Pre-employment

gabchi0909

My husband just got back a little while ago from medical and he is in the next class on Monday August 17th. He said there was about 50-75 down there for medical and about 50-75 for drug/labs as well.

I read on here that there is parking near Zerega...where training is, is that street parking or in a lot? Thanks!

Quoting Olegkha: "Parking around Zerega is not a problem ( just go down past the security gate and make first or second right turn )

Does he have to be there at 6:00am or 7:00am?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, 8 hrs of filling out paperwork, the following day is when you start your training at a depot that they send you to.

Thanks for the info-

I know the training is 2 weeks than after passing the road test, this is when they put you on line training? How long is this for and is this still Monday-Friday?

Thanks for the info-

I know the training is 2 weeks than after passing the road test, this is when they put you on line training? How long is this for and is this still Monday-Friday?

gabchi it's actually 6 weeks 2 weeks with Zerega and 4 weeks line Training with another Bus Operator

Thanks for the info-

well it does not matter if you got license or not, only permit is a must

one of the people in my class had his road test 2 days ago ( my class started 6-22 )

gabchi it's actually 6 weeks 2 weeks with Zerega and 4 weeks line Training with another Bus Operator

Thanks! Hey I know someone asked this...but what color socks with the uniform...does it matter ? I know it's a silly question, but I just wanted to know

Thanks! Hey I know someone asked this...but what color socks with the uniform...does it matter ? I know it's a silly question, but I just wanted to know

I asked that question recently and the answer that I got was navy blue or black socks. At some point they will issue you some pairs of socks.

I know everybody is saying don't worry about the parking around 750 Zerega Ave, but pay attention to the alternate side of the street parking signs.

We expect a report from you on Monday evening, no excuses, :)

I asked that question recently and the answer that I got was navy blue or black socks. At some point they will issue you some pairs of socks.

I know everybody is saying don't worry about the parking around 750 Zerega Ave, but pay attention to the alternate side of the street parking signs.

We expect a report from you on Monday evening, no excuses, ;)

Absolutely, I'll make my husband give me every detail lol..I'll pretty much interrogate him

We expect a report from you on Monday evening, no excuses, ;)

Why do they have socks as a uniform. I wonder if they have uniform underwear or thongs

Only B/O's get socks because they wear shorts.

Would you know how many pairs of socks they get? Does it have the MTA logo on them? lol

If you are afraid of roaches, etc it's better for you not to wear shorts while driving a bus. Is a small can of bug spray allowed on the bus?

Would you know how many pairs of socks they get? Does it have the MTA logo on them? lol

If you are afraid of roaches, etc it's better for you not to wear shorts while driving a bus. Is a small can of bug spray allowed on the bus?

6 pair of socks

yes they have a logo

you can wear your own , as loong as they are black or blue or dark blue

Absolutely, I'll make my husband give me every detail lol..I'll pretty much interrogate him

Parking was fine, he got there an hour early and found parking right away at Zerega. He sat there filled out a million and one papers, again...lol. They watched a safety video and went over what to read in the manual tonight for tomorrow.

The list numbers he spoke to were in the 3500's and 3600's. He is 3800 so he may have been the highest list number, although there were other classes filled in other rooms he said. His room had about 40 students.

Parking was fine, he got there an hour early and found parking right away at Zerega. He sat there filled out a million and one papers, again...lol. They watched a safety video and went over what to read in the manual tonight for tomorrow.

The list numbers he spoke to were in the 3500's and 3600's. He is 3800 so he may have been the highest list number, although there were other classes filled in other rooms he said. His room had about 40 students.

Very well, thanks for the update. What depot did he get sent to for training?

126 I believe...in Manhatten

They can send you anywhere, it is what it is. What you said before about your husband being the last or close to the last list number in the class, I do believe you can tell them that you want to be in the following class for whatever reason which then means he would have one of the lowest list numbers in the class. You pick depots according to your list number in the class.

List number not only decides your seniority but also your chances of getting into the depot that you want.

are you sure passing up current class is such a good idea ?

you never know when MTA will place a hold on new class.

better be last then not to bi in at all.

I don't think my husband would have passed up this class....Olegkha you are correct---he's been waiting too long to pass it up, even if it means last pick.

are you sure passing up current class is such a good idea ?

you never know when MTA will place a hold on new class.

better be last then not to bi in at all.

At this time when they are in the middle of a mass hiring yes it is. When is the next B/O class? in 2 weeks right? Sept 7th. Not a big deal to wait a couple of weeks. I think the chance of not getting into the depot of your choice is worth the risk.

At this time when they are in the middle of a mass hiring yes it is. When is the next B/O class? in 2 weeks right? Sept 7th. Not a big deal to wait a couple of weeks. I think the chance of not getting into the depot of your choice is worth the risk.

Just think you never know what's going to happen...look what happened last summer during the "mass hiring" ...there was a freeze and all of a sudden people who thought they were going to get called or go into classes had to wait over a year or are still waiting. That's just my opinion... you never know what's going to happen... take it when it comes because it may not be there tomorrow.

you got that right all they had Today was

MTV,100st,KB,JG,WF, and FLA im going 2 MTV im making due with what they have at the moment until something opens up and I get senority

you got that right all they had Today was

MTV,100st,KB,JG,WF, and FLA im going 2 MTV im making due with what they have at the moment until something opens up and I get senority

Kingsbridge always seems to have a shortage of B/O's, just ask DOB2RTO, he worked out of there before making the move to RTO.

Out of those depots that you listed, MTV sounds like the best one, have read good things about Manhattanville depot in another transit forum.

Gabchi: I am pretty sure that there will be another B/O class after your husbands. They haven't reached their target goal of new B/O's. What happened with last years hiring freeze wasn't a normal occurrence. The last thing you want is an 1hr+ commute to work as a probie. I do believe that Staten Island depots would only attract the students from S.I. and parts of south brooklyn, lets face it, the bridge toll keeps many students from picking into S.I.

Kingsbridge always seems to have a shortage of B/O's, just ask DOB2RTO, he worked out of there before making the move to RTO.

Out of those depots that you listed, MTV sounds like the best one, have read good things about Manhattanville depot in another transit forum.

Gabchi: I am pretty sure that there will be another B/O class after your husbands. They haven't reached their target goal of new B/O's. What happened with last years hiring freeze wasn't a normal occurrence. The last thing you want is an 1hr+ commute to work as a probie. I do believe that Staten Island depots would only attract the students from S.I. and parts of south brooklyn, lets face it, the bridge toll keeps many students from picking into S.I.

That's very true, although I did hear a few guys on here from brooklyn stating that they picked SI?

Archived