Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It can come out but it won't mean anything because they can't use that list until October 2010 when the old list expires.

according to civil service law, the old list must expire as soon as the new list is certified. the only problem is theres nothing that says they have to certify the new list as soon as they grade our tests. so we have to wait and see how they do it. theres still supposed to be a lot of retirements over the next 5 years either way. optimists unite! ;)

:tup:

according to civil service law, the old list must expire as soon as the new list is certified. the only problem is theres nothing that says they have to certify the new list as soon as they grade our tests. so we have to wait and see how they do it. theres still supposed to be a lot of retirements over the next 5 years either way. optimists unite! ;)

:tup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Past practices are not indicative of future practices. Dcas could mail the results next month or they can wait. The MTA is not hiring anytime soon so its not imperative for the results to be released. Also promotional people will get hired before OC people anyway and that promotional list is a mile long. so Oc people will be waiting a long long time.

• 5 weeks later...

does anybody remember what the 1 year anniversary of today is??? man, i cant believe we STILL have no official scores! BUT i do have to say that ALL exams from April, 2009 have a "final answer key" on the DCAS website finally. so pretty soon should be May, 2009 and hopefully..... :cool:

Ugh...

Why are career threads regarding these exams and their respective lists, which no one is going to see at anytime soon, much less be appointed from, constantly revived just to see if anyone has heard anything and to remind everyone that we all took the exam so long ago but we still don't have the results. I'm sure if anyone got their official score and list number for #8098, that person would post a thread that would have at least 500 views and 150 replies within the first two hours.

If it was a routine occurrence for DCAS to take two years to grade exams and establish lists, this thread would have like 50 replies rather than the 723 that it does with this one. I'm glad that I don't know my score or list number or how many names are on the promotional list, and no one around here really knows for sure either. Still, people are constantly wondering what number was the last to be called from the C/R promotional, when the next school car class will be, how many people will be called, when is the next one after that, how many are scheduled for 2011, when this stagnant hiring will let up, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Quite frankly, I'm beginning to think that some of the members are more concerned with the economy rebounding so that service cuts are avoided, active hiring will be required and list numbers will be reached sooner, more often and more of them per pick, than because they need a job and have bills to pay and one or more family members are currently unemployed and this country is going to hell. Hey... whatever. I really hope that no one here has avoided taking on a job in the meantime or has already put two weeks' notice in. Two YEARS' notice would be enough time to do another 4160 hours and still take a long, long vacation before setting up a chair and a TV next to the mailbox and phone.

Personally, my day passes a whole lot faster when I'm not checking my watch after every song on the radio.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; BREW 3.1.5; en )/800x480 Samsung SCH-U960)

Ugh...

Why are career threads regarding these exams and their respective lists, which no one is going to see at anytime soon, much less be appointed from, constantly revived just to see if anyone has heard anything and to remind everyone that we all took the exam so long ago but we still don't have the results. I'm sure if anyone got their official score and list number for #8098, that person would post a thread that would have at least 500 views and 150 replies within the first two hours.

If it was a routine occurrence for DCAS to take two years to grade exams and establish lists, this thread would have like 50 replies rather than the 723 that it does with this one. I'm glad that I don't know my score or list number or how many names are on the promotional list, and no one around here really knows for sure either. Still, people are constantly wondering what number was the last to be called from the C/R promotional, when the next school car class will be, how many people will be called, when is the next one after that, how many are scheduled for 2011, when this stagnant hiring will let up, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Quite frankly, I'm beginning to think that some of the members are more concerned with the economy rebounding so that service cuts are avoided, active hiring will be required and list numbers will be reached sooner, more often and more of them per pick, than because they need a job and have bills to pay and one or more family members are currently unemployed and this country is going to hell. Hey... whatever. I really hope that no one here has avoided taking on a job in the meantime or has already put two weeks' notice in. Two YEARS' notice would be enough time to do another 4160 hours and still take a long, long vacation before setting up a chair and a TV next to the mailbox and phone.

Personally, my day passes a whole lot faster when I'm not checking my watch after every song on the radio.

Yeah but with me, im one of the extremely few people who's score can be 100 after they look at our protests. so either im stuck at 96 meaning i might never get called, get 100 meaning i get called as the promotional is done, or somewhere in between! everyone knows where they stand, iust wanna know my god damn score!

Archived