Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

I need one good one myself. Right now I have 2 PITAs (Pain In The A$$es). Both ain't worth being with, but a mans hands get tired...:eek::eek::eek:.........

Well you know what they say...

"When life gives you lemons..."

:(:P:P

(K)(1)(D)(D)(1)(N)(G)

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This waiting really sucks. A lot can happen in 1-2 years. I'm not sure I really want to become a TO in 2 years.

1 to 2 years? No man. Try 3. Don't bother waiting because counting the seconds will drive you crazy. Just do something else, then out of the blue one day you will get a letter.

That is hilarious in the picture........

It was hurtful about being a daddy until you are 30...:cry::cry::cry:...........

Didn't you know he is the Drama Queen of the big silver screen..........

I need one good one myself. Right now I have 2 PITAs (Pain In The A$$es). Both ain't worth being with, but a mans hands get tired...:eek::eek::eek:.........

You still with that GURL boy??I thought you let her go? Lemme find out...:cool:

I understand patience. If it take 3 years to get called, I might be 40 years old to become a TO. I know the MTA doesn't discriminate, but I do feel old. Julio and others on this forum are in their 20s and are very young.

Good things come to those who wait. Think about that guaranteed pension that you'll get when you get hired.

ok, SOMEBODY'S got some 'splainin to do! i just read in both the Chief and the Daily News the other day that TWU workers are NOT paying more than 1.5% of their salaries into their healthcare, even though people here swear that they pay 1.7%. whats going on here?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/07/24/2009-07-24_investigate_the_mtas_shady_raw_deal_with_the_twu.html

ok, SOMEBODY'S got some 'splainin to do! i just read in both the Chief and the Daily News the other day that TWU workers are NOT paying more than 1.5% of their salaries into their healthcare, even though people here swear that they pay 1.7%. whats going on here?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/07/24/2009-07-24_investigate_the_mtas_shady_raw_deal_with_the_twu.html

We are paying more than 1.5%. I think the number right now is about 1.54%taken from the GROSS pay!

My mother went to go take the T/O test but they had to reschedule it because they said the school "was flooded." Turns out, they never rescheduled it and my mother never got to take the test. I have a feeling they're going to do what they with the Station Agent

(E)(G)(G)(Z)(A)(M) and not even release the list. It's been about 2 years and they never released the list! At least for her...

(Sorry if somebody mentioned this before, but I'm not reading through 60 pages of posts -.-)

My mother went to go take the T/O test but they had to reschedule it because they said the school "was flooded." Turns out, they never rescheduled it and my mother never got to take the test. I have a feeling they're going to do what they with the Station Agent

(E)(G)(G)(Z)(A)(M) and not even release the list. It's been about 2 years and they never released the list! At least for her...

(Sorry if somebody mentioned this before, but I'm not reading through 60 pages of posts -.-)

thats the first i'm hearing about a school being flooded the day of the train op test buddy.

Which test was she suppose to take? 2 years???, well the last exam was in 2003, the most recent was this year........

Which test was she suppose to take? 2 years???, well the last exam was in 2003, the most recent was this year........

I was talking about the Station Agent exam which was in 2008. So maybe not 2 years, but you get the point. They never released the list and it's been a long time.

thats the first i'm hearing about a school being flooded the day of the train op test buddy.

I'm not certain about the flooding thing, but she did apply for the test, got scheduled and was supposed to be rescheduled but lo and behold, they never rescheduled her and she never got to take the test.

I was talking about the Station Agent exam which was in 2008. So maybe not 2 years, but you get the point. They never released the list and it's been a long time.

I'm not certain about the flooding thing, but she did apply for the test, got scheduled and was supposed to be rescheduled but lo and behold, they never rescheduled her and she never got to take the test.

Both of these scenarios you talk about are illegal. If a test is given and people paid to take it at least 1 person MUST be hired from that test which means the list must first be certified.

As for the T/O test I know many people who took the test and read about many more on this site and nobody else had there test rescheduled. I have never heard anything about it either. You must be confused about what actually happened with your mom. Because of your very young age she may not be telling you everything, I don't tell my kids everything some things are not for kids to know.

Both of these scenarios you talk about are illegal. If a test is given and people paid to take it at least 1 person MUST be hired from that test which means the list must first be certified.

As for the T/O test I know many people who took the test and read about many more on this site and nobody else had there test rescheduled. I have never heard anything about it either. You must be confused about what actually happened with your mom. Because of your very young age she may not be telling you everything, I don't tell my kids everything some things are not for kids to know.

I maybe only be fifteen (in a few months), but I'm mature enough for her to be able to tell me about her job and things like this and for me to understand them. Now about the Station Agent exam, I know she took the test and hasn't gotten back the results or any information about the exam in general and neither have her colleagues that had taken the exam along with her. Maybe they just haven't given out results yet, so I can understand that.

As for the Train Operator exam, I clearly remember her going to take at a school in the city but she came home because it got rescheduled. Ever since then, she was never told the rescheduled date. Maybe it was her fault for not going to find out the date but she was never contacted or mailed a paper about the new date like she was with the original exam date. About the flooding, I'm not too sure about that but I remember her saying something about that being the reason they had to reschedule.

http://ny1.com/content/top_stories/103792/panel-working-on-raises-for-bus--subway-workers/Default.aspx

rumor has it y'all will be getting an 11.5% raise over 3 years, healthcare costs will remain the same and now you wont have to pay healthcare on your overtime pay!!! retirement age is not mentioned in this article. WOO-HOO!!! of course, none of this is official yet...so again, we wait

http://ny1.com/content/top_stories/103792/panel-working-on-raises-for-bus--subway-workers/Default.aspx

rumor has it y'all will be getting an 11.5% raise over 3 years, healthcare costs will remain the same and now you wont have to pay healthcare on your overtime pay!!! retirement age is not mentioned in this article. WOO-HOO!!! of course, none of this is official yet...so again, we wait

Retiremement age cannot be mentioned because it is illegal to negotiate pensions. Changes must be made by the polititians.

The tier 5 pension plan that they want must be made into law by the governor and the rest of the clowns in albany.

I wont hold my breath, the union will have to fight the greedy SCUM of the MTA suits tooth and nail to get anything. Those people are such tight ass3s yet they have so much money to waste every year on bad management and dumb decisions.

nah theyre already in arbitration, meaning neither the tightwads at the mta or the union have a say anymore. arbitration is legally binding

An arbitraitor will probably split the raise in half unless there is overwelming evidence or argument to make it the full 11.5% like comparing the pay to what teachers and cops make now.

Archived