Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well,at lease Cablevision sending out interesting tv ads.
Yeah, it's filled with terrible lies.

*Optimum Online is in no way "5X faster than phone company high speed internet". They're basing it from DSL speed.

*Wifi is not even that fast than 3G.

*Why would "thousands" or "40%" of optimum customers who try satellite or Fios respectively return to Optimum?

*Just because HD is free for optimum doesn't mean Direc TV/Dish doesn't offer it free as well. Dunno about Fios.

*iO will never offer "digital signal". All channels will always be analog.

I was heading home this afternoon and a couple of drunks decided to board the train at Clayton and held the doors open.

The driver came over the PA:

"Ladies and Gentlemen this is the driver speaking. There are a couple of drunk i***ts in the rear car holding the doors open. Other passengers would like to get going before the next Century comes around. Could any passengers in the rear car please assist in getting them off the train so we coul get moving"

We sit there for a few minutes by that stage the rear three cars were all looking at the rear. A few were about to make their way down there to belt the living daylights out of them. Many were giving them the death stare. I could hear the Emergency intercom from that car and I heard from the driver "just push 'em off" I don't know what happened to get them off but they got off the train and we got moving.

Anybody else almost bust their ass today. The sidewalks were covered in ice. I was literally skating fom time to time.

Also, anybody else had a hard time trying to use the subway going to school yesturday since the school metrocard expired on Sunday. I asked the station booth worker at Church Av on the (F)(G) yesturday morning if I can pass because of the expired metrocard, I even showed it to him. What did he say... "Sorry. I can't help you with that." A little pissed, I just decided to walk to the Av I station. Sparks were coming down from the el like crazy, especially near Av F. Anyway I asked the station booth worker there and he said yes without a problem.

1140278442.png

.24Mbps = 24kbps

24 kilobits per second / 8 = 3 KiloBYTES per second

THREE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. IF I WANTED DIAL UP SERVICE, I WOULD HAVE STAYED WITH AO F***ING L! The website even says it would take FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY MINUTES to download 800MB. F*** Cablevision!

Posting live via my PS3 lol

Anybody else almost bust their ass today. The sidewalks were covered in ice. I was literally skating fom time to time.

Also, anybody else had a hard time trying to use the subway going to school yesturday since the school metrocard expired on Sunday. I asked the station booth worker at Church Av on the (F)(G) yesturday morning if I can pass because of the expired metrocard, I even showed it to him. What did he say... "Sorry. I can't help you with that." A little pissed, I just decided to walk to the Av I station. Sparks were coming down from the el like crazy, especially near Av F. Anyway I asked the station booth worker there and he said yes without a problem.

I'm not gonna lie I did twice :P

1140278442.png

.24Mbps = 24kbps

24 kilobits per second / 8 = 3 KiloBYTES per second

THREE KILOBYTES PER SECOND. IF I WANTED DIAL UP SERVICE, I WOULD HAVE STAYED WITH AO F***ING L! The website even says it would take FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY MINUTES to download 800MB. F*** Cablevision!

Just for completeness' sake:

1141189593.png

I have to get Verizon I see.

They're awesome. I've got FIOS for internet, landline and television, service is great.

Only downside is that a power outage signals the loss of my landline. Hardly a unique situation to non-copper-based telephone systems though.

They're awesome. I've got FIOS for internet, landline and television, service is great.

Only downside is that a power outage signals the loss of my landline. Hardly a unique situation to non-copper-based telephone systems though.

Same thing with Optimum Voice. Which is why I have a UPS hooked up to the modem.

How long does the UPS last?

With only the modem and router.......about 40 minutes.

You're not the only one.

1140291815.png

@Joe, how is the picture quality for Fios? Is it really 100% crystal clear, unlike Cablevision?

I see it's not just me. Optimum sucks.

Fixed.

PEM1008.jpg

nope, still not showing. It just says "hotlinking not allowed" :P

well heres a random thought: I havent been railfanning lately because Michelle has Swiped my interest...

Last Saturday instead of the usual Railfan trip, I was hanging out with her.

Sunday, All I did was the Culver Line, I got bored and went up to 49 Street (she was planning to go to Rockefeller Center but she didnt). I waited there until I heard the news. I did catch 3-4 R160 ®'s (via the 70(EE)) that day.

Yes lol, she does foam over Manhattan. She loves Manhattan... Loves it. I know once I got a random text from her reading "I LOVE MANHATTAN I want to go there right now! =-o :-(. Manhattan Foamer :P:P