What Is The Most Crowded Bus Route In The Bronx

A Former New Yorker

You are completely aware that this is publicly available information, correct?

Yes, the number of paid trips made on each bus route is publicly available. However, there's more to crowding then the mere number of users a route has. Some high ridership routes could have crowding issues masked by the provision of adequate levels of service, lots of bunching which leads to uneven loading of buses or ridership patterns where overcrowding is generally contained within a segment of the route or certain times of the day. The numbers don't tell you all those things. A route with 40k riders per weekday that's 10 miles long and has high turnover won't be as bad as a route carrying 15k that's only 2 miles long and has most of the demand originating from a couple of stops. 

I thought the OP's question was a fair one to ask, it's just that there's one route in the city (not just the Bronx) that clearly stands out when crowding is considered.

Even if I completely ignore any fudging of said statistics & take them for 100% face value, farebeaters factor into crowding also (as unethical as the practice is)..... Brock Lesnar couldn't hit F5 on certain routes fast enough!

But this is all for naught anyway, considering the nature of the OP's replies in these "crowded bus route" threads.....

Quite certain the user doesn't give a damn about any real discussion that actually spurs from these threads.....

However, there's more to crowding then the mere number of users a route has....

Sure, if you include litter & god knows what else people leave behind on a bus that takes up space !

Expounding on factors that mitigates or exacerbates crowding & the number of passengers (paying & non-paying - which is the argument to be made here) that constitutes crowding are two different things.....

Exactly what I was thinking.  How this thread still even open and has gone two pages is beyond me.  <_<

Even if I completely ignore any fudging of said statistics & take them for 100% face value, farebeaters factor into crowding also (as unethical as the practice is)..... Brock Lesnar couldn't hit F5 on certain routes fast enough!

But this is all for naught anyway, considering the nature of the OP's replies in these "crowded bus route" threads.....

Quite certain the user doesn't give a damn about any real discussion that actually spurs from these threads.....

Sure, if you include litter & god knows what else people leave behind on a bus that takes up space !

Expounding on factors that mitigates or exacerbates crowding & the number of passengers (paying & non-paying - which is the argument to be made here) that constitutes crowding are two different things.....

I think the OP is just starting threads for the hell of it.

Ok Guys This Thread Is For All Boroughs Now. So Until October 28. I Would To Know What Is The Most Crowded Bus Route In Manhattan (Something Another Than The M15 I Know The It's The Most Crowded Bus Route In Manhattan But There Are Other Routes That Are Crowded Especially Near Times Square

And what happens after October 28th??  <_<

Yes, the number of paid trips made on each bus route is publicly available. However, there's more to crowding then the mere number of users a route has. Some high ridership routes could have crowding issues masked by the provision of adequate levels of service, lots of bunching which leads to uneven loading of buses or ridership patterns where overcrowding is generally contained within a segment of the route or certain times of the day. The numbers don't tell you all those things. A route with 40k riders per weekday that's 10 miles long and has high turnover won't be as bad as a route carrying 15k that's only 2 miles long and has most of the demand originating from a couple of stops. 

I thought the OP's question was a fair one to ask, it's just that there's one route in the city (not just the Bronx) that clearly stands out when crowding is considered.

I'll agree but I don't the OP really gives a damn to be honest.  My question is why ask the question?  The OP claims he/she doesn't even live here, so what is the basis of making these threads?

Exactly what I was thinking. How this thread still even open and has gone two pages is beyond me. <_<

Originally I Was Going To Make Sequels For Each Borough But I Think That's Spamming

I think the OP is just starting threads for the hell of it.

Yeah You're Right

And what happens after October 28th?? <_<

I Was Going To Do The Next Borough Which Is Brooklyn And On November 2 Would Be Queens And On November 4 Would Be Staten Island And This Thread Will Close

I'll agree but I don't the OP really gives a damn to be honest. My question is why ask the question? The OP claims he/she doesn't even live here, so what is the basis of making these threads?

I Used To Live In Brooklyn (Around The Crown Hts/Brownsville Area) Until I Move To New Jersey Cause The Rent In New York Is Too Damn High

Archived