NovaBus 1200 in Lower Manhattan

LRG

Aw sweet, I heard these were being delivered to New York last night!!

They look great, but do they sound as good as they look? Loving the mufflers!!

Lol just noticed they need depot stickers!

That holding a Cummins ISL9 & Allison B-500R WTEC, I wouldnt doubt these buses would sound good, might even sound better than the NG CNG!

Nice catch! Damn I wish I was home but I am in New Jersey. Heading home in a few. I'm surprised at how this bus looks, especially with the flat panel windows.

That holding a Cummins ISL9 & Allison B-500R WTEC, I wouldnt doubt these buses would sound good, might even sound better than the NG CNG!

Nice catch! Damn I wish I was home but I am in New Jersey. Heading home in a few. I'm surprised at how this bus looks, especially with the flat panel windows.

They better sound better than those NG CNGs, because OCTA's New Flyers pretty much have the same engine/tranny and they sound more beast!

Mmmmmm sweet diesel!

Awesome catch. Did you ask the B/O if you can get some pics of the interior?

Thanks. I did but he wasn't allowing anyone inside the bus. I doubt if anyone else got shots inside the bus but I didn't ;)

Damn, the keep making buses uglyer and uglyer.

LOL!!! You should hear what my friends and I say about the DesignLine buses: we cut on it and say it looks like a Twinkie on wheels! I don't even want to say anything about this bus because the comment would be too crude...lol.

I have always hated buses, but the only model I have ever like were the old Fish Bowls.

Dang it's too bad that I wasn't alive around the time Fishbowls were still around. But like you, I'm not a busfan myself.

Hmmm the last of the MTA's Fishbowls were in service up until 1995, I remember seeing them as a young child in the past...

In that case, I just never saw them. I do remember the RTS buses having that gothic-like font for the bus numbers and had the (NYCT) logo on the front, side, and back.

Archived