01-02-10 Snow Again, Saybrook and New London

Fred G

Yesterday I caught a photo of SLE train 3621 heading off to New Haven and then motored east to New London.

01+SLE+train+passing+BROOK.jpg

passing BROOK

05+Acela+2020+at+Shaws+Cove+2.jpg

Shaws Cove

09+McD+wrapped+coach+at+Union+Station.jpg

Here's that Mickey D wrap again. I first saw this in Rye several weeks ago but haven't since, nor have I seen any other Amfleets wrapped.

10+HHP-8+662+Union+Station.jpg

16+AEM7+917+State+Street.jpg

Trying some new ideas.

11+HHP-8+crossing+the+signals.jpg

attempting to impersonate Subterranean Railway's photo style ;)

After this I warmed up with a cafe con leche at this new Colombian place in New London. ;)

Very well done Sir Fredrick! ;)

Thanks, Sir Pablo! :cool:

I'm jealous of snow, great work here!

There are at least 3 McD's Amfleets around. I caught 2 you caught the 3rd one (by car numbers).

Thanks and thank you for the info on the other wrapped Amfleets. Other than the History Channel Acela wrap, I've not seen other brands shown.

Good work! Now buy me a Hot coco! ha!

Pfff...I took the pics now you pony up for the cocoa, Vato! ;):(

Very nice!

917 looks amazing in that shot... :eek::tup:

I've seen the mccafe monstrosity(ies) at newark penn 4 times now, and once on thanksgiving passing hamilton. Ugh, those poor molested amfleets defiled by such a junky corporation. ;) At least the (NJT) verizon wrap trainset has a good design to it.

Also, fred, i have Ace at newark penn, not sure how the photo quality turned out (was last week) but i'll upload it soon! :cool: It was on the modified limited stop (boston new haven, new york, newark, phl, bwi, was) schedule as far as i know for a few months, but it could have been swapped for 2017's (vs 2027 which 2033 is paired with since 2033 powercar was trailing) run that same time of day... i'm really not sure.

- A

Nice!

Thanks, Dan!

Very nice!

917 looks amazing in that shot... :eek::tup:

I've seen the mccafe monstrosity(ies) at newark penn 4 times now, and once on thanksgiving passing hamilton. Ugh, those poor molested amfleets defiled by such a junky corporation. :) At least the (NJT) verizon wrap trainset has a good design to it.

Also, fred, i have Ace at newark penn, not sure how the photo quality turned out (was last week) but i'll upload it soon! :cool: It was on the modified limited stop (boston new haven, new york, newark, phl, bwi, was) schedule as far as i know for a few months, but it could have been swapped for 2017's (vs 2027 which 2033 is paired with since 2033 powercar was trailing) run that same time of day... i'm really not sure.

- A

Ehh, they could wrap em' in Booger King so McD's is not a big hassle for me.

Glad to here Ace is still about. I've been looking for him but just haven't seen him. Looking forward to your pics.

Great Pictures especially the detail of the snow! May I ask what type of camera you use?

Thanks, I use a Nikon D700 and in those shots a 35-70 f2.8 zoom, except for the second to last where I used my 17-35 f2.8.

Great photos, even in the snow! Maybe I can see some of these fleets along my trip tomorrow while I'm on I-95.

Thanks, and a safe trip to you.

Excellent pics!

Thanks, Kris!

great snow pics

Thanks, theaveragejoe.

Archived