Exam 2901 MABSTOA?

TransitMan23

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no difference now between mabstoa and ta depots, so no one is using one to fill the other, its all the same now.
Actually there still is a difference I was told by the Union at Manhattanville that I had to go to Brooklyn in order to put in a transfer to Queens and the only reason MaBSTOA Bus Operators are allowed to transfer into Brooklyn is Because Local 100 represents Operators in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx I don't believe any MaBSTOA Operator is allowed to transfer to Queens or Staten Island ATU

but like I said I didnt apply for a job as a MaBSTOA Bus Operator dont force me to go where I should not be thats called deceptive practice on the MaBSTOA application it clearly states that MaBSTOA Bus Operators operate Buses Primarily in Manhattan and the Bronx

Actually there still is a difference I was told by the Union at Manhattanville that I had to go to Brooklyn in order to put in a transfer to Queens and the only reason MaBSTOA Bus Operators are allowed to transfer into Brooklyn is Because Local 100 represents Operators in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx I don't believe any MaBSTOA Operator is allowed to transfer to Queens or Staten Island ATU

but like I said I didnt apply for a job as a MaBSTOA Bus Operator dont force me to go where I should not be thats called deceptive practice on the MaBSTOA application it clearly states that MaBSTOA Bus Operators operate Buses Primarily in Manhattan and the Bronx

I am still trying to figure the purpose of having a Mabstoa seperate for the transit list if they all work in the same depots. Even their passes are the same now I beleive. I also heard MTA Bus might be joining the system wide pick soon...

I am still trying to figure the purpose of having a Mabstoa seperate for the transit list if they all work in the same depots. Even their passes are the same now I beleive. I also heard MTA Bus might be joining the system wide pick soon...
From the looks of things it looks like MaBSTOA & (MTA) Bus will be intermixed

• 2 weeks later...
Mta is talking about services cuts and layoffs , and you are saying that will be hiring ?

How do you know ?

im a nyct traffic checker i been to every depot in the system i know alot of bus operators..we do ride check surveys which we do the same run as the driver all day. different lines and depots.. most of the operators i work with have 20 to 30 years on the job...anyway alot of drivers are ritiring this year .. alot of drivers have the time and age..and are tired of the bullshit thats goin on..

Maybe when they stop their deceptive practice of using TA Bus Operators list to fill MaBSTOA vacancies

lol i kno but they are goin to start in the spring ..two of my co workers are set for training..exam 2501 expires and they are hiring people now like my co workers who dint have they permit.. exam 2501 expires this spring .. then they going pick up from exam 2801 which is up to list # 1700. they will start 2901 on late this year eary 2011..

Sounds like TA guy got bumped out of where ever and is working in Manhattan or the Bronx. Just be glad that you have a pretty sweet job. Mabstoa can go to SI or Queens but there is paper work and if you do leave you only keep 5 years of your seniority. Make the best of Manhattan (so much overtime)and keep it moving. When the system pick comes around in Oct-Dec pick back to where you wanted to go.;)

a dispatcher told me they are hiring 600 B/O in the summer alone. they may need to call about 2000 people in order to get 600:tup:
Actually out of every 100 in a group of new B/Os less than 40 make it out of the first week and even less make it out of line training. So don't despair if you have a high list number,written tests don't really discover if you are going to be able to do the job so you prolly will get the call. Good luck.

Actually out of every 100 in a group of new B/Os less than 40 make it out of the first week and even less make it out of line training. So don't despair if you have a high list number,written tests don't really discover if you are going to be able to do the job so you prolly will get the call. Good luck.

Going by those percentages one would think that they are always short of B/O's. You are not going to have full reporting every day of the week at each depot. Which is why there is the extra list.

It has been mentioned on here several times that seniority does move pretty quick in the dept of buses.

When they give the dispatcher exam is it on 1 day at different times of the day because there would be a lot of open runs if 3,000+ B/O's took the exam at the same time.

Dispatcher promotion list must move very slow. Only 1,017 eligibles from exam 8512 given on 5/08. It was either a very hard exam or most B/O's don't bother filing for the exam.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Going by those percentages one would think that they are always short of B/O's. You are not going to have full reporting every day of the week at each depot. Which is why there is the extra list.

It has been mentioned on here several times that seniority does move pretty quick in the dept of buses.

When they give the dispatcher exam is it on 1 day at different times of the day because there would be a lot of open runs if 3,000+ B/O's took the exam at the same time.

Dispatcher promotion list must move very slow. Only 1,017 eligibles from exam 8512 given on 5/08. It was either a very hard exam or most B/O's don't bother filing for the exam.

i called 180 livingston friday and they told me they are extending exam 2501.....so we are going to be waiting for a while...(2801, 2901)

i called 180 livingston friday and they told me they are extending exam 2501.....so we are going to be waiting for a while...(2801, 2901)

im a nyct traffic checker i been to every depot in the system i know alot of bus operators..we do ride check surveys which we do the same run as the driver all day. different lines and depots.. most of the operators i work with have 20 to 30 years on the job...anyway alot of drivers are ritiring this year .. alot of drivers have the time and age..and are tired of the bullshit thats goin on..

So care to rephrase your original message ?

Old B/O are just flaping their lips when it comes to "the rules become hard , we going to retire tommorow, f mta i am out of here now, this is my last day"

and yet the next day comes and they are back where they were 1 day ago, driving a bus and still talking about last day on the job.

TransitMan23: you are a checker, you been to every depot and talked to every driver, YOU SHOULD have already gotten the idea that when it comes to ***** and moan about the rules and retirement, old B/O are just bitching and moaning with no real action.

So care to rephrase your original message ?

Old B/O are just flaping their lips when it comes to "the rules become hard , we going to retire tommorow, f mta i am out of here now, this is my last day"

and yet the next day comes and they are back where they were 1 day ago, driving a bus and still talking about last day on the job.

TransitMan23: you are a checker, you been to every depot and talked to every driver, YOU SHOULD have already gotten the idea that when it comes to ***** and moan about the rules and retirement, old B/O are just bitching and moaning with no real action.

Yeah you got that right. Before the take over there was a contract with a window for retirement at the rate for pension at the end of the contract. At just Queens Surface alone at least 60 B/Os were talking about taking the window. Turns out that only about 13 people took it and that includes maintainance so don't believe everything you hear.

• 5 weeks later...
i was told today that they expect to start giving the boss exam in dec...

You were wrong on January 31 of this year, and you are wrong now.

No one knows nothing aobut fire or hire at the moment. So why would you start spreading rumors ?

People dont listen to this guy, He really dont know what he is talking about.

June 22 or 23 is the last day of the pick, only then we will see who has got the job, and who is on the side line for now. If there are people on the side line they will have to be hired back before new people are called on. So why would they give BOSS test right now ?

I just reread my message and it sound offensive to TransitMan23, if it is sorry, but people who read this message board see that you are part of MTA, and they think that you know what you are talking about ( internal chit chat ) and all you are doing is spreading rumors and getting their hopes up.

TransitMan23: Where did you hear about BOSS, at the depot or a train swing room from a driver or cleaner ? ;)

You were wrong on January 31 of this year, and you are wrong now.

No one knows nothing aobut fire or hire at the moment. So why would you start spreading rumors ?

People dont listen to this guy, He really dont know what he is talking about.

June 22 or 23 is the last day of the pick, only then we will see who has got the job, and who is on the side line for now. If there are people on the side line they will have to be hired back before new people are called on. So why would they give BOSS test right now ?

I just reread my message and it sound offensive to TransitMan23, if it is sorry, but people who read this message board see that you are part of MTA, and they think that you know what you are talking about ( internal chit chat ) and all you are doing is spreading rumors and getting their hopes up.

TransitMan23: Where did you hear about BOSS, at the depot or a train swing room from a driver or cleaner ? ;)

first of all i called 180 and the lady said the PROPOSED DATE is december for the boss exam.. nothing is in stone...she didnt say they were hiring.. im been on the list for 2 years and they havent called us for the boss exam yet...

• 1 month later...

Archived