Your favorite singers/performers in music in 2010 right now

Shortline Bus

Guys What Your favorite 'current' or popular singers/performers in music in 2010 right now? Anything to pop, r&B/dance, Hip-Hop and even country is fine here. This should be easy since majority of the NYCTF members are teens and are in their early 20's so this should be intresting as a teacher to find out what the young people of America enjoy. Thanks in advance for posting.:cool:

Guys What Your favorite 'current' or popular singers/performers in music in 2010 right now? Anything to pop, r&B/dance, Hip-Hop and even country is fine here. This should be easy since majority of the NYCTF members are teens and are in their early 20's so this should be intresting as a teacher to find out what the young people of America enjoy. Thanks in advance for posting.:cool:

I didn't even realize that anyone "current" in popular music right now could even sing or perform. :P

Most of the music nowadays is TRASH.

Most of the artists and groups to emerge during the past 25 years, anyway. That's why you see groups like The Rolling Stones and The Who and Aerosmith and performers like Elton John and Billy Joel and Paul McCartney still selling out one venue after another. These musicians are grandparents, some are lucky to be alive and others can qualify for senior citizen discounts. However, everything that comes out nowadays is Top 100 junk and the vast majority of these newer artists and groups don't perform anything that would make them worth listening to five or ten years down the line.

Please note that I'm talking in generalized terms here, and NOT EVERY artist and group to have come out during the past quarter of a century is untalented and a fad-rider. Just most of them are... or have been.

Most of the artists and groups to emerge during the past 25 years, anyway. That's why you see groups like The Rolling Stones and The Who and Aerosmith and performers like Elton John and Billy Joel and Paul McCartney still selling out one venue after another. These musicians are grandparents, some are lucky to be alive and others can qualify for senior citizen discounts. However, everything that comes out nowadays is Top 100 junk and the vast majority of these newer artists and groups don't perform anything that would make them worth listening to five or ten years down the line.

Please note that I'm talking in generalized terms here, and NOT EVERY artist and group to have come out during the past quarter of a century is untalented and a fad-rider. Just most of them are... or have been.

I agree, nowadays everyones using the Auto-tune and it sucks.

I lean more to old school music, theres just a few artist out there that I like.

I agree, nowadays everyones using the Auto-tune and it sucks.

I lean more to old school music, theres just a few artist out there that I like.

Ugh, Auto-Tune could make Bob Dylan sound like Josh Groban.

I guarantee that item will be obsolete within 10 years, just as the Wall of Sound was after the 70's, synthesizers and processed guitars were after the 80's and bubblegum boy-band garbage was after the 90's.

R&B:Akon and alicia keys and Ne-yo.

Pop:lady gaga

Old skool:MichaleJackson/jackson 5

Rap:Jay-z and Eminem

Regaetón:daddy yankee/Looney tunes

Rock: owl-city

That's my list artist for 2010. And I'm only 19.

I'd still listen to Billy Joel or Elton John over Cheezy F Baby anyday lol.

The only people I like who are on the radio today are Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys and Jay-Z and they are far from my favorites. God knows that most of todays music is pure shit in my ears. I'm more of an old school dude. My favorite artists are in no particular order Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Earth Wind & Fire, Anita Baker, Sade, Janet Jackson, James Brown, Rick James, Tina Turner, Mary J. Blige, Donna Summer and the artist who I have as part of my name here, Prince. Most of them still make music today and that makes them relevant to me.

Archived