Roll 'em! Security cams make debut on E train

CPBO

Ijbj0.jpg

Perhaps this is the beginning of the hilarious and oppressive Orwellian state that people in the UK have to put up with.

Here we have sixteen cameras on one bus:

3874066765_3831c3f19b.jpg

It sounds nice now, but it could easily become obnoxious. It'd be funny if we start hearing news stories of kids getting arrested because they did something profane for the camera, or it gettin' stolen. haha, I just don't like the idea of being watched, it doesn't make me feel safe at all -just that my privacy is being infringed upon.

When you step out of your house you give up your rights of privacy.....Also you are riding on the MTA's equipment.....they reserve the right to do whatever they wish to make things safe.....for the passengers and the operator....end of story!!

When you step out of your house you give up your rights of privacy.....Also you are riding on the MTA's equipment.....they reserve the right to do whatever they wish to make things safe.....for the passengers and the operator....end of story!!

I also have the right to an opinion. Clearly a lot of the people here are very content with letting the same system that's been a boondoggle (what a funny word) in the UK repeat history here.

If people have nothing to hide, why should there be a problem about cameras on the trains and platforms?

I'm just gonna end here with the fact that various studies from the UK (who has become CCTV obsessed) say cameras in their current state don't fulfill their purpose as expected and keep in mind they're not free. Yes, you could put them on some trains and just place stickers on other sets... but someone who wants to do something "bad" will do it anyway.

I'm not leaving out room for improvement - and I agree with your position fundamentally, and it is legal - it just seems like with the MTA under such financial pressure, now is not the time to embark on something which could cost lots of money - especially on a system that's in constant need of vital rehabilitation.

That terrorist who got arrested recently released information that Al-Qiada has planned for a bomb to be put on a subway train. As far as I know, this just adds to the safety.

Plus, these cameras don't cost the TA a lot because some company wanted to test their products or something.

Right, I agree that the MTA probably should be funding more important stuff like fixing up stations, but since the company is putting up their own funds to test their product. So that is fine.

I don't mind cameras in busy areas like Times Sq, but I don't believe they should be placed in residential areas. That would be my limit of how far they can put up the cameras.

If people have nothing to hide, why should there be a problem about cameras on the trains and platforms?

Yeah i wonder what them graffiti peeps will do in the train, even most men and woman do stuff so wild publicly it will get the t/a behind em. Such as nudity or something offensive.

Cameras don't stop real criminals. However, they do stop casual criminals. If you're already the kind dealing drugs or carrying burglar's tools to rob a shop, a camera aint gonna stop you, but it'll stop a shoplifter or some other lower level crime.

I'll bet ya anything the camera trains will have a ton less trash left behind by slobs...

No, not R32s, that would be a waste. R46s I would doubt as well as they have maybe 5-10 more years to go.

But cars like the R62s and R68s should be looked into as they have 10-15 more years to go.

No what I'm saying is putitng up decoy cameras in the oldest cars, with the same "May be monitored by camera" signs. Maybe put an actual system in one set of R32s if any.

As long as people can't tell a camera is fake, it provides the same benefit as a working one -people aren't going to litter and stuff like that if they think they're being watched and so on.

No what I'm saying is putitng up decoy cameras in the oldest cars, with the same "May be monitored by camera" signs. Maybe put an actual system in one set of R32s if any.

As long as people can't tell a camera is fake, it provides the same benefit as a working one -people aren't going to litter and stuff like that if they think they're being watched and so on.

Well the (C) and (J) utilize more SMEEs than any other lines and they run through rather sketchy neighborhoods. The trains have five years to go so if needed, install a set into the consist.

That terrorist who got arrested recently released information that Al-Qiada has planned for a bomb to be put on a subway train. As far as I know, this just adds to the safety.

Plus, these cameras don't cost the TA a lot because some company wanted to test their products or something.

Is it true that Lockheed-Martin was contracted for security cameras on the trains and tunnels.

Archived