Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Another reason why I don't buy the $200+ Nike's/Jordan's, most of them are made out of crap materials and fit horridly.. My style is simple, stylish and comfortable.. As long as you can match it with your outfit and it doesn't make your feet hurt, you are set!

I'm not much of a sneakerfan, I love clothes and snapbacks tho! :)

Oh that type of quiet! I am actually really shy around ppl that I don't know well either, online and offline.. I barely posted on this forum when I first joined, but now I opened up and glad I did or I wouldn't have had some of the very interesting conversations (like this one) that I have on this forum :D

and thanks! :)

A lot of these sneakers are horrid when it comes to style... I was always that type of guy who enjoys simple designs...

I can be shy in person but online, I tend to be a bit more out going... Yeah this convo is great! :)

Sure no problem!

Now that's how you point out the hypocrisy of these new age "strong & independent" chicks !

Thanks bro! Yeah it's definitely futile to argue with a chick especially if that chick is your wife... I personally say marriage isn't for me...

Women who are not married by 40 these days are called useless but back then they were called spinsters ;)

Hmm.... Well me, I'm good at playing all 4 of the major sports.... of course, I was the only black kid that knew how to ice skate out of my little circle of friends/acquaintances... hockey was probably my weakest sport b/c I didn't play all that much... would've liked to have become better at it though....

baseball I find to be quite easy..... I would play the outfield and loved diving for flyballs (back when Jim Edmonds was doin the damn thing.... lol).... I was a fastball/curve ball hitter.... change-ups would give me problems though...... always had good hand-eye coordination & quick reflexes..... my problem with playing baseball is, I would lose interest after a while.... the other 3 sports were much more fun to me.....

basketball, on most days, you didn't want to leave me open... I was a set shooter, and would heat up rather quickly (but when I was cold, I admit, I stunk).... I liked playing the shooting guard position, but since I was one of the tallest of the bunch, I would always be thrown at center - guarding some fat bastard that used his weight (and his stench) to gain inside position..... I was never much of a dribbler though.... I remember playing a couple games of "utah", where I did not miss one shot; including the "key" shot & the final shot.......

football was my isht..... on offense, I'd play WR (while I wasn't a speed guy, I was a "hands" guy; a possession reciever) & on defense, I would play safety (or using slang, I'd "play the field" - lazy right !)... I was hard to get around (esp. playing 2 hand touch or 3 sec. hold) b/c I have a long wingspan.... Sometimes I'd play QB, which was also fun..... fact of the matter is, I never got bored playing football....

I'll get to the part of your post I didn't address, a little later.....

Good to have a discussion with like minded people....

Same here! I can proudly say that you and MTAFanBoy512 have good heads on your shoulders!

I've always wanted to try ice skating but never got the chance too... Hockey was ok for me.... (we've play in the gym)

My favorite pitch to hit is a fastball up and away... I would hit it pretty far when that happens... Naturally, I'm a right handed hitter but I can bat switch... Also I'm a right handed thrower but I can throw left handed as well...

Thing is, in P.E, as I said earlier, I usually would throw only fastballs because the kids started bitching that they couldn't hit the ball because of me...

I could play out field but I didn't like it too much... I prefer the infield... If I was put out field, I was usually put at LF... If infield, I was usually put SS but I prefered catcher or pitcher...

Basketball, I suck at it completey.... I can't shoot straight for S--- lol.... I would always hit the backboard but rarely the basket...

Football, I was ok at it but my god, I was butterfingers lol... That's why the QB never threw the ball at me lol...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.... Well me, I'm good at playing all 4 of the major sports.... of course, I was the only black kid that knew how to ice skate out of my little circle of friends/acquaintances... hockey was probably my weakest sport b/c I didn't play all that much... would've liked to have become better at it though....

baseball I find to be quite easy..... I would play the outfield and loved diving for flyballs (back when Jim Edmonds was doin the damn thing.... lol).... I was a fastball/curve ball hitter.... change-ups would give me problems though...... always had good hand-eye coordination & quick reflexes..... my problem with playing baseball is, I would lose interest after a while.... the other 3 sports were much more fun to me.....

basketball, on most days, you didn't want to leave me open... I was a set shooter, and would heat up rather quickly (but when I was cold, I admit, I stunk).... I liked playing the shooting guard position, but since I was one of the tallest of the bunch, I would always be thrown at center - guarding some fat bastard that used his weight (and his stench) to gain inside position..... I was never much of a dribbler though.... I remember playing a couple games of "utah", where I did not miss one shot; including the "key" shot & the final shot.......

football was my isht..... on offense, I'd play WR (while I wasn't a speed guy, I was a "hands" guy; a possession reciever) & on defense, I would play safety (or using slang, I'd "play the field" - lazy right !)... I was hard to get around (esp. playing 2 hand touch or 3 sec. hold) b/c I have a long wingspan.... Sometimes I'd play QB, which was also fun..... fact of the matter is, I never got bored playing football....

Sheesh, you remind me of my friend in my school (b/c of your all-roundedness w/sports) . He played Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer and he knew how to skateboard too, and he was beast at it... He is one of only two black kids on the soccer team and the only black kid that I know that skateboards.... It seems like every guy is good at a sport other than me lol.. While all the guys play sports, I just chill on the side talking to the ladies Lol

A lot of these sneakers are horrid when it comes to style... I was always that type of guy who enjoys simple designs...

I can be shy in person but online, I tend to be a bit more out going... Yeah this convo is great! :)

Sure no problem!

Yes they are! Many are ugly, and ppl know that they are ugly, but still buy them to resell them for more money.. Rather waste of time... That's why I prefer clothes and snapbacks to sneakers :D ... And simple is better than overzealous all the time! *thumbs up*

Clothes is simple too, plain shirts, polos, graphic tees, cardigans and graphic tanks.. Actually fairly simple but still stylish :P

Online its easier to be more outgoing b/c most of the time your not gonna meet them in person so any thoughts about them judging you aren't necessary, at least in my experience..

Although this is a transit forum, its very nice that we can have off topic conversations, we all share a similar interest but we are different ppl, and its nice to get to know ppl and discuss w/e we want too... I like the freedom and I like getting to know ppl so its a win/win for me! :D

Yes they are! Many are ugly, and ppl know that they are ugly, but still buy them to resell them for more money.. Rather waste of time... That's why I prefer clothes and snapbacks to sneakers :D ... And simple is better than overzealous all the time! *thumbs up*

Clothes is simple too, plain shirts, polos, graphic tees, cardigans and graphic tanks.. Actually fairly simple but still stylish :P

Online its easier to be more outgoing b/c most of the time your not gonna meet them in person so any thoughts about them judging you aren't necessary, at least in my experience..

Although this is a transit forum, its very nice that we can have off topic conversations, we all share a similar interest but we are different ppl, and its nice to get to know ppl and discuss w/e we want too... I like the freedom and I like getting to know ppl so its a win/win for me! :D

Yeah that's true....

I really like polo shirts... I usually were either black or blue and I hate it when people assume I'm goth or emo just because I wear a lot of black...

Loads of ugly sneaker designs these days though....

I like to meet new mature people too like you and B35. :)

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Yeah that's true....

I really like polo shirts... I usually were either black or blue and I hate it when people assume I'm goth or emo just because I wear a lot of black...

Loads of ugly sneaker designs these days though....

Polos are awesome. Either Ralph Lauren or American Eagle polos will work for me :) and idk why ppl assume that, black is a very neutral color and matches w/practically anything that is why it is worn so much ^___^..

Yes, loads of ugly sneakers.. Vans and converses are simple and you can never go wrong w/them. Supra is a urban/skater type shoe and adidas high top sneakers are nice.. Some ppl have no style nowadays, they want to be sheep and wear what everybody else is wearing w/no type of originality or individuality at all smh (This is why I don't wear Hollister anymore)...

Thank you! :) everyone tells me that I am way more mature than my age, I guess I am (i'm only 17) and likewise, there are ppl who say some really good things on this forum, like you and B35...

Edited by MTAFanBoy512

Polos are awesome. Either Ralph Lauren or American Eagle polos will work for me :) and idk why ppl assume that, black is a very neutral color and matches w/practically anything that is why it is worn so much ^___^..

Yes, loads of ugly sneakers.. Vans and converses are simple and you can never go wrong w/them. Supra is a urban/skater type shoe and adidas high top sneakers are nice.. Some ppl have no style nowadays, they want to be sheep and wear what everybody else is wearing w/no type of originality or individuality at all smh (This is why I don't wear Hollister anymore)...

Thank you! :) everyone tells me that I am way more mature than my age, I guess I am (i'm only 17) and likewise, there are ppl who say some really good things on this forum, like you and B35...

Because black is often associated with those types of people... I like wearing black because it's one of my favorite colors...

What makes a sneaker uglier is the damn colors that they put on them... Iike neon and bright colors... Lots of young folks buy Jordans and nike because they want to fit in.... I never had that problem cause I was always myself...

Sure no problem. =]

To be honest... I wasn't open about my transit hobby in my H.S... Only a few people knew. Now I'm very open about it... I get people asking me for directions too...

I was always the properly dressed guy in school... Never really wore what the other guy wear. I had my own style...

I love cars too! I loved them since I loved transit... I was young when I started to get into transit... You've should have seen when I was young when the first time I rode on a R142 lol...

When I was in high school/college, I didn't see routefanning necessarily as a hobby, per se... So there was no feeling of having to be open about or having to hide anything...... The more I posted on rider diaries, the more I realized this can be (and is) considered a hobby..... I considered (and still do) card collecting as my hobby - that I never hid, although none of my other friends were card collectors......

I was (and still not) too big on fashion.... While I don't wear hand-me-downs or bootleg shit, I'm not the guy blowing hundreds of dollars tryna look fly & keeping up w/ fashion trends either.... like I told 553Bridgeton in the NBA thread (I think it was), I've never owned a pair of Jordans.....

Subway car interest I'm not near as big on, as I'm more of a bus enthusiast....

With the women who want to be single mothers, some just want money that they are gonna use on themselves, rather selfish and sickening ain't it?

Exactly what the child support hustle is.... The fact that they can still siphon money out the system & not have to work for a damn thing.....

Cinderella Complex.

Don't be fooled... these females don't really want to be single....

They want to be single mothers because there are financial advantages to being one if you're not doing anything with your life.... Of course we both know guys in general don't want an unmotivated broad for a s/o (significant other).....

It's a dirty little secret females don't want guys to know......

Have government take away all these little benefits they get, and I guarantee you, you will not hear females embracing single motherhood..... When it all boils down to the nitty gritty, females do not like the idea of having to work for anything...... A real dude that's about his will not mind working to put food on the table for his family.....

Working women for the most part are disgruntled women.... I bet 10 bucks there is a link to "feminazi's" & how many of them have to work for a living !

Because deep down, women are NURTURERS.

- Thanks bro! Yeah it's definitely futile to argue with a chick especially if that chick is your wife... I personally say marriage isn't for me...

- Same here! I can proudly say that you and MTAFanBoy512 have good heads on your shoulders!

- My favorite pitch to hit is a fastball up and away... I would hit it pretty far when that happens... Naturally, I'm a right handed hitter but I can bat switch... Also I'm a right handed thrower but I can throw left handed as well...

Thing is, in P.E, as I said earlier, I usually would throw only fastballs because the kids started bitching that they couldn't hit the ball because of me...

I could play out field but I didn't like it too much... I prefer the infield... If I was put out field, I was usually put at LF... If infield, I was usually put SS but I prefered catcher or pitcher...

Basketball, I suck at it completey.... I can't shoot straight for S--- lol.... I would always hit the backboard but rarely the basket...

Football, I was ok at it but my god, I was butterfingers lol... That's why the QB never threw the ball at me lol...

1) Same here.... Marriage nowadays isn't much more than a solitary day where that female gets attention-whored out of her mind & a long term business endeavor (financial security)..... I truly don't know of one happily married man - You will hear/see/read about a lot of bored, sexless (from his wife anyway), and miserable ones though.....

2) Much respect !

3) I'm also a switch hitter.... equal power on both sides.....

When I bat lefty, I like the ball middle-to-down (doesn't matter if it's away or in) - most lefties like the ball down anyway, it's an easier swinging motion.... When I bat righty, I'm kinda like andruw jones - you better be throwing upper 90's+ to get one past me on a consistent basis.... otherwise that ball will be traveling a long way.... gotta thank my uncle for teaching me how to become a more focused batter, because I would always worry about the ball hitting me, more than I was hitting it..... As far as location from the right side, as long as it's not in the dirt, I'm good (but I wouldn't swing for that anyway.... that or a fastball above my shoulders).....

Infield I didn't care for because you always have to be on your toes... in the OF, you can kinda relax a little more....

lol @ the basketball & football comments..... shooting is a touch & feel thing; you can teach form, but you can't teach accuracy... you either have it or you don't..... sometimes the more shots I made, the bigger the cylinder appeared to me (which of course makes things easier)...... Kevin Durant is a beast though, with his shooting touch..... As for football, throwing it to butterfinger recievers made things challenging..... you pretty much had to beam the football into their stomachs - which takes accuracy.... I knew who I could lead the football to when I was QB-ing, and who I had to basically throw a bullet right at them in order for them to have a shot at catching it.......

Sheesh, you remind me of my friend in my school (b/c of your all-roundedness w/sports) . He played Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer and he knew how to skateboard too, and he was beast at it... He is one of only two black kids on the soccer team and the only black kid that I know that skateboards.... It seems like every guy is good at a sport other than me lol.. While all the guys play sports, I just chill on the side talking to the ladies Lol

lol... so you're one of those guys huh.... I knew a couple dudes like that in gym classes....

I wasn't the guy going hard in the paint playing 'ball everyday though.... I also knew dudes that'd play in the basketball park next to grady from 7am to like 5/6 pm..... Same goes for the handballers (a sport I will never understand how to play)..... I can't play one sport for hours straight like that...... Never had that much "love for the game"....

Unlike a lot of older folks, I don't mind choppin it up w/ cats that's younger than I am.....

to add to that, you're never too old to learn something from someone......

Thanks for the compliment btw, famm's !

Because black is often associated with those types of people... I like wearing black because it's one of my favorite colors...

I like wearing black clothing b/c if I spill something on it, it's not easily noticable.... LOL !

Nice PE/sports talk. :sigh: I was never really good with sports when I was younger. It was only as I got older the hand eye coordination got better and even then I got limited time playing. I used to hang out with some folks playing softball and could usually make contact with the ball at almost all the at bats, but they weren't really hard hit and I needed the ball to hit the gaps into the outfield to get a hit. But it was a good feeling to know I at least made contact with the ball. In grade school, I probably would've just kept striking out.

for gym equipment, it's the treadmill for me as well. I was more a runner than a weight lifter. I'm probably really good at short sprints as I can cover a bit of ground quickly especially if I'm running for the bus or the train.

Same here! I can proudly say that you and MTAFanBoy512 have good heads on your shoulders!

I've always wanted to try ice skating but never got the chance too... Hockey was ok for me.... (we've play in the gym)

My favorite pitch to hit is a fastball up and away... I would hit it pretty far when that happens... Naturally, I'm a right handed hitter but I can bat switch... Also I'm a right handed thrower but I can throw left handed as well...

I would like this post because of this particular line (Thank you!) but I have reached my like quota for the day :(

3.) Oh yes! I kind of learned this the hard way, but I'm only 17, so its good to learn while I'm young...

LOL. At the tutoring place I work for, there was a little 5 year-old kid that was starting to argue with a girl (It was something like not wanting to share his crayons or something else), and I told him that if a girl keeps on insisting she wants something, it's not worth arguing. Who knows? Maybe he got the message.

On a side note, I saw a sign that said "Foreclosure Prevention" on top of a building, and next to it was a boarded up home. Yeah, some good job they're doing with foreclosure prevention, right? :D

LOL. At the tutoring place I work for, there was a little 5 year-old kid that was starting to argue with a girl (It was something like not wanting to share his crayons or something else), and I told him that if a girl keeps on insisting she wants something, it's not worth arguing. Who knows? Maybe he got the message.

On a side note, I saw a sign that said "Foreclosure Prevention" on top of a building, and next to it was a boarded up home. Yeah, some good job they're doing with foreclosure prevention, right? :D

LOL, that's crazy and pretty cool, they say in some instances that children listen better than adults sometimes, who knows? maybe the same could be said for this situation..

LMAO wow thats pretty funny! There is a company that fixes houses around 147th Av and maybe 226 St (5 blocks from my house) and half the houses on their block look like they haven't been updated in years...

On a side note, yesterday I was on the Q85 at Jamaica Center in the AM meeting someone that I was selling a hat to, and then the Q5 came and on the back it said "Q3" Programming error maybe?

The ads on my page show a Nissan Titan. Why on earth would a single 19 year old buy that thing?

LOL, I always get ads for things I DON'T want.. If I get an ad for clothing its for either Victoria's Secret (Idk how, I'm a guy), Aeropostale or Old Navy (I don't wear those -___-) and then there are ads for meeting singles. Wtf ? I'm 17, I'm too young to sign up for almost all of those sites..

LOL, that's crazy and pretty cool, they say in some instances that children listen better than adults sometimes, who knows? maybe the same could be said for this situation..

LMAO wow thats pretty funny! There is a company that fixes houses around 147th Av and maybe 226 St (5 blocks from my house) and half the houses on their block look like they haven't been updated in years...

On a side note, yesterday I was on the Q85 at Jamaica Center in the AM meeting someone that I was selling a hat to, and then the Q5 came and on the back it said "Q3" Programming error maybe?

You gotta love the way they make a big deal about things that we consider trivial. I remember once, a kid had pushed another kid out of his seat because he wanted that particular chair, and then I gave the other kid a Starburst and the kid who did the pushing started crying because he didn't get one. I'm like "You think you're getting anything after you shoved a kid out of their seat?" I'm like "Damn, the kid's bawling over a little piece of candy that I don't even want" (Of course, I wasn't giving away any of the good flavors).

As for the homes, they could use it as some kind of advertisement. Sort of like "If these guys took advantage of the fact that we're here, their homes wouldn't look like this".

And yeah, I've seen some buses like that with the wrong sign. I can't think of any particular examples, but it's happened before. B35 said it's common for B35s to have a B8 listed on the back.

I remember once on the S46, the front and side signs said something like "Error 1200" or something like that. I thought that was so weird....