Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostnyc123

Something on The Broadway Line caught my eye; Opinions needed

Yesterday round 2 30 ish i was on tha® and i could of swore i saw passing between 57 th sta and 5th station a 160 wit a (R) red bullet passing missed tha side signs but def tha red bullet said R so has there been any info about 160s on tha (R) i mean i could have been wrong but idk

Must of been OOS or maybe in testing. Or crew playing with computer or sumin. Got a car number?

Yesterday round 2 30 ish i was on tha® and i could of swore i saw passing between 57 th sta and 5th station a 160 wit a (R) red bullet passing missed tha side signs but def tha red bullet said R so has there been any info about 160s on tha (R) i mean i could have been wrong but idk

It might have been testing.

I'd be really amazed but not surprised to see a R160 (R) train considering how many R160a/b sets Jamaica Yard is receiving.

At the very most, it MIGHT have been testing. Those red LED bullets are not very legible and that could have easily been an "N" or "W" that at quick glance appeared to be an "R". R-160s have not hit the (R) in service, with the lone exception of (W) trains that were sent to 95 St and were signed as ®'s. AFAIK, (R) crews are not completely qualified on R-160s. I would imagine that the (E) & (F) would be nearly 100% R-160s before they see regular (R) service. I also don't know if that's true about R-160s appearing on the (R) during the weekend GO which had them running to 179 St.

I'd expect a R-160 going on the (R) at anytime, since the (R) already had R-160's during G.O.'s to 179th St.

Nope, That was an (F) Train, The T/O was just playing with the sign, But an R160 did see service on the (R) for 1 round trip during The PM Rush back in april.

Huh? How can a (F) run on the Broadway Line? I am confused now, ;)!

I believe R32 3838 was referring to the R-160 set signed up as an (R) at Jamaica-179 St. As for the set on the Broadway line, I wasn't there so I don't know.

It was probably a new set going through testing. They can test on any line out of Jamaica. I've seen them test on the (E), and there's been photos of them testing on the (G).

One time i saw an R160 at chambers (E), was so weird. Oh wait........ :( :cool:

Seriously though, i've ridden on trains on all systems marked on the wrong line or wrong destination etc, it isn't uncommon.

- A