PA5 Pics and Video

Forest Glen

why? So seeing by the pics, if there is 1 c/r that means sum1 on the other car can press a button if im correct..

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but the conductors simply have their door controls exposed in all the cars. See here. Anyone can press the buttons, but you have to be enabled for them to do anything.

WOW! Nice catch! PATH is really stepping it up! and the good thing of a small system is the ENTIRE fleet can be replaced with one order!

Actually the one order is in several phases, since all of the PA1 and PA2 will be replaced by the second phase which is in progress, you will be seeing more and more PA5, since the 1 and 2 are everywhere. The main difference is that PA5 is all one train, whereas the older ones are mixed 1-4 consists. You'll see more solid 3 and 4 consists later, then the 3's will go slowly and then all that will be left is the 4's and then they will go too in about 5-10 years.

Just curious does the PA5 has a T/O and C/R cab similar to the R160s or is there a railfan(Storm door) window and next to it is the cab? Lik the PA4

The PA5 cars have full width T/O cabs, and standing position C/R area. I believe the cars come in sets of 4, with the ability to add in between the end cars. This will be done to make 10 car trains (add 1 to each set of 4) when the cars have substantial numbers, likely towards the end of the summer, but more realistically before the holidays, maybe even late november. It is possible that later orders will come in 5 car sets, the order sheet that i saw showed an additional few tens of cars, apparently for this purpose.

- A

Hasn't PATH been adding stop marker signs for 10 car trains lately? I remember reading about it on rr.net or subchat.

I am not sure, but they don't have enough cars right now to do it without shorting other trains in service. They need i believe like 20-40 more cars to do 10 car trains.

- A

Excellent pics.

I wish the R142's were designed like PA5's. Hopefully the next IRT order will look like one.

id doubt the IRT would ever look almost (Oval) then like a [Rectangle] shape.. But who knows how the future car ill look..

The PA5 cars have full width T/O cabs, and standing position C/R area. I believe the cars come in sets of 4, with the ability to add in between the end cars. This will be done to make 10 car trains (add 1 to each set of 4) when the cars have substantial numbers, likely towards the end of the summer, but more realistically before the holidays, maybe even late november. It is possible that later orders will come in 5 car sets, the order sheet that i saw showed an additional few tens of cars, apparently for this purpose.

- A

all cars are single cars with couplers on each end (no linkbar). this does not mean that PATH will not unitize them at a later date like the MTA did with the R62's.

loving the new PA5's theyrs very handsome cars,yet they didnt deviate from th cars theyre replacing. even kept the same door chime tones. unlike the R160's i cant wait to jump on the PATH and 'fan one out to World Trade you can really get a sense of their performance riding from Journal Square to Harrison. oh and did anyone notice that theyve written out PATH's entire name on the logo's instead of the acronym (PATH)?

• 1 month later...

Archived