My newly made Map

E Local

If the (D) goes 4 Av Local, then the (R) will be delayed!B)

Of the two, I'd rather the local be delayed.

The other option is to better manage the schedules. One thing I've noticed is that if a (D) leaves the terminal at about the same time as the (N), the (N) will be held up. This is a correlation from simple observation. The solution would then be to have the (D) depart sooner or the (N) depart later.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the (D) ran local north of 36th St w/ the (R) that would allow the (F) to run more Culver Express trains north of Church Av since the 4th Av and Culver lines run around the Park Slope vicinity and cross each other at 4th Av/9th St.

The (F) is above-ground at 4 Av, the (D) is below ground. One does not affect the other.

EDIT: I see what you mean, but would Culver riders want to go a few stops on a (G) and then go downstairs to the (D) and reverse in the evening?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You've got no Broadway service on the Queens Blvd line . That's not good. Why not put the (R) back on Queens Blvd so it can still have access to a subway yard? There are people who take the Queens Blvd line do use the (R).

Oh crap I forgot about that, thanks. but what about the (T)?

I'll just put via Astoria via a different tunnel?

Problem with the (T) is that it runs via 2nd Avenue, so it only serves the East Side of Manhattan. The Broadway Line is much more centralized in Manhattan so it serves many more major destination points directly. It's very convenient, even if the (R) does run local in Queens. By being near the eastern edge of Manhattan for most of its route, the (T) will be less convenient than the (R). Perhaps the (T) would be better suited to running with the (N) in Astoria than the (R) would. That way, Astoria riders get a choice of Manhattan trunk routes with the (N) and (T).

Problem with the (T) is that it runs via 2nd Avenue, so it only serves the East Side of Manhattan. The Broadway Line is much more centralized in Manhattan so it serves many more major destination points directly. It's very convenient, even if the (R) does run local in Queens. By being near the eastern edge of Manhattan for most of its route, the (T) will be less convenient than the (R). Perhaps the (T) would be better suited to running with the (N) in Astoria than the (R) would. That way, Astoria riders get a choice of Manhattan trunk routes with the (N) and (T).

That's true. thanks, I would just extend it to Ditmars BLVD only, the (N) & V could do the job the rest of the way.

Heres the new one:

Changes:

- The Archer Avenue line has been extended to 196 Street with the (J)(Z) running express, & the (E)(M) local, just like the Lex. Avenue line.

- The (A) & (1) trains have been extended to 263 Street via Bway.

- The (F) now runs express on Hillside Av.

- The (T) goes to Ditmars now (via a different tunnel under the (N)) Also the (R) replaces the (T).

<a href=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/5162031807_00316bc39b_b.jpg' alt='5162031807_00316bc39b_b.jpg'> Ideas map by Cinema34, on Flickr[/img]

Leave Comments, concerns & more ideas.

Archived