R44 Early Retirement?

ctrain

What they should do is place the ads in that space, like they did on the 62's. The blue Monroe ad made it look like the old design with the blue stripe. Instead, for the 44's, they came up with some ad covering the window, which has been long dropped by now.

No ads, it wouldn't look right. Instead, paint a blue stripe.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know! Stick to one opinion, and DO NOT start foaming at the mouth and changing your mind about them just because they have problems.

I have one thing to say ;)

Rail foamers are the 37.4 Gallon ones

:P

tank-foamers_lg.jpg

Remember, it is not good to always change your mind. Stick to one side.

and...

Don't tell a foamer they're wrong. They'll look like this

:)

racoon.JPG

________________________________________________________________________________

I wasn on the (A) to Rockaway Park riding an R44. I don't know what everyone's complaining about. It was a nice ride, and it did not feel like the train would fall apart.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

And of course it didnt feel like it was gonna fall apart. It isnt the car from "The Blues Brothers"! LOL

Are their teeth really like that, or is that photoshopped? It's funny, as yesterday on Family Feud, one of the questions was "what has teeth?", and Raccoon was one of the answers. Of course, just about any vertebrate has teeth, but I was surprised they would use Raccoons, along with dogs, cats, alligators, and people (and inanimate objects such as saws) which we normally think of when we think of teeth.

Are their teeth really like that, or is that photoshopped? It's funny, as yesterday on Family Feud, one of the questions was "what has teeth?", and Raccoon was one of the answers. Of course, just about any vertebrate has teeth, but I was surprised they would use Raccoons, along with dogs, cats, alligators, and people (and inanimate objects such as saws) which we normally think of when we think of teeth.

That's a rabid raccoon ;)

Why wouldn't it look right? It's still an opaque color covering up the band.

Well, in my opinion, I say it wouldn't look right. You never know how it would actually look before they put it on, but I just don't like the way I think it would look.

Agreed. Being passionate, energetic, enthusiastic, and even emotional is one thing. I can understand someone being sad of the possibility of losing the 44s or the joy of getting rid of them. But to flip-flop just because there was news of a possible problem?

Foam! like a raccoon with rabies!

LOL!

No ads, it wouldn't look right. Instead, paint a blue stripe.

Well, in my opinion, I say it wouldn't look right. You never know how it would actually look before they put it on, but I just don't like the way I think it would look.

Well, they look right on an R62. Why not here?

I know! Stick to one opinion, and DO NOT start foaming at the mouth and changing your mind about them just because they have problems.

I have one thing to say :)

Rail foamers are the 37.4 Gallon ones

:)

tank-foamers_lg.jpg

Remember, it is not good to always change your mind. Stick to one side.

and...

Don't tell a foamer they're wrong. They'll look like this

:P

racoon.JPG

That's a rabid raccoon :P

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

A little off topic but have R44's ever run on any line besides the A (and Rockaway Shuttle) ,D,E & F aside from runs resulting from service interruptions? I recall when they first entered service in the early 70's, cars numbered 100 to 200 something ran exclusively on the F (with an occasional siting on the E) and the remaining 100+ cars ran on the D. At some point as R46's cars were arriving for service on the F, R44's were shifted away from Jamaica yard. I am not certain if this is when R44's were moved over to the A. There was the period around 1980 when frequent inspection of R46 undercarriages led to many R46's being pulled from service and mothballed trains being brought back into services and other equipment changes. Once the R46 problems were resolved, R44's were not again seen at Jamaica yard. R68's arrived in 1987 and were placed on the D. I believe the D then shifted its R44's over to the A so that all R44's were running on the A line where they have been ever since. Is this true or have R44's served other lines? I know they cannot run on Eastern Division BMT lines. Did they ever run on Broadway lines?

Ok after reading through all 26 pages of this, I've noticed nothing but crackpot themes and constant :drool:-ing. I find it sad cuz all of the misleading information from people my age (who don't even work for the (MTA)) but yet at the same time I find it funny cuz of the things everybody can com up with. So I came up with this little saying based on what SubwayGuy keeps saying (although few actually listen): if you don't work for the (MTA) or are working on the actual inspection...YOU KNOW NOTHING

...also on a funny note, lets take bets on what will happen after the inspection :P

Ok after reading through all 26 pages of this, I've noticed nothing but crackpot themes and constant :drool:-ing. I find it sad cuz all of the misleading information from people my age (who don't even work for the (MTA)) but yet at the same time I find it funny cuz of the things everybody can com up with. So I came up with this little saying based on what SubwayGuy keeps saying (although few actually listen): if you don't work for the (MTA) or are working on the actual inspection...YOU KNOW NOTHING

...also on a funny note, lets take bets on what will happen after the inspection :P

I bet you a cup of noodles that they will conclude that the R44`s have to go.:cry:

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Finally, someone who gets it!

A little off topic but have R44's ever run on any line besides the A (and Rockaway Shuttle) ,D,E & F aside from runs resulting from service interruptions? I recall when they first entered service in the early 70's, cars numbered 100 to 200 something ran exclusively on the F (with an occasional siting on the E) and the remaining 100+ cars ran on the D. At some point as R46's cars were arriving for service on the F, R44's were shifted away from Jamaica yard. I am not certain if this is when R44's were moved over to the A. There was the period around 1980 when frequent inspection of R46 undercarriages led to many R46's being pulled from service and mothballed trains being brought back into services and other equipment changes. Once the R46 problems were resolved, R44's were not again seen at Jamaica yard. R68's arrived in 1987 and were placed on the D. I believe the D then shifted its R44's over to the A so that all R44's were running on the A line where they have been ever since. Is this true or have R44's served other lines? I know they cannot run on Eastern Division BMT lines. Did they ever run on Broadway lines?

The (D)'s 44's came off for good in early '81. They sat in the yard for about two years, until they all then moved to the (A). The (D) was left with nothing but 40m/42's and 32's (and at times, slants) until the 68's arrived.

Lol, 13 pages for me. I am reading 30 posts per page. Makes things easier :P

I'm using the default setting...I'm too lazy to change it lol

More posts per page = more quickly you can skim thru threads :P

Different amount of pages when I am logged on or not=Hard to tell what I want to read/reply to.

On track, nothing is Definite until a month after it happens.

Archived