5025: Bus operator training (first two weeks)

Olegkha

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't find any of the B/O eligibles list on the Chief Online. Only one from the MTA that I could find is the roster for Track Worker. FDNY,DSNY, TEA, even a list for highway repairer. So I don't think they are going to publish the 8006 list on the Chief.

The 5025 list had been published at one point in the Chief(I think) if this is the case maybe they are waiting for 5025 to finish before publishing? Would this make sense?

The 5025 list had been published at one point in the Chief(I think) if this is the case maybe they are waiting for 5025 to finish before publishing? Would this make sense?

this whole process is bull @$#$ i called today and they have no vacant b/O positions but they have another exam in jan ????? im on 2901 and still havent got called yet for the boss survey. they got 2 other exams in front of mine(2501 and 2801) and they have to exuast those this is crazy......

Why would they publish the list after it is finished? Just the opposite, they(DCAS) publish the list before they start calling them from it. It's not in the Chief Archives, if you aren't sure then it's never been published. It is what it is.

Igor:Forget about the 8006 list, you will get the call from the Mabstoa that you are on way before they reach your list number from 8006.

Why would they publish the list after it is finished? Just the opposite, they(DCAS) publish the list before they start calling them from it. It's not in the Chief Archives, if you aren't sure then it's never been published. It is what it is.

Igor:Forget about the 8006 list, you will get the call from the Mabstoa that you are on way before they reach your list number from 8006.

yea that`s true but i saw theres another bus drivers test coming out it`s called mabstoa and mta bus bus driver coming out in jan 2010 and mabstoa and mta bus cleaner coming out nov 2009 for fileing and i didn`t get to take the boss yeat for 2901 mabstoa

I meant publish the 8006 after the 5025 is done. I remember the 5025 being published in the Chief a few years back.

I meant publish the 8006 after the 5025 is done. I remember the 5025 being published in the Chief a few years back.

Show it to us then, where is the link? We are only going back 2 1/2 yrs ago.... if not then it's only your imagination. ;)

Anyway they expect a lot of retirements for B/O's coming next January, this is for MTA Bus division though, not sure about TA.

Thanks so much, have you heard anything back from them yet...LovelyDay?[/QUO

I will miss the training that starts on the 31st. But By monday I should know If I will start in the class after that. Every Doc. I went to. Cleared me for B/O. I will let you know what they tell me on monday

yea that`s true but i saw theres another bus drivers test coming out it`s called mabstoa and mta bus bus driver coming out in jan 2010 and mabstoa and mta bus cleaner coming out nov 2009 for fileing and i didn`t get to take the boss yeat for 2901 mabstoa

yeah i know they didnt call me yet either for the boss...when i called 180 livingston they said for the end of the year..( 2901)

Show it to us then, where is the link? We are only going back 2 1/2 yrs ago.... if not then it's only your imagination. ;)

Anyway they expect a lot of retirements for B/O's coming next January, this is for MTA Bus division though, not sure about TA.

It was def up somewhere online...a few months back I remember people on here trying to find it again. I think when the new test came out all of a sudden we couldn't find it. How does the lists work when they get published in the Chief...once a new list is out, isn't the old list taken offline? Not sure, but I remember seeing it.

You said a few months back:

Originally Posted by Locomotion69 View Post

I searched the Chiefs archives and couldn't find it. All they had was the track worker eligibles list. The 5025 list was established in 2007,so it would have been posted online back then. Let me do a more thorough search within the Chief since I subscribe to it online,I will let you know what I find Jacquie.

So now this 5025 was online almost 3 years ago, they can't keep every list up, right?

Thanks so much, have you heard anything back from them yet...LovelyDay?[/QUO

I will miss the training that starts on the 31st. But By monday I should know If I will start in the class after that. Every Doc. I went to. Cleared me for B/O. I will let you know what they tell me on monday

That sounds great Lovely Day! Hope everything works out for you!

It was def up somewhere online...a few months back I remember people on here trying to find it again. I think when the new test came out all of a sudden we couldn't find it. How does the lists work when they get published in the Chief...once a new list is out, isn't the old list taken offline? Not sure, but I remember seeing it.

You said a few months back:

Originally Posted by Locomotion69 View Post

I searched the Chiefs archives and couldn't find it. All they had was the track worker eligibles list. The 5025 list was established in 2007,so it would have been posted online back then. Let me do a more thorough search within the Chief since I subscribe to it online,I will let you know what I find Jacquie.

So now this 5025 was online almost 3 years ago, they can't keep every list up, right?

Yes, the exam was a little over 3 years ago, but the list must have been established a year later in 2007. DCAS still has the answer key up for the #5025 exam. I find it strange that they would put it up an then remove it, they must have a reason for that though. The Chief Online archives go back 4 years.

I got my list number on march 9th of this year from #8006....and there is no list published anywhere as of yet. I do believe the list doesn't have to be activated yet for them to publish it online.

Yes, the exam was a little over 3 years ago, but the list must have been established a year later in 2007. DCAS still has the answer key up for the #5025 exam. I find it strange that they would put it up an then remove it, they must have a reason for that though. The Chief Online archives go back 4 years.

I got my list number on march 9th of this year from #8006....and there is no list published anywhere as of yet. I do believe the list doesn't have to be activated yet for them to publish it online.

hmmm, I am really not sure then why they would not post the 8006...they post all the others. I sent an email to the chief editor asking if the 5025 or 8006 was ever published...lol...figure it can't do any harm.

hmmm, I am really not sure then why they would not post the 8006...they post all the others. I sent an email to the chief editor asking if the 5025 or 8006 was ever published...lol...figure it can't do any harm.

It wouldn't hurt, but try emailing DCAS also,

http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildcas.html

LovelyDay: Thanks for letting us know that there is indeed at least 2 more classes coming up, the end is near for the 5025 list. You have a lot of patience which is something that we all need, good luck to you!

I think today my husband is finding out what depot he is going to. I know Mabstoa got paid yesterday and TA gets paid tomorrow(they pick it up at their depot) Nothing much happened yesterday, still doing CPR training and watching videos up in Zerega. Also they measured for uniforms. He said that graduation would be at the end of the month. There are about 50 people in the class which passed by day 10.

I think today my husband is finding out what depot he is going to. I know Mabstoa got paid yesterday and TA gets paid tomorrow(they pick it up at their depot) Nothing much happened yesterday, still doing CPR training and watching videos up in Zerega. Also they measured for uniforms. He said that graduation would be at the end of the month. There are about 50 people in the class which passed by day 10.

Thanks for the update, 50 people passed out of how many? 100? 105? Give us the breakdown for the ATU depots(S.I. and Queens) if you can later on. Next up for him is line training at the depot that he picked into, I presume it would start next Monday. I sure hope he gets into the depot that he wanted.

Hi everyone. I have a bit of sad news. Today I was told that there wont be any classes until the end of the year. I was a bit upset seeing how they had me on hold all this time. Just for them to tell me I have one more appt. to go to. for me to be cleared. I have done every thing they asked of me. Every doc I've been to sense June have all cleared me for MTA as a B/O in passenger service. Until now four months later. Or so they said. Like they have done before. They told me that I will be in the first class. So again I have to wait it out till they began calling for B/Os again by the end of this year. Thank you locomotion. I'm trying to be. I have to go back on the 15th. To get more info about it. But thats all the info I was given today.

Hi everyone. I have a bit of sad news. Today I was told that there wont be any classes until the end of the year. I was a bit upset seeing how they had me on hold all this time. Just for them to tell me I have one more appt. to go to. for me to be cleared. I have done every thing they asked of me. Every doc I've been to sense June have all cleared me for MTA as a B/O in passenger service. Until now four months later. Or so they said. Like they have done before. They told me that I will be in the first class. So again I have to wait it out till they began calling for B/Os again by the end of this year. Thank you locomotion. I'm trying to be. I have to go back on the 15th. To get more info about it. But thats all the info I was given today.

Lovely Day-

I hate to hear that after how long you waited. Was there a class on the 31st...that was the last class?

Yes. thats what the lady at 180 told me. She said they just sent the list back. She said for me to go back and put my name back on the list. when they start calling again I'll be in that first class. (after all this time) I've only herd of MTA MDs putting people through that. Sadly I now know it first handed. Now I have to wait till the end of the year. when I should have been six months in to my probation. not to mention the pay from then till now. be it with TA or else where. If I was working. I would not have been able to take days off at MTA MDs every whim.

Archived