Do you like ads on the front of buses?

Bx41 Wakefield

I miss the days when the front of the buses were ad free and they had the(NYCT) logo in the early 90s and the big logo in the back.Bring back the (NYCT) logo!!!:)

I remember that and I liked it like that too. I agree with you, they need to bring back the (NYCT) logo.

Same here!

That makes 3 of us :cool:

As for the ads, it doesn't really matter to me cuz I don't really pay attention. But what irks me is that some of the ads are months old and falling off. Also the ads on the top of the RTS's was a big fail.

...BTW the Mr. G ads on the front of the buses is like a kick in the balls when its cold. Its like he's taunting you lol

the MTA makes so much money off advertisments here in ottawa we have a whole bunch of buses ( mostly pinecrest ( those are extra's )) that have adds for OC Transpo themselves where im not sure what profit is being made their. o and our fares are rising again i belive 25 cents up to 3.25

o and as you can see some dont even have adds :()

If it keeps the fare low and keeps bringing in advertising revenue into the (MTA) then I'm all for it.

You have to accept the fact that advertising revenue covers only very small portion of the operating revenue; not enough to get rid of the deficit.

Love the ads. I know some of my fellow rail/bus enthusiasts won't agree with me, but the (MTA) should seriously consider full subway car and bus wraps. They looked good on the Liberty Lines buses and I think they would also look good on our buses. Plus it's extra revenue for the agency thats not dependent on the state.

Love the ads. I know some of my fellow rail/bus enthusiasts won't agree with me, but the (MTA) should seriously consider full subway car and bus wraps. They looked good on the Liberty Lines buses and I think they would also look good on our buses. Plus it's extra revenue for the agency thats not dependent on the state.

I don't agree with you on the Subway but I remember bus wraps on RTS's way ok

KRRTS355potter.jpgKR505.jpg

If it keeps the fare low and keeps bringing in advertising revenue into the (MTA) then I'm all for it.

That said, IMO, the MTA should start selling ad space on the front of every bus, with the exception of the C40LFs which don't have room for it owing to placement of A/C vents and the license plates.

This includes the MCIs, which currently do not carry front ads, and every bus at MTA Bus.

I agree that the (MTA) should seriously start selling some ad space. I remember reading a NY Times article about it back in 2008 when they started putting ads on the outside of subway cars and they said that it could generate hundreds of millions of dollars annually. It's something to consider once the economy recovers and advertising revenue kicks back up again.

I agree with you 100%.

• 1 month later...

Archived