Far Rock not taking care of their 07 HEVs

RockParkH

I dunno about you, but I haven't had many problems on the Q35. I hope Far Rock isn't regressing.

i wont be surprised if they were. (MTA) Bus arent taking care of their buses PERIOD. (Except LGA Depot. Theyre the ones who keep their buses in shape, even the RTS's, Orion V's, Orion VII OG's and NG's.).

Even though LGA is getting better they are still among some of the worst depots in the city. Hopefully that will change soon.

FR might be doing badly because it may be short on buses and needs spares. Maybe if JFK gets the next batch of NG's they can displace a few OG's to FR and give them extra spares, while getting a few new spares for JFK itself.

Even though LGA is getting better they are still among some of the worst depots in the city. Hopefully that will change soon.

FR might be doing badly because it may be short on buses and needs spares. Maybe if JFK gets the next batch of NG's they can displace a few OG's to FR and give them extra spares, while getting a few new spares for JFK itself.

i think they should get some NG's being that everybody and they mama is gettin them.

I don't know about the other two but 3751 has engine problems. Caught that bus on Friday with smoke coming from behind and through the exhaust. As for JFK and LGA, its like they are competiting in the Destructo-lympics, fighting for the title of worst depot in MTA Bus! I saw OG hybrid 3704 on the Q11 with the right rear panel hanging from the bus. Far Rockaway takes better care of their buses than JFK and LGA...

Damn these buses are being rushed out of the factory if they're breaking down already!

Well the Orion 7s suck in general, on top of that they were sent to garages that don't have stellar maintenance records (Far Rockaway and JFK both are the poster child for how not to take care of a bus) .

lol they were old and needed to be retired. as far as i've seen, LGA's buses are pretty good.

Jamaica depot and Queens Surface had the same buses and they didn't look nearly as bad as Green Line's TMCs when they were retired.

If the problem is bus shortage - then why not send some of those 8600s to Far Rock to boost the overall bus roster? Those 8600s would do more good there than sitting at Eastchester and WF is going to get more buses from MHV anyway.

Luis, I have to disagree, LGA maybe getting better, but I don't think they are that much better. It also helped they got a few more NGs. Far Rock's 'best buses' are the SC ones that had low mileage.

i think they should get some NG's being that everybody and they mama is gettin them.

Well almost all of FR's routes except for the Q22 and Q35 are split with JFK, so they already see NGs. Giving some to FR when all but 6-7 of their buses are O7s seems pointless.

Damn these buses are being rushed out of the factory if they're breaking down already!

It's not really that considering that the same hybrids over at depots like SC and BP aren't having problems. It's more the depot maintenance, number of spares at the depot (whether these buses are forced into service or not) and how much the buses are being used.

As for JFK and LGA, its like they are competiting in the Destructo-lympics, fighting for the title of worst depot in MTA Bus!

Destructo-lympics is my new favorite term ,you are too funny. Coming from College Point Depot I am a little prejudiced against LGA but they are handled by my console at night so I get to deal with them frequently.

Your telling me LGA keeps there RTS in shape, they killed there TMCs.

They did not. The TMCs killed themselves. They got used 18-year-old buses and you expect them to run brand new. The only reason LGA seems so 'bad' to everybody is cuz they have many routes out there and a few of them travel real far between terminals (take the Q53 for example). Those buses out there are used the most and naturally they're gonna age a little faster than the others.

They did not. The TMCs killed themselves. They got used 18-year-old buses and you expect them to run brand new. The only reason LGA seems so 'bad' to everybody is cuz they have many routes out there and a few of them travel real far between terminals (take the Q53 for example). Those buses out there are used the most and naturally they're gonna age a little faster than the others.

So how does JFK have 3 TMC 94s still in service?

Jamaica depot and Queens Surface had the same buses and they didn't look nearly as bad as Green Line's TMCs when they were retired.

thats because they kept repainting them. but when it becomes to mechanical problems, it was trouble. For example: when the buses kneel down or tilt to the right for elderly customers, it couldnt go back up. the bus looked like it was always either tilted to the right, or in the front. On top of that, the Wheelchair lift would always get stuck. They never really fixed those old GMC RTS buses that Jamaica and Queens Surface got. When "(MTA) New York City Transit" gave away their 8000's to "(MTA)" Bus, they were still in good condition, until now. most of them are scratched, filthy, and the interior looks really bad. The TMC RTS's they had weren't bad. Those buses were good, only problem was that it was filthy on both inside and outside.

i can honestly say that Command Bus kept their buses good. they were clean, and always in shape.

If I remember correctly the majority of the 8000 buses that were given to MTA Bus were brought out of storage in which they were sitting out in the open. The buses were crap to begin with. I remember someone at Baisley Park telling me that the buses couldn't make it out the door sometimes. Only after three years did the TMCs begin to get better but of course their time is now up.

Archived