My newly made Map

E Local

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its just 3 lines, its not like all the Bway services run there :o

It was crowded before, now imagine with the extensions of the B'way lines in Queens...

Also, just make the (M) a circle already...

Knowing the (L)'s current TPH, are you sure you want to combine it with the (S)(P)(X)?

The <J>, (P), (X), and (Z) are not needed in Brooklyn the way they are.

What street is the (O) running on? It seems 100% useless.

The (I) would not work as a 34 St x-town because of the proximity of the (7), as well as the Penn Station tracks.

The (K) is utterly useless. Just extend the (E) to St. George and cut the (A) back to 207 St. The (1) is two blocks away north of 207 St.

3 Av (Bronx) would choke with so many services...it's not needed...

Replies?

It was crowded before, now imagine with the extensions of the B'way lines in Queens...

Knowing the (L)'s current TPH, are you sure you want to combine it with the (S)(P)(X)?

The <J>, (P), (X), and (Z) are not needed in Brooklyn the way they are.

What street is the (O) running on? It seems 100% useless.

The (I) would not work as a 34 St x-town because of the proximity of the (7), as well as the Penn Station tracks.

The (K) is utterly useless. Just extend the (E) to St. George and cut the (A) back to 207 St. The (1) is two blocks away north of 207 St.

Replies?

Ok, i'll get back to you with all the changes done today :P

Knowing the (L)'s current TPH, are you sure you want to combine it with the (S)(P)(X)? Yes

The <J>, (P), (X), and (Z) are not needed in Brooklyn the way they are. I know, I took it off there

What street is the (O) running on? It seems 100% useless. well I eliminated that line.

The (K) is utterly useless. Just extend the (E) to St. George and cut the (A) back to 207 St. The (1) is two blocks away north of 207 St. well I eliminated the (K) & the (A) is staying in the Bronx

Replies?

Answers in Pink

Heres my other map. thnx to nxexpress for that changes :(. well I'll call it service cuts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51682520@N02/4965364968/sizes/l/

-Why does the (I) have so few stops?

-Extend the (C) to JFK via the Van Wyck Expwy.

-Typo: No more O train at Kings Plaza!

-Trains via York Street can't run via CPW without causing delays.

-The QBL Express needs two trains.

-The Brighton wants 6 Av, as well as B'way access.

-The (R) to SI is useless as it is local in Brooklyn.

-Something should connect 125 Street (Manhattan) with Ditmars Bl and LGA.

-Why does the (I) have so few stops? I will add more stops.

-Extend the (C) to JFK via the Van Wyck Expwy. Ok then

-Typo: No more O train at Kings Plaza! I know that

-Trains via York Street can't run via CPW without causing delays. Ok then, Now I'm gonna have to switch up the system again

-The QBL Express needs two trains. I know that. those circles represent the (M)

-The Brighton wants 6 Av, as well as B'way access. as I said, I have to switch up the system again.

-The (R) to SI is useless as it is local in Brooklyn. what do you mean by that?

-Something should connect 125 Street (Manhattan) with Ditmars Bl and LGA. I made a new V train. from 137 street to the terminals.

Answers in Lime Green

Nobody would use the (R) from SI because it is Brooklyn Local. All SI trains should be Brooklyn Exp/Super-Exp.

Oh ok. Is it okay if the Brighton line needs 3 services? like the (:o(Q)(W)? 'cause lower Manhattan is taken by the (N)(R) in my map. what should I do? I was thinking of eliminating it, but how would the (N) handle the area south of Ditmars Blvd. also, would you think it's stupid if the (D)(R) switch? like making the (R) on the west end & the (D) to Staten island since it's express

Oh ok. Is it okay if the Brighton line needs 3 services? like the (:o(Q)(W)? 'cause lower Manhattan is taken by the (N)(R) in my map. what should I do? I was thinking of eliminating it, but how would the (N) handle the area south of Ditmars Blvd.

The (W) could run from LoMan directly to SI, as 3 lines IMO is too many.

The (W) could run from LoMan directly to SI, as 3 lines IMO is too many.

I could try that, but lower Manhattan would be hell in the rush, with all those traffics. I don't know yet. Instead I'm thinking of putting it on the 4th avenue line express via the bridge, so it could replace the (R), but I don't know where to put the (R) If I do that.

I could try that, but lower Manhattan would be hell in the rush, with all those traffics. I don't know yet. Instead I'm thinking of putting it on the 4th avenue line express via the bridge, so it could replace the (R), but I don't know where to put the (R) If I do that.

Since 2 Av might not handle 4 services, eliminate the (W) and and send the (T) or (U) to 71 Av via 63 Street. The (R) can go to Astoria.

Oh ok. Is it okay if the Brighton line needs 3 services? like the (:P(Q)(W)? 'cause lower Manhattan is taken by the (N)(R) in my map. what should I do? I was thinking of eliminating it, but how would the (N) handle the area south of Ditmars Blvd. also, would you think it's stupid if the (D)(R) switch? like making the (R) on the west end & the (D) to Staten island since it's express

In my opinion, the West End should always be the 4 Avenue local with the switch from the West End line to the 4 Avenue express tracks locked in place so the 4 Avenue express can actually enter the station at full speed and eliminate the possibility that a train gets in the way right before entering the station.

Ok, now I have a bigger problem. what am I gonna do with the (R) in Staten Island? I don't wanna have the Bay Ridge shuttle at nights & the Express is taken by the (D), maybe or should I switch the (D)(R) lines? maybe the (R) express via lower Manhattan like the (N) in the 90's & the Manhattan bridge construction from 2001-2004, & the (D) running local but still running through the west end line & stopping at Dekalb Avenue. what do you guys think? good or bad?

New map!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51682520@N02/4999882316/sizes/l/

New changes:

- The (9)(K)(P)(O)(W) lines are eliminated sorry, If I use either of them, it will be for a fifth avenue line, well not the (9).

- A new V train runs from 137 street, in Manhattan to LGA Airport in Queens, also via 125 street in Manhattan, Idea by Nxexpress

- the (T)(U) Changes. the (T) to 212 street in Queens to fill the (R) gap & the (U) to 242 in the Bronx to fill the (T) gap.

- (X) extended to the Bronx, because I don't like trains that only run in Manhattan besides the (0).

- No more (R) Service in Staten island, instead extended to 3 Avenue in Brooklyn, & in Queens replaced the (W) to Main Street, Queens.

- (L) extended to Riverbank State Park all times to replace the (P) Gap, & to make up for that, the (X) now runs local all times.

- the (7)<7> extended to Kissena park to replace the old (N)(W) extension there but not using the same tracks.

- (X) trains no longer run to Coney Island, they run to South ferry instead.

- The (1)(3) switch in Manhattan, the (1) is now local again so as the (3) is express again.

- The (C) Is extended to JFK Airport now, idea also by Nxexpress.

I know I forgot to add more stops for the (I). the (I) was made for super express service between JFK Airport & midtown. so I made this line but with 4 stops only, so after a stop in Queens it runs express to Manhattan where it makes stops to connect to all the cities trunk lines.

So Yeah, leave your concerns & comments.

In my opinion, the West End should always be the 4 Avenue local with the switch from the West End line to the 4 Avenue express tracks locked in place so the 4 Avenue express can actually enter the station at full speed and eliminate the possibility that a train gets in the way right before entering the station.

Perhaps, but then the West End riders will likely get off and take the express at 36th and delay that train by 'cramming in'. So you are not likely to save much time anyway by making the West End train a local.

Perhaps, but then the West End riders will likely get off and take the express at 36th and delay that train by 'cramming in'. So you are not likely to save much time anyway by making the West End train a local.

Dont worry, I kept this pattern instead:

(D) Express (Skipping Dekalb, except nights)

(N) Local (Stopping at Dekalb)

(R) Local (Stopping at Dekalb)

What ever kind of cramming takes place, it couldn't possibly cost 3~6 minutes of my time. The cost comes from the need to always slow down 2 stations before entering 36 Street and sometimes stop for another train merging ahead or waits for that train to merge ahead even if it could have pulled into the station and pulled out long before the other train arrives. The removal of obstacles like merging trains makes both trains' schedules much easier to adhere to.

What ever kind of cramming takes place, it couldn't possibly cost 3~6 minutes of my time. The cost comes from the need to always slow down 2 stations before entering 36 Street and sometimes stop for another train merging ahead or waits for that train to merge ahead even if it could have pulled into the station and pulled out long before the other train arrives. The removal of obstacles like merging trains makes both trains' schedules much easier to adhere to.

If the (D) goes 4 Av Local, then the (R) will be delayed!:P

Archived