Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Look guys this ain't rocket science. Don't go try reinventing the wheel. Read these forums well and do exactly as transit requires.

Be patient and you will get your shot at the job.

And believe me when I say that this type of thinking is not the way to go.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Straphanger just completely forget about any outside drug test being valid at all... ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN and anyone wondering about the expiration of a drug test don't worry about that either. I took my first drug test on October 25th and when I went back for medical and to be sworn in in early December they took another urine sample that I'm assuming was for a drug test and I was clearly still within the 90 days. Bottom line is don't do drugs if u want this job. If u know your gonna come up dirty don't even take the drug test because one failure can prevent u from any future city jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen if youre going to comment state your status and your list number buddy. I never said it was possible for a drug test from outside, I believe I said ask the hr first but anyway this topic is old give some useful information. check my posts they are accurate. I never said they would let you but there is a question that asks on the hiring booklet if you had a drug test at any employer in the last 30 days or something to that effect. Im not saying that an outside drug test is absolutely accepted i was hoping it was accepted.

If you mean me , I am a conductor and I have been on this forum since 2009. I'm not getting down on you. But again just because they ask the question it's not how they do things. It sounds like something they would investigate. So the best way to shorten the process is to have you stuff together. Don't piss dirty, and follow instructions. My list # is 133*. So I have been through that part of the process.

Not sure if straphangers was referring to me but in the event that he/she was I had no intent on coming across smug or too blunt I was simply stating facts. My status is hired, I'm already on the job and really have no need to continue to frequent the forum but I do because I know what it's like to be on the outside seeking information so I come on here to try and provide information for those who need it

Listen if youre going to comment state your status and your list number buddy. I never said it was possible for a drug test from outside, I believe I said ask the hr first but anyway this topic is old give some useful information. check my posts they are accurate. I never said they would let you but there is a question that asks on the hiring booklet if you had a drug test at any employer in the last 30 days or something to that effect. Im not saying that an outside drug test is absolutely accepted i was hoping it was accepted.

By the way there is useful information in this forum about multiple titles. So old information as you put it has served me and others well. As others who are on the job of their choice in the MTA, I chose to give back like those who did the same for me and actually helped me through my doubts, fears and questions. And I am in my first year as a conductor. So far so good. Passing the medical,initial background checks are only the beginning. Get ready for school car. And listen up it it's easy to get it wrong and loose your life or take someone else's down here. The challenge is to not to take short cuts but to do as instructed.

Hello forum. Im list # 197* and i spoke to ms shivers about my situation. I moved in the last 5 years twice and was worried that i have been called for my medical and didnt get a notice because of my living situation. She advised me to come in and bring in my documents for processing and from there i would be sent to take my drug test. Im so excited. 5+ yrs waiting and its finally here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know what is the current starting salary for this position. Good luck to all.

Well here's an update my list number is just over 2150 and I just got the letter in the mail today for what I am assuming is the drug test appointment for next friday. It claims it is pre-employment interview, drug test and medical exam though and to wear business/casual clothing. It should give here an accurate idea of where the list is at now I figure.

I spoke to her recently and in back in the middle December she said up to # 2100 letters have been sent out starting the hiring process for conductors and as of Thursday January 23 2014 I believe she said #1919 have been hired. im list number between 2400-2425. im hoping I get hired by july 1st of this year. what do you think? Last time they hired from the previous test of conductors I believe it was 3022 hired from it or close to that. Plus people quit , don't qualify, forget and take the bus operator job so im crossing my fingers.

Hi everyone, im new here and have been following the past few days. I applied for this test back in 2009 i think. I passed with a 97 i think it was. Fast forward to last year, i received a letter to show up, (Early Nov) and take the drug test. I do that, and i get the 20 page app to fill out. On Jan 24th i got a call to come in on the 27th. Turns out i had to take another drug test. On tuesday, i received a letter to come in for a hearing test. When i go to Livingston st, i was told because i took the drug test on Monday, that i was to disregard the letter i received and wait for a phone call to come in. Just reading these forums made me sign up to ask, would that be or normal step in the process? i just dont want to miss out on something and i actually was supposed to be there...

Hi everyone, im new here and have been following the past few days. I applied for this test back in 2009 i think. I passed with a 97 i think it was. Fast forward to last year, i received a letter to show up, (Early Nov) and take the drug test. I do that, and i get the 20 page app to fill out. On Jan 24th i got a call to come in on the 27th. Turns out i had to take another drug test. On tuesday, i received a letter to come in for a hearing test. When i go to Livingston st, i was told because i took the drug test on Monday, that i was to disregard the letter i received and wait for a phone call to come in. Just reading these forums made me sign up to ask, would that be or normal step in the process? i just dont want to miss out on something and i actually was supposed to be there...
if I were u I would go in person to 180 Livingston as soon as possible to find out what the hold up had been. If u did all of that last year u should have been hired. Once u go in for medical and second drug test u should have been sworn in and given your start date the same day

He Got A Call AND A Letter To Do His 2nd Drug Test 

He Hasn't Done A Physical 

Same Thing Happened To Me 

The Confusion Lies In 

1. They Sent Him A Call AND A Letter For 1 Thing 

2. The Letter Said To Come In For A Medical That Includes A Hearing Test And A Pre Interview 

The Reality Is The Letter And Call Are BOTH For A 2nd Drug Test And A 2nd Drug Test ONLY 

Believe Me I Harssed Mrs Shivers To Make Sure At Least 3 Times lol 

She Said (Emma From HR Also Confirmed To Disregard The Letter)

So Those Of Us Waiting For The Physical After The 2nd Drug Test, We're STILL Waiting 

I have a question. I am filling out this form they sent me for the drug test and I am stuck on some things (I know it isn't rocket science).

1. veteran status

I got a general discharge because I don't even remember. Cannot find the papers for it anyway and only went through basic never made it to MOS. They told me I don't need to list for future jobs because the general discharge is as if I was never there. Do I list anyway or leave it blank?

2. professional or trade license information

Does a comptia A+ certification count?

3. Employment Information / General Information

One job I was fired from. Honestly it was a seasonal job originally anyway but they kept me for a year. By that point I wanted out so basically even though I did my job well I was late a lot. The only reason I took the job was as a temporary job (it was never meant to be permanent) and no more retail positions. Not like I left on bad terms or anything I really just didn't want to get too comfortable in that job and never leave (plus the pay rate was horrible they claimed they paid based on experience before I got hired then hired me at minimum wage despite 13 years retail experience then the once a year raise they gave was 7 cents an hour it wasn't worth it for me to stay).

I am really iffy on how I should word that one. I know they've hired people with worse than that and I don't plan on lying because I know that is a big nono here (plus I am not that type anyway).

Need to fill the remainder out by later today so please some advice will be welcome. Thanks.

My list number was 2000-2010...

Does anyone know what the work schedule would be like? Currently i work Mon-Fri 8a-4p, and my wife just started working a job 6p-12a. It's convenient because we have kids, so when i get home im with my kids and she goes to work, vice versa in the morn. Would there be more of a consistent schedule i would work every week or does it change up like every single day. I wanted to know ahead of time so we can plan our work schedules on how would it be rather than have a shorter amount of time to see what we can do to be prepared, because babysitters are hard to come by 

Does anyone know what the work schedule would be like? Currently i work Mon-Fri 8a-4p, and my wife just started working a job 6p-12a. It's convenient because we have kids, so when i get home im with my kids and she goes to work, vice versa in the morn. Would there be more of a consistent schedule i would work every week or does it change up like every single day. I wanted to know ahead of time so we can plan our work schedules on how would it be rather than have a shorter amount of time to see what we can do to be prepared, because babysitters are hard to come by

In school car you may have a bit of stability but even there your start and end times will vary from time to time. But you will have a schedule to follow so you'll have a good idea of what is coming. But after that you work where and when transit needs you.

Start making arrangements now to have a good babysitter. Just from looking at your schedules it would seem to me that your wife is the person responsible for making sure the kids get to school in the morning and you would be the one to pick them up in the evenings. You don't have to confirm or deny that but based on your wife's scheduled even if you were to be assigned to the AM tour upon completion of school car you will have a day or two where you will not make it home in time to pick up the kids. Even if your wife were to somehow pick them up those same days you wouldn't make it to her in time for her to leave for work on time. Plan to have someone pick up your kids for those days.

Good afternoon I have taken this test a few years back, I am now retired 55 years old and they are near my list number of 2,303. I am in great health for my age but was wondering that when I go down for my interview/medical should I tell them that my doctor put me on Lipitor? It's a small dosage 10mg because my reading was a little high(210). I do not want to be on hold so I may not tell them about this. I believe they are using the urine sample to only check for illegal drugs. What so I do? Thanks for answering this important question. I would love to work at Transit for about 10 years until I am 65 years old.

Good afternoon I have taken this test a few years back, I am now retired 55 years old and they are near my list number of 2,303. I am in great health for my age but was wondering that when I go down for my interview/medical should I tell them that my doctor put me on Lipitor? It's a small dosage 10mg because my reading was a little high(210). I do not want to be on hold so I may not tell them about this. I believe they are using the urine sample to only check for illegal drugs. What so I do? Thanks for answering this important question. I would love to work at Transit for about 10 years until I am 65 years old.
. U wont have a problem ... Just put it when they make u fill up a form on the computer ... Good luck!!!
My list number was 2000-2010... Does anyone know what the work schedule would be like? Currently i work Mon-Fri 8a-4p, and my wife just started working a job 6p-12a. It's convenient because we have kids, so when i get home im with my kids and she goes to work, vice versa in the morn. Would there be more of a consistent schedule i would work every week or does it change up like every single day. I wanted to know ahead of time so we can plan our work schedules on how would it be rather than have a shorter amount of time to see what we can do to be prepared, because babysitters are hard to come by Start making arrangements now to have a good babysitter. Just from looking at your schedules it would seem to me that your wife is the person responsible for making sure the kids get to school in the morning and you would be the one to pick them up in the evenings. You don't have to confirm or deny that but based on your wife's scheduled even if you were to be assigned to the AM tour upon completion of school car you will have a day or two where you will not make it home in time to pick up the kids. Even if your wife were to somehow pick them up those same days you wouldn't make it to her in time for her to leave for work on time. Plan to have someone pick up your kids for those days.
. Hard to tell ... Im in school car right now and my schedule is 1500 to 2300 monday thru friday ... And they been telling us that u can work at anytime ... So like this post says get a good babysitter or two !!
Does any one know when the next C/R or T/o exam will be?????
probably by the end of this year or beginning next year because this list is extended to 2016 ...

Archived