1 Star Ranting

Sea Beach

You're ;)

huh? :confused:

Wow a 1 in this topic? How low is that for the person to do that..

bet the Webmaster and/or staff can tell who. And if not, they can go thru SQL or with a MOD.

Vinster, it maybe someone who doesn't like you.. Maybe you know some people who don't like you here and it could be them..

I hope they can do that to.

Like I said,its not just me,its happening to alot of other members on here to,I even saw one of your vids get a 1 star not to long ago

Ah. The irony. I tried giving it a 5 to bring it back up, but it says "You have already rated this thread". Is it disabled?

I dunno

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
huh? :confused:

You typed your as in is this your car, instead of you're as in you are (you're).

Ah. The irony. I tried giving it a 5 to bring it back up, but it says "You have already rated this thread". Is it disabled?

might be a glitch. You get that regardless of the thread.

You could set up a 2nd youtube account and give yourself a 5 to counter those 1s ;) j/k

But if you really want to, make sure you have a 2nd e-mail account. Preferrably from another e-mail provider [ie:yahoo and aol]

That wouldnt work. If someone was to rate the video 1 star and then another person rates it 5, it will jump to 3 stars in total. The more 4-5 stars he make the more it will jump.. But it most likely to 4 and 1/2 or 4 stars only

You know what would prevent this stupidity? A weighted average

Simply make certain votes worth more. The criteria could be any of these:

• Seniority; older members weight more heavily with their votes
  • Account/profile rating; people with bad reputation won't be able to influence ratings much
  • Time; more recent votes are weighted more so the rating of something is pegged to its popularity (e.g., a video promoting America's war in Iraq would have its average drop from (5) to (2) over the years with votes farther in the past being ignored)
  • Automatic vote elimination; if the votes are spread out to a certain degree around a certain average, votes that are too far out are not even counted; works best with the other mechanisms (e.g., a vote of 1 from a senior member with a high ranking account will be counted anyway for a video where every other vote is a (4) or (5) while such a vote from a newly created account would not make a dent in the average rating)

Now, this is weird. I saw your post, and looked at the rating. When I tried to vote myself, I was prevented from doing so, as it said I already voted. Since I had not voted on a thread previously, I went to an un-starred thread that I enjoyed, and voted for it to see the process (I rated it 5). You have to choose the rating after dropping down the rating menu, so that means that if you didn't vote for a thread, you'd probably know that you didn't vote for the thread. But, weirdly enough, I still can't vote for this thread. Is there some reason this is happening, that once someone votes a rating, no one else is allowed to post a vote? Or is it just me?

You typed your as in is this your car, instead of you're as in you are (you're).

might be a glitch. You get that regardless of the thread.

you know,your always correcting and be-littleing everyones posts,this isnt grammar school its a forum,and I wouldnt be suprised if its you giving out the 1 stars....

you know its not a glitch,once someone rates it no one else can.

Now, this is weird. I saw your post, and looked at the rating. When I tried to vote myself, I was prevented from doing so, as it said I already voted. Since I had not voted on a thread previously, I went to an un-starred thread that I enjoyed, and voted for it to see the process (I rated it 5). You have to choose the rating after dropping down the rating menu, so that means that if you didn't vote for a thread, you'd probably know that you didn't vote for the thread. But, weirdly enough, I still can't vote for this thread. Is there some reason this is happening, that once someone votes a rating, no one else is allowed to post a vote? Or is it just me?

Same here. Harry should check that out. Everytime a topic is rated i cant rate.. But if its not rated then i can..

you know,your always correcting and be-littleing everyones posts,this isnt grammar school its a forum,and I wouldnt be suprised if its you giving out the 1 stars....

Sounds like NYCTF has its own little Brian Weinberg, SMH, damn I though leaving Subchat would free me of that kinda bullshit.

I have better things to do with my time than following a user online and voting down their stuff.

Edit: and the rating system is glitched since more than one user is supposed to be able to rate a thread since that is the entire point of the thread rating system.

Come on guys lets Quit fighting on who corrected what and this childish issue and go back on topic. Ignore Ignore IGNORE!

Anyways.........I suggets disabling the Rating at Youtube, till the heat drops of course. Idk whos rating you 1 star and no one does except Youtube.

I don't see why it would be a problem. That 1 star is just another statistical element in a sea of numbers. If your video is very good, other people's ratings will dilute it anyway. Unless the perp has no life and spends hours making new accounts just to make a dent in the average rating, I don't see how it will become a problem.

The 1-star person who is doing this is doing exactly that, though. They have multiple accounts in order to bring it down out of sheer spite. I've heard multiple people comlaining about this.

Normaly, it's nothing personal

See above

I've been osting on YouTube for a little over 2 years now and I have NEVER done anything to anybody to deserve the ratings that I get now! I bust my behind to try to get the best videos, recordings, and clips that I can. Of course I am not perfect, nobody is, but for me to get them kind of ratings like that makes me wonder about myself. Am I really that sucky? Bad enough I look down on myself alot, they do that and how is that supposed to make me feel?!

You're not bad. Don't take it personally. It's just someone that thinks they can have fun belittling others by rating their videos 1 star. Don't worry about it and move on with your day.

The 1-star person who is doing this is doing exactly that, though. They have multiple accounts in order to bring it down out of sheer spite. I've heard multiple people comlaining about this.

But the stars don't make the video. You shouldn't care even if he's making multiple accounts to do it. Instead, you should be entertained that this perp is giving you so much attention. It means you're important. :(

He's also probably so removed from society that he's wasting his life rating videos, threads, and other rateable content rather than doing something more productive. Karma can be a *****, and he'll feel its effects.

I said that because he was correcting my grammar,what you said has nothing to do with this

Ok. But he is right with asking people to use correct grammar as it is some times not easy to understand why people are trying to say at times.

Ok. But he is right with asking people to use correct grammar as it is some times not easy to understand why people are trying to say at times.
I understand. However, he is right when he asks people to use correct grammar as it is not easy to understand what people are trying to say sometimes.

Corrections made. :(

Archived