Who went to the (2)/(5)s TOMC/Lo-Vs?!

mark1447

Anyone went? Any thing you liked/disliked? Give your feedback! ;)

I did, enjoyed it very well. meet a few peeps. Like franky, Steve , danny, cirtus, 33rd st(dunno the name tho), trevor and a few from TTMG and NYCTF. Cool ride on my like (2)(5)<5>. Its like i was riding back on my younger days in the 90s. The R33! I cant live with out em.. I also enjoyed the Low-Vs first time i ride. Ran up on WPR Line to 180th a nd 2x on Dyre Branch. Then the rest was TOMC! Came with one my high skool buds and just chilled from 10-5 like last yr on the (1). OPf course it ranied again like last yr. But why shall ran stop us from enjoying good time?? lol. Its water, not gonna kill ya :(. Next yr or the next time TOMC come out ill be there. And of course Arnies(R1-R9)

Wish the R26-36 Redbirds were back!!

What about you?!

Newbies:

-TOMC= Train of Many Colors(R12, R15, R17, R33WF/ML/Singles)

-Low-Vs= Low Voltage Cars

-WPR (Line)= White Plains Road Line (2)(5)<5>

-Arnies (R1-R9 IND Cars)

I was There, I was the One with the red Hat and Red shrit and green sweater, That Trip was Better than Last Years., I will post Pics tommorrow.

wait was i talking 2 u in there? I was wearing a Black T with all the NYCS routes in circle with Center saying "New York City Subways"

I loved looking out the rfw but the guy in the red with the long hair smell bad other then that i loved the trip. I even loved get photos of it heading back to E180st yard at E Tremont

I loved looking out the rfw but the guy in the red with the long hair smell bad other then that i loved the trip. I even loved get photos of it heading back to E180st yard at E Tremont

damn i was trying to catch up to it but the (1) and (2) delayed me. I went to e180th saw it there another rf takes picz.. I take pic after.. and i kno wat dude u r on about rofl xD

damn i was trying to catch up to it but the (1) and (2) delayed me. I went to e180th saw it there another rf takes picz.. I take pic after.. and i kno wat dude u r on about rofl xD

that was me at E180 I saw some rf that had on a subway line shirt when i was at e180

that was me at E180 I saw some rf that had on a subway line shirt when i was at e180

lol that was me... :( . Just getting the SMEE. But wearing a shirt with all the line sin circle of course... ^_^bZ

Anyone went? Any thing you liked/disliked? Give your feedback! ;)

I did, enjoyed it very well. meet a few peeps. Like franky, Steve , danny, cirtus, 33rd st(dunno the name tho), trevor and a few from TTMG and NYCTF. Cool ride on my like (2)(5)<5>. Its like i was riding back on my younger days in the 90s. The R33! I cant live with out em.. I also enjoyed the Low-Vs first time i ride. Ran up on WPR Line to 180th a nd 2x on Dyre Branch. Then the rest was TOMC! Came with one my high skool buds and just chilled from 10-5 like last yr on the (1). OPf course it ranied again like last yr. But why shall ran stop us from enjoying good time?? lol. Its water, not gonna kill ya :(. Next yr or the next time TOMC come out ill be there. And of course Arnies(R1-R9)

Wish the R26-36 Redbirds were back!!

What about you?!

Newbies:

-TOMC= Train of Many Colors(R12, R15, R17, R33WF/ML/Singles)

-Low-Vs= Low Voltage Cars

-WPR (Line)= White Plains Road Line (2)(5)<5>

-Arnies (R1-R9 IND Cars)

*Curtis

That kid goes on every trip and does the same thing. The crews and people working the trip often have to tell him to step aside and let little kids to the front so they can see because he will stand at the window all day.

And to those of you who chased, YOU MISSED OUT! When you pay to ride, they still give people plenty of photo opportunities because they know their audience. As a matter of fact, for the Low-V portion, all guests were told to board the next (5) shuttle and get off at any station they chose and that the trains would go by twice and to just make sure that they got on the 2nd time (at which point they'd be checked to make sure they paid) - still plenty of photo opps for people that rode

Meanwhile, just want to add, a lot of work has been done on the Lo-Vs the last couple years and they are running very well, all things considered. They were a treat to ride, as usual.

I went on both trains. First time on Lo-Vs and TOMC in motion. I was wearing a blue woolen sweater w/ white stripes, and khaki pants. Overall, it was AMAZING. I loved the ride on the Bronx els (both TOMC and Lo-V), and I liked changing the sign on one R-33 to read: "Grand Central Manhattan - Times Square, Manhattan - (S) Shuttle" However, I didn't like the fact that many of the lights on almost all the SMEE cars were burnt out, and the fact that A/C did NOT work on 2 or 3 of the R-33s. The R-15 A/C did not have any effect whatsoever, even when it was on, which explains why there was always at least one storm door and one window open on that car (I guess that 'experimental air-conditioning' has the same meaning as 'broken air-conditioning';)). I enjoyed discovering the Bowling Green Loop and the connecting track between the (S) and the (6). All the rollsigns on the non-rebuilt cars were cool, but need to be restored (recreate and laminate the original signs and repair the gearing of the scrolls). The roll signs on the R-33s were fun, but none of them had signs for the (1), (3), or (9).:( Upon closer inspection, it turns out that they had been covered up with signs that read "(2) to Brooklyn/(5) to Bronx" and likewise. (They should uncover the signs for (1)(3)(9), and put in new dials, b/c the old ones are really worn/damaged). In addition, they should have repainted the INTERIORS of the R-33s to historical colours as well, and not just the exteriors. I thought it was a pity that they only ran 8 cars, and not 10 as they did on one of the last trips (they should have hooked up 9068/69; I was hoping to ride a Greenbird, and a Redbird, because I haven't ridden on a Redbird since they were retired). Except for those few minor disappointments, I LOVED IT! I can't wait to go on it next year!:);):cool::tup::D

I went on both trains. First time on Lo-Vs and TOMC in motion. I was wearing a blue woolen sweater w/ white stripes, and khaki pants. Overall, it was AMAZING. I loved the ride on the Bronx els (both TOMC and Lo-V), and I liked changing the sign on one R-33 to read: "Grand Central Manhattan - Times Square, Manhattan - (S) Shuttle" However, I didn't like the fact that many of the lights on almost all the SMEE cars were burnt out, and the fact that A/C did NOT work on 2 or 3 of the R-33s. The R-15 A/C did not have any effect whatsoever, even when it was on, which explains why there was always at least one storm door and one window open on that car (I guess that 'experimental air-conditioning' has the same meaning as 'broken air-conditioning';)). I enjoyed discovering the Bowling Green Loop and the connecting track between the (S) and the (6). All the rollsigns on the non-rebuilt cars were cool, but need to be restored (recreate and laminate the original signs and repair the gearing of the scrolls). The roll signs on the R-33s were fun, but none of them had signs for the (1), (3), or (9).:( Upon closer inspection, it turns out that they had been covered up with signs that read "(2) to Brooklyn/(5) to Bronx" and likewise. (They should uncover the signs for (1)(3)(9), and put in new dials, b/c the old ones are really worn/damaged). In addition, they should have repainted the INTERIORS of the R-33s to historical colours as well, and not just the exteriors. I thought it was a pity that they only ran 8 cars, and not 10 as they did on one of the last trips (they should have hooked up 9068/69; I was hoping to ride a Greenbird, and a Redbird, because I haven't ridden on a Redbird since they were retired). Except for those few minor disappointments, I LOVED IT! I can't wait to go on it next year!:);):cool::tup::D

Glad you enjoyed it. A couple points:

-The experimental air conditioning was removed from 6239 because it was considered a failure.

-The rollsigns of the cars that are regular in the museum (5760, 6239, 6609, 9306) have had their gear mechanisms removed to prevent wear of the signs when people go into the museum, so that they do not damage the canvas. The R-33ML's that run along with the museum display cars have not had the gears removed so those work. Since they're not on display in the museum there's less of a concern for that and if people are being too rough on the signs or trying to scroll them past the end, on a nostalgia train there are plenty of people wearing vests to tell them to knock it off.

What's with everyone's addiction of changing the rollsigns?

i guess its cuz they like viewing the routes and setting the Roues/Terminals for the train.

I understand those can break. I like to check out the roll signs, but with care..

wait was i talking 2 u in there? I was wearing a Black T with all the NYCS routes in circle with Center saying "New York City Subways"

Oh wow that was you! I was the black guy with the blue Yankee hat and the black shirt with that eagle on it. Man that was such a great time we had on that train! I can't wait till they do it again!

Archived