rebuild/taken out of mothballs and put on empire & keystone corridor service i think...

- A

The diesel version of the Acela.

Actually, no, gas turbine powered by jet fuel, hence the name JetTrain.

Any military enthusiasts here would know that that is the same combination that powers the M1 tank, gas turbine engine and jet fuel.

The Jet Train is dead gone Poof! The Turboliners are not coming back. Great concepts not great in reality, the turbos and I believe the Jet Train as well consume fuel on a hourly ratio instead of the usual MPG rating.

The Jet Train is dead gone Poof! The Turboliners are not coming back. Great concepts not great in reality, the turbos and I believe the Jet Train as well consume fuel on a hourly ratio instead of the usual MPG rating.

What if they were tri-power with cat, turbine, and 3rd rail? B)

In any case, gas turbine trains work well with clean fuel, but it's not economical to support such technology just to have the new trains.

I'm still interested in a diesel only ALP-## with option for cat and 3rd rail conversion after delivery.

- A

This train was built for demonstration to show Hi-Speed service in states like Florida, Illinois, and California. This train is in permnament storage at Bombardier. It also was rebuilt to a Acela power cars so that if another Acela gets wrecked, it's always there.

As for the turboliners, those might not even see the day of light again. An they will NEVER run Keystone service.

Yeah, almost nobody was intrested in the JetTrain. VIA was, but when Bombardier said they'd void the warranty if they hooked them to the LRC cars, they opted out. Some hope the JetTrain gets seems to be in England, where it is rumored one of the companies there were looking at it, but I would think they are fine with the HSTs. Amtrak most likely does not want the JetTrain anyway.

Yeah, that's the only problem. In the military, they measure fuel use for the M1 tanks by gallons per mile, not miles per gallon... I'd imagine the Jet Train would be the same.

Wish all you want, NJT would NEVER buy the JetTrain. First of all, it goes by gallons per mile, like its armored brother the M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank. It's speed has no use due to the signals, track quality, and type of cars used, which, by the way, cannot hook up to NJT's cars. Not to mention how the cab cars will most likely not be able to work.

Archived