1 Star Ranting

Sea Beach

For the past 2 months,someone from this site has been rating alot of threads and youtube videos 1 star,every time I upload a video this person is rating it 1 star,same goes for most of the threads I create. And its not just me,its happenning to alot of other people on this site to! I would really like to know who is doing this,I have a few names in mind.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could you be sure that it's someone from this site? And besides, don't worry about it too much, the cretin(s) is/are obviously jealous because their work doesn't come to par.

Just carry on and do what you do best.

I did not think anyone even bothered to rate the threads around here. Plus 1 star is better then none.

yeah but for what the star is meant. On yYoutube 1 star means Poor..

Anyways, Sorry fo the issue Vinster, Sometimes i Get 1 star and then it jumps back up with people rating it depending on the quality of my video.. Not for fun..

If you dont want to have people rate then disable it.. At least till the heat is over.

When ever I rate, i rate based on Quality/interest, not for fun.. Sometimes i dont even rate..

As for the forum idk nothing about that since i dont see that.. I mostly see 5s here..

If you are willing to catch the person who did it on youtube, ive set it many times to people including Curake79:

It is NOT possible to check who rated the videos anymore. I remember a few months ago, users could see who rated the video by clicking on the Statistics under the video and it showed after 5-10min.. It was removed somewhere in July or Aug 2009 because of complaints to Google of users viewing what they rate which was a privacy issue.. The ONLY way to track who rates what is to view ether the Users Channel, it will show the Recent Activities they did somewhere on the page, such as rating/comments and what ever(Only if the user allows it to be shown). Or if your a friend of someone, you can go to the Youtube main page on your account(Not your Channel), go to "Recent Activity" and click VIEW ALL, it will show you what your "Friend" has done. It will show those who allowed it to be viewed..

You can contact Youtube, but Idk if they will help as much and I doub't they reveal who rated what..

How could you be sure that it's someone from this site? And besides, don't worry about it too much, the cretin(s) is/are obviously jealous because their work doesn't come to par.

Just carry on and do what you do best.

who else can rate threads 1 star.......

I did not think anyone even bothered to rate the threads around here. Plus 1 star is better then none.

Like Mark said,1 star on YT means Poor

yeah but for what the star is meant. On yYoutube 1 star means Poor..

Anyways, Sorry fo the issue Vinster, Sometimes i Get 1 star and then it jumps back up with people rating it depending on the quality of my video.. Not for fun..

If you dont want to have people rate then disable it.. At least till the heat is over.

When ever I rate, i rate based on Quality/interest, not for fun.. Sometimes i dont even rate..

As for the forum idk nothing about that since i dont see that.. I mostly see 5s here..

If you are willing to catch the person who did it on youtube, ive set it many times to people including Curake79:

You can contact Youtube, but Idk if they will help as much and I doub't they reveal who rated what..

I know its been happening to him to,and alot of other people to!

I will put a disable on my ratings until further notice

I don't see why it would be a problem. That 1 star is just another statistical element in a sea of numbers. If your video is very good, other people's ratings will dilute it anyway. Unless the perp has no life and spends hours making new accounts just to make a dent in the average rating, I don't see how it will become a problem.

Don't take it personally. Somewhere out there is a loser who is so desperate and distraught with his own miserable existence, he feels a need to get back at society by rating videos one star. No, he can't get a decent job, meet some friends... he figures the best way to take revenge on all those who view him as such is to rate videos of complete strangers one star.

There will always be critics, jealous a-holes & haters all over Youtube, dont be surprised if you see a 1 star here or there now and then. I dont really see a reason for a rant to be made as there are other members of youtube who gets their videos rated 1 star and they dont start throwing hammers, but then again I've been in the game on Youtube for 3 years so I got used to it.

As for the forums, does anyone actually bother rating threads?

There will always be critics, jealous a-holes & haters all over Youtube, dont be surprised if you see a 1 star here or there now and then. I dont really see a reason for a rant to be made as there are other members of youtube who gets their videos rated 1 star and they dont start throwing hammers, but then again I've been in the game on Youtube for 3 years so I got used to it.

Normaly, it's nothing personal

I've been osting on YouTube for a little over 2 years now and I have NEVER done anything to anybody to deserve the ratings that I get now! I bust my behind to try to get the best videos, recordings, and clips that I can. Of course I am not perfect, nobody is, but for me to get them kind of ratings like that makes me wonder about myself. Am I really that sucky? Bad enough I look down on myself alot, they do that and how is that supposed to make me feel?!

Just listen to Cait Sith. If you guys have to worry about 1 votes, you have bigger things to worry about—like your self-confidence. Anyone with any shred of confidence would be able to overlook a minor speck like a 1 vote. I don't even get votes on my videos.

You'd be surprised. I've seen 1 star threads for "certain" members only when they post here. Sometimes its just kinda sad.

Edit: Just noticed someone rated this thread.. heh. Anyway to tell which members rate on this board?

Thanks guys for the comments

@Dave: LOL,wow yup they did rate this thread 1 star and of course whoever did that is probally the one whos been behind this.....I hope theres a way to check of who rated it to

And a message for the 1 star ranter: Your the biggest lowlive whos stays on the computer 24/7,and your jealous of everyones videos and pictures and wish you can get pics and vids that we all get,you will never succeed in life,your pretty much an epic fail.

Wow a 1 in this topic? How low is that for the person to do that..

bet the Webmaster and/or staff can tell who. And if not, they can go thru SQL or with a MOD.

Vinster, it maybe someone who doesn't like you.. Maybe you know some people who don't like you here and it could be them..

Archived