Crazy Transit Museum Kid

Sea Beach

The young boy was autistic.

That term is thrown aroudn way too often. What evidence do you have to support this? There is a difference between a hyperactive child without adult supoervision who is just having the time of his life without a care in the world.

That term is thrown aroudn way too often. What evidence do you have to support this? There is a difference between a hyperactive child without adult supoervision who is just having the time of his life without a care in the world.

Perhaps because I have a son who has autism and the young boy in this short video exhibits the same characteristics that some, but not all children with autism have. I pretend not be an expert and only reacted to what I saw and what I as a a parent have experience.

It was not meant to offend you or any one on this board, but I felt the comments that were given were inappropriate, but I did not comment on them, nor did you. I only wanted to bring to light that perhaps the child had more going on than hyperactive behavior.

Perhaps because I have a son who has autism and the young boy in this short video exhibits the same characteristics that some, but not all children with autism have. I pretend not be an expert and only reacted to what I saw and what I as a a parent have experience.

It was not meant to offend you or any one on this board, but I felt the comments that were given were inappropriate, but I did not comment on them, nor did you. I only wanted to bring to light that perhaps the child had more going on than hyperactive behavior.

Sorry to hear about your son being autistic.

Well thank you for the apology, but not at all necessary. You did not know and in that end, I must apology as well, it was never my intent to upset the board or the forum, I should have worded my response a little more carefully, when I stated that the young boy might have autism. By the way he annoucements were spot on wouldn't you agree?

I will see your son and raise you myself. I have very mild asperges. And I do not apreciate the idea that the child should be left to his own devices in a public space, no less a subway station, even more so, no less a museum.

It is still posible for him to learn how to behave in public. If my parents hadn't helped me, I might have been no better than that kid in the video. But, through a bit of coaching, which included correcting me when I was wrong, I have my aspergers fully under control. So I do not apreicate people who say that people with Atisum spectrum disorders should be let be.

And sadly, learning to control your obsessions sucks but we all have to do it when it comes down to any autism spectrum disorder. I highly don't think he has autism, I just think he just extremely hyper. My cousin acts like that on few cups of coke and a bag of snickers. If he truly does have it. It probably aspergers and NOT full blown autism or he'd be slurring his speech. Autisic people can't talk as well as a normal human becuase there brain can't process words as fast. (That happens to me sometimes when I'm nervious around an obsession.)

Frankly those who are here who behave like this and don't have a legit reason like a condition or being young (and by young i mean under 13), maybe now you see how ridiculous it looks to the rest of us. There is a difference between being interested in transit and being obsessed with transit.

Frankly those who are here who behave like this and don't have a legit reason like a condition or being young (and by young i mean under 13), maybe now you see how ridiculous it looks to the rest of us. There is a difference between being interested in transit and being obsessed with transit.

I guess alot of people got out of hand on the nostalgia train ride recently? Is that what you are referring to? I saw a few vids that showed a bit of it.

I guess alot of people got out of hand on the nostalgia train ride recently? Is that what you are referring to? I saw a few vids that showed a bit of it.

Out of hand is a bit of an understatement. Some were yelling and cursing at customers standing on the platform espicialy when the train was held at 59th Street.

Out of hand is a bit of an understatement. Some were yelling and cursing at customers standing on the platform espicialy when the train was held at 59th Street.

Yup others were screaming and cursing out the windows and flipping off passengers as the train went through stations, others interfered with those on board who were just along for the ride...those f***ing foamers who were doing it need to get a clue because that sort of thing is the type of thing that can hurt the museum trips. It's also one of the MANY reasons that ultimately added up to the MOD trips getting cancelled...

The trips are fun but its bad apples like that which ruin it for everyone. They don't think anything of it I'm sure but it's time for some of them to look in the mirror and realize what a jackass they are being and how it is bad 1) for their image 2) for the image of the hobby and 3) rude to those around them.

In the future I'd hope these immature people would get it together to avoid a repeat performance of some of what was seen.

and here I thought happy tools was bad.

He probably thinks about trains more than he should (more than women? I'd venture a yes..), but he didn't behave like some of the railiens me and Matted are referring to. The trip was a lot of fun but their behavior was absolutely disgraceful

He probably thinks about trains more than he should (more than women? I'd venture a yes..), but he didn't behave like some of the railiens me and Matted are referring to. The trip was a lot of fun but their behavior was absolutely disgraceful

Was he even there?

Same here, I don't think he participates in the RF community. Hell he does not even help at BERA.

True but most of the younger RF's don't "help" anywhere and it's a shame. They'd learn a lot and meet good people wherever they go. They just want to ride and film and take pictures but it stops there. It's kind of sad. Most aren't members of the Transit Museum (or any railway museum), most aren't involved in the ERA (although I can kinda understand that one...), and many don't even go on the trips choosing instead to follow the excursion but not actually be part of it.

After the current generation is gone there are few to take up the task of preserving and maintaining this stuff in the future and few seem to care...they just take it for granted that it will be there forever. Most don't even want to get membership because people are stingy with donations (which is sort of what membership is). I guess membership used to mean more, I mean hell when I was 8 I used to think the Burger King kids club was cool, same for the Yankees kids club, but people don't take membership the same way because I guess people just post everything on the internet anyway. Being a member before the internet age meant you were the ONLY ones to find out about certain events without having to ask special.

Archived