R1/R9 coming in December 2009

mark1447

According to a t/o during last weeks Lo-V on the (4) he told me the Arnies are running again next month..

I'm sure its the (V) again.. Why cant they put it on another B div line(The (A) for example) or better take out the IRT TOMCs with R33WF and run em on every IRT line every weekend like in 2004... It sucks doing the same Arnies with the (V)...

As much as I like the Arnines, they run them too much. People are getting tired of riding them every year. They should run the TOMC instead for sure.

Thank You!! Besides idc if the TOMC is for the (7)s Mets Games, they should be used for a Special for the Holiday not just the same old Arnies crap.. I like the Arnies but give those a break.. Especially on the Same (V) line which gets boring. Those could be put on the original IND line, the 8th Avenue.. From 207th to Lefferts or Something..

Thank You!! Besides idc if the TOMC is for the (7)s Mets Games, they should be used for a Special for the Holiday not just the same old Arnies crap.. I like the Arnies but give those a break.. Especially on the Same (V) line which gets boring. Those could be put on the original IND line, the 8th Avenue.. From 207th to Lefferts or Something..

I couldn't agree any more. Well in 2007 on the INDs 75th Anniversary the Arnines ran on the (A) between 207th Street and WTC. But the TA should run something different because I'm sure that people are getting bored of riding the Arnines. The first time I rode them was in August of this year during the 207th Street Yard tour and I liked the ride and the cars but they really should run something else. I'm anticipating the Train of SMEEs though! (32/38/40S/40M/42) :cool:

I couldn't agree any more. Well in 2007 on the INDs 75th Anniversary the Arnines ran on the (A) between 207th Street and WTC. But the TA should run something different because I'm sure that people are getting bored of riding the Arnines. The first time I rode them was in August of this year during the 207th Street Yard tour and I liked the ride and the cars but they really should run something else. I'm anticipating the Train of SMEEs though! (32/38/40S/40M/42) :cool:

To bad the tomcs cant run on the IND/BMT like it did before but because of the gab issues it wont do >_<

As for the R32/R38/40S/40M/42 sounds more like the TOSC [Train of Stainless Colors] :P! Thats like brother of the IRTs version.. Now i really wanna see that.. But i dont think it would be out now since the R32/42s are still in revenue service..

To bad the tomcs cant run on the IND/BMT like it did before but because of the gab issues it wont do >_<

As for the R32/R38/40S/40M/42 sounds more like the TOSC [Train of Stainless Colors] :P! Thats like brother of the IRTs version.. Now i really wanna see that.. But i dont think it would be out now since the R32/42s are still in revenue service..

Well if the TOMC did run on the IND/BMT it would strictly be for fan trip purposes and not passenger service due to the gap. And as for the TOSS (Train of Stainless-steel SMEEs :P), that would probably be running by next year or later.

The R1/9 (V) Train is not that far of a run which is what the T/A I guess does to preserve the cars, even in revenue service. However, Ive been saying for years, they should run it on the (W) between Whitehall and 57 St or QueensBoro Plaza, and relay it at 39 Av.

As for the TOMC, like I stated, they probably want to preserve the cars as much as possible while in passenger service, so they would have to find a short terminal to terminal to run it. If you run it on Lexington Av, It can run from Bowling Green to Grand Central, but then they would have to suspend express service so it can turn. You run it on 7 Av, between South Ferry, you can probably get away running it express between Chambers and 34 Sts, and relaying it on the Middle Pocket Track, where the late night (3) turns around, and itll be still holding up Express Service by crossing to/from Chambers going back to the (1) to South Ferry. The (7) line seems more logical to run it on, during the holidays on weekends. Times Square to 74 St.

All I can say is that I haven't officially heard anything confirmed and set in stone yet, but it is LIKELY that it will be the Arnines. However that will depend on G/O's and the like scheduled for those weekends.

As for the R12-R33 "Train of Many Colors" or the R32-R42 "Train of Many Types" remember many passengers rode those recently (and R32/R42 equipment is still in revenue active service) so it doesn't quite have the same nostalgia or culture shock that a much older train has. While railfans may get "sick" of riding the same train the confused and amused looks on every passenger as the train pulls into every station should tell you that the public most certainly is NOT "sick" of those trains and actually rather enjoys them.

Personally those trains are a treat to ride, as are the Lo-V's because they are extremely different than anything in service today or even 30 years ago.

As for what will replace the cars on display in the museum, as I mentioned nothing is final yet. If I find anything out, I may or may not post it, but if there is a change and somehow it is NOT the Arnines, remember the Lo-V's are not kept in the museum so no filler cars would be needed.

Any dates for December?

For the last 2x 2007/2008 it was every Sundays in Dec from 12 to 5PM around i think.. Or as AA says 10 to 4pm..

As for what will replace the cars on display in the museum, as I mentioned nothing is final yet. If I find anything out, I may or may not post it, but if there is a change and somehow it is NOT the Arnines, remember the Lo-V's are not kept in the museum so no filler cars would be needed.

well the t/a is gonna need to find a way to store all these old cars, as time goes and more nostalgic cars are saved there will be less space for old and new/current cars..

Well you guys know that they run the Holiday(V) service on sundays between 10am and 4pm. Thats how it was last year.

I thought last yr was from 12 to 5PM?

Nope it was 10 to 4 because the last ride left Queens Plaza around 3:30-3:45p so that last ride goes to 2nd Avenue and then leaves for storage. So technically they say 5pm but really it's more like 4-4:30p. I've done it the last two years alone and with my family. The first ride left 2nd Avenue on time @ 10am 3 out of the 4 weekends.

All I can say is that I haven't officially heard anything confirmed and set in stone yet, but it is LIKELY that it will be the Arnines. However that will depend on G/O's and the like scheduled for those weekends.

As for the R12-R33 "Train of Many Colors" or the R32-R42 "Train of Many Types" remember many passengers rode those recently (and R32/R42 equipment is still in revenue active service) so it doesn't quite have the same nostalgia or culture shock that a much older train has. While railfans may get "sick" of riding the same train the confused and amused looks on every passenger as the train pulls into every station should tell you that the public most certainly is NOT "sick" of those trains and actually rather enjoys them.

Personally those trains are a treat to ride, as are the Lo-V's because they are extremely different than anything in service today or even 30 years ago.

As much asI agree that the Arnies are a "treat to ride", they run them too much and people (people and railfans for years) are getting bored. Trust me, I have friends who have been riding the Arnies for years, and every year, they notice a difference in the drop of turnout. They do need to put another museum train on the road once in a while.

I think they use the (V) because it's a short route (Queens Plaza to Lower East Side-Second Avenue) for the R1-9s. I don't think a short set of anything else (R10s, R11/R34s, R16s or R27/R30s) could be run unless maybe BMT AB Standards or BMT D Triplexs.

It's a short route, it's all under ground, it goes through the heart of the holiday shopping area (Herald Square), and contains an easy relay at both ends (queens plaza and 2nd Ave).

It's a short route, it's all under ground, it goes through the heart of the holiday shopping area (Herald Square), and contains an easy relay at both ends (queens plaza and 2nd Ave).

They relay the train at CTL, correct? Assuming that's true, why do they fumigate at QP? Are the Arnines viewed as that much of a liability?

I should be excited about this but I'm not. If the R1-9's were going to run somewhere else along the B Division, then I'd be hyped up about it but it's pretty much expected to run on the (V) and like many of you, I'm tired of if being there. Plus, I'd rather ride the TOMC this time out than the R1-9's. I still dig the R1-9's but we need more than that or at least a change of scenery. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

I should be excited about this but I'm not. If the R1-9's were going to run somewhere else along the B Division, then I'd be hyped up about it but it's pretty much expected to run on the (V) and like many of you, I'm tired of if being there. Plus, I'd rather ride the TOMC this time out than the R1-9's. I still dig the R1-9's but we need more than that or at least a change of scenery. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Thank you, it really isn't.

Archived