•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    * * * * - 2 votes
    Official

NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

nice cuts

• Please log in to reply
    1808 replies to this topic

#1 tvega961

tvega961
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,111 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

This is a Thread discussing the planned service changes to the N2/N8, N6, N16, N22, N23, N24, N27, N41 and N78/N79. *Please keep your comments/proposals and other chat to this topic only.*

Posted Image

NASSAU CO. (WABC) -- Bus service cuts are looming in Nassau County.

The private company that runs NICE bus service is planning service cuts in April to close a $7.3 million budget shortfall, officials said.

Veolia Transportation took over the bus system just last month.

The company says it wants to introduce a re-designed bus system that will include some service reductions and reconfigurations, new express routes, as well as new, improved and restored service on Apirl 8.
    More details about the plans will be presented a community meetings on February 22nd and 23rd.

NICE bus service reductions proposed | 7online.com

More Information...Community Meetings:

#2 Brett

Brett
    • Banned
    • 0 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

And the suspense is killing everybody here, wondering what changes are proposed.

#3 N6 Limited

N6 Limited
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,128 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Source: News12.com

(02/17/12) MINEOLA - The operator of Nassau County's recently privatized bus system says it's already facing a multimillion-dollar budget hole and is planning service cuts to fill it.

Veolia Transportation took over Nassau's bus system just over a month ago and changed its name to Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE) Bus. Now, Veolia officials say the system is facing a $7.3 million budget deficit.

To plug the gap, Veolia says it will roll out schedule changes and service cuts in April. Representatives say that no routes will be eliminated, but the less popular ones will see fewer buses, which would mean longer wait times for commuters.

The company did not say which routes will be affected but said that information will be released at planned public meetings on Feb. 22 and 23.

There is some good news: the NICE system is adding express bus service to the city, which could cut commutes by up to 20 minutes. It's also restoring service to Mercy Hospital.

Express bus service to the city? Interesting. Obviously that would've been a conflict of interest for LIB/MTA.

I wonder if they'll revive the N17 or just detour the N16 to pass by the hospital.

Edited by N6 Limited, 17 February 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#4 Joel Up Front

Joel Up Front
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 4,178 posts
    • LocationThere.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

So much for their promises... Mangano's genius idea is building up towards a horrible backfire.

You drew a picture of my morning
    But you couldn't make my day

#5 N6 Limited

N6 Limited
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,128 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

So much for their promises... Mangano's genius idea is building up towards a horrible backfire.

How so?

#6 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 28,319 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

How so?

They're facing the same issues that just about every transit agency in the country is facing. Joel is so friggin' certain that things would be sooo much better under the (MTA).

BxM2-WESTMIDTOWN_zps03c172c1.gif

NICOLE MALLIOTAKIS FOR MAYOR 2017 - MAKE NYC GREAT AGAIN

#7 qjtransitmaster

qjtransitmaster
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 9,186 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

They're facing the same issues that just about every transit agency in the country is facing. Joel is so friggin' certain that things would be sooo much better under the (MTA).

So true like another rant front or joel rantpower. sometimes strategic restructuring can be a good thing you will hear my rage or my force on the 23rd. bring it NICE I am not scared of no mangano the problem with the MTA is they aren't open minded and unimaginative in a sence they are clueless in suburban routing. However this NICE can go either way good or bad something a certain someone can't understand.

#8 Amtrak7

Amtrak7
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,149 posts
    • LocationLong Island

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Meanwhile, the 5-member TAC has been nominated.

Long Island Item

Mangano's picks:

-An Elmont firefighter, EMT, and school bus driver
    -A Morgan Stanley exec
    -A taxi company vice president

Republicans: a financial consultant
    Democrats: A village trustee and NYC bus driver

R.I.P. Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority January 15, 1973 – December 31, 2011

#9 Brett

Brett
    • Banned
    • 0 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Meanwhile, the 5-member TAC has been nominated.

Long Island Item

Mangano's picks:

-An Elmont firefighter, EMT, and school bus driver
    -A Morgan Stanley exec
    -A taxi company vice president

Republicans: a financial consultant
    Democrats: A village trustee and NYC bus driver

Those sound like people who have nothing to do with and don't use, the Nassau bus system.

#10 Joel Up Front

Joel Up Front
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 4,178 posts
    • LocationThere.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

And Vittorio never shuts up when the bus operator of his MCI misses his stop by four inches and scuffs his $200000 shoes after he dashes his foot against the curb.

You drew a picture of my morning
    But you couldn't make my day

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official, nice, cuts