Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lmao I find that to be funny.

I'm sure Cablevision beats the hell out of the cable I'm used to. Its 2011 and I'm still in aww over HD since it's so new to me (couple of months). 3D TV is still something I don't comprehend, do you need glasses?[/QUOTE]

Yes...yes you do.

I'm in the same problem as you as far as what I've quoted. I would like Fios as well.
Join the club. I only want Fios for the picture quality. Cablevision is a disgrace because they advertise their cable service as "digital TV", when in fact, all channels are broadcast in analog signal. It's really irritating to see a pixelatd picture. :tdown:

Lmao I find that to be funny.

I'm sure Cablevision beats the hell out of the cable I'm used to. Its 2011 and I'm still in aww over HD since it's so new to me (couple of months). 3D TV is still something I don't comprehend, do you need glasses?[/QUOTE]

Yes...yes you do.

You're not alone. Its been a few months since we first got an HD tv. (Twenty-something inch Vizio.) I like it. :tup:

Join the club. I only want Fios for the picture quality. Cablevision is a disgrace because they advertise their cable service as "digital TV", when in fact, all channels are broadcast in analog signal. It's really irritating to see a pixelatd picture. :tdown:

Yup, every now and then the picture will freeze up and you can see the pixelation. Just terrible. And of course their joke of Optimum wifi = if you leave a spot to go to another spot, you have to retype all the info to log back in. 'Remembers your info' my ass... :sticks imaginary finger at Cablevision:

Far as the HD stuff goes, they got the grey 'bars' on the top and bottom to make the screen wider, but I don't see any remarkable difference in the quality over the original standard stuff.

Yup, every now and then the picture will freeze up and you can see the pixelation. Just terrible. And of course their joke of Optimum wifi = if you leave a spot to go to another spot, you have to retype all the info to log back in. 'Remembers your info' my ass... :sticks imaginary finger at Cablevision:

Far as the HD stuff goes, they got the grey 'bars' on the top and bottom to make the screen wider, but I don't see any remarkable difference in the quality over the original standard stuff.

Nearly everyone complains about that, and I don't blame them. But I did like the SD picture quality through my DVR for the premium channels (when they were still SD before all of them became HD) What I find humorous about their advertising of Wifi is their claim that it's 2x faster than 3G. Tried their wifi on my iTouch, and it's nowhere near faster at all. You have to be lucky enough to find a stronger optimum wifi signal or deal with the slowness. :tdown:

The HD channels themselves are also pixelated as well, and the colors are somewhat off, so it's no wonder why it's "free". Cablevomit will do anything to convince you to stay with them, yet at the same time, they know that they don't stand a chance with Fios since that will be the future.