1/16 (J)(Q)(E)(G) G.O Railfan trip

So heres a small RF trip for the (J) To Prospect park,(Q) to Times Square and (E) to 2nd Ave this saturday.

Meet Up Time/Location:

Saturday,January 16th,12p -- Coney Island -- (N) Platform/Elevator under crossover

Route:

(Q) To Prospect Park -- Transfer to The (J)

(J) To Court St -- Transfer back to The (J)

(J) To Essex St -- Take (J) back to Prospect Park

(J) To Dekalb Ave -- Transfer To The (Q)

(Q) To Times Sq-42 St -- Transfer To The (E)

(E) To 2nd Ave -- Transfer Back To The (E)

(E) To Queens Plaza -- (G) Shuttle Bus shots and lunch

End Trip

We will be getting off at random stops for photo op's

This may be a short trip,but I am planning a bigger one for that Monday-MLK day.

The (G) is also getting canceled this weekend right? Every depot is gonna show up for that shuttle bus action. I think you should have a lunch stop at Jay or Queens Plaza and walk down the shuttle bus route since you will get a lot of bus pics.

My friend also told me that there will be express service for the GO. If so, will there be buses serving the BQE?

The (G) is also getting canceled this weekend right? Every depot is gonna show up for that shuttle bus action. I think you should have a lunch stop at Jay or Queens Plaza and walk down the shuttle bus route since you will get a lot of bus pics.

Good idea!

so instead of ending it at 2nd Ave,we'll do this:

(E) To 2nd Ave -- Transfer Back To The (E)

(E) To Queens Plaza -- (G) Shuttle Bus shots and lunch

End Trip

another railfan trip should be fun,but i might not come becuase its saturday so idk yet.will let you know thou.

ok!

An arrival for me, either way I am still willing to go down there to do these photos as well as if I'd go to NJ, I'd just head midtown or uptown and wait for my parents to pick-me up while doing additional Photo-Shoots, :tup:!

so your coming? lol

Every depot, you say? I'll be fanning those shuttles then!

Why wouldn't I, at least part of it, like the (Q), (J) & (E)! For a coincidence note, I was exactly thinking of doing the (Q) & (J) this weekend or Friday and almost like what you said, except my starting station would be 11am @ Smith-9th which is not so important to add onto since yours is a good timing, ;)!

How about a suggestion:

Whhy we get to Prospect Park back from the (J) ride, lets just take the (Q) all the way to 42nd St... Saves time, ;)!

Were not gonna start from Smith-9th,your gonna have to meet us at CI at 12p.

I'd radther take that (J) to Dekalb and get the (Q) there so we have a photo-op there.

I'm not going, although I see a couple notes:

According to the site, there is no express bus service for the (G). Never recall any express bus service for a (G) substitution, no matter the length.

Second, since when does the (Q) start at Astoria?

1. I know, I was just saying my 'own plan' before you posted this, but it is your trip you plan and this one is perfect as it is, :tup: :P!

ahh,ok

I'm not going, although I see a couple notes:

According to the site, there is no express bus service for the (G). Never recall any express bus service for a (G) substitution, no matter the length.

Second, since when does the (Q) start at Astoria?

there isnt. and where did you get the (Q) to Astoria?

I have another suggestion. As part of the photos ops we take along the Brighton line we should stop along the Ave. U and/or Neck Road stations, since this will be our last opportunity to get pics of the old platforms of the station. On Monday the old platforms are being closed and the new platforms are opening for the first time.

I have another suggestion. As part of the photos ops we take along the Brighton line we should stop along the Ave. U and/or Neck Road stations, since this will be our last opportunity to get pics of the old platforms of the station. On Monday the old platforms are being closed and the new platforms are opening for the first time.

yes,we will be getting off over there

Archived