What I would like to see next

chrislau12

After the completion of the 7-train extension and Second Ave Subway, perhaps decades from now, I'm sure there'll be discussions on where to extend the system next.

Some people want more attention paid to the G-train, perhaps with a direct connection to the Atlantic Ave hub or back onto Queens Ave for direct transfers with the E/F/R trains.

I'd like to see a Bronx-to-Queens connection. Manhattan isn't the end-all-be-all of New York anymore, and people would like work and entertainment options in other non-Manhattan boroughs. Perhaps the MTA could purchase a two track right on way on Hell Gate Bridge, or build an elevated structure on top of Hall Gate bridge that allows the subway trains to run above the commuter rail but underneath the wires.

The line should go above Hell Gate and turn toward South Bronx where it terminates at Grand Concourse with a transfer available to the 6-line in it's second-to-last stop. In Queens, it should have a transfer at Ditmars Blvd, where they could build a square stairway and elevator to the N/W terminal (so people could head to other places in Queens or Brooklyn) and continue to a terminal serving LaGuardia Airport. Or, even better, continue to Flushing where it could relieve some of the traffic on the 7 Train, so they don't have to run SO many 7-train, which almost causes bottlenecks at Terminals in both Manhattan and Queens, regardless of the time of day.

I'd also love to see an Upper Manhattan shuttle connects the Lexington Ave (and SAS) to the West Side lines.

I really like the idea of a train running on the Hells Gate. The only problems I see is that there wouldn't be any stations between Ditmars Blvd and Grand Concourse.

Unless of course, you'd be willing to walk a five floor's worth of stairs. ;)

And then, I'm not sure of how the MTA would build a station there. You'd have to expand the width. I think.

But other than that, it's a great idea.

I live near it, so it'd be exicting to ride a train on the Hell's Gate...without paying $300 for a ride.

That reminds me that there's something called the Triboro RX. It's been discussed a few times. Instead of running to Flushing, it would run down the LIRR Bay Ridge branch, where it would make a connection to the N at 8th Av. Here's a link.

http://transit.frumin.net/trx/TriboroRX

I heard about it in one the newspapers, about a few months ago. But I don't think they [politicians] are serious about it.

I'd also love to see an Upper Manhattan shuttle connects the Lexington Ave (and SAS) to the West Side lines.

One of the plans of the SAS is to extend it across 125th Street.

Also, I would have gone through with the plan to bring AirTrain to LaGuardia by running it from 59th Street-2nd Avenue through Sunnyside Yard towards the Airport/

I'd like the (V) to become a circle by connecting it from Metropolitan Av. to the abandoed station at Roosevelt Av.

No, isn't there also an abandoned trackway diverging from the eastbound local at the used Roosevelt? So: the NEW (V) will run:

Roosevelt

to Metropolitan

to Myrtle

to Marcy

to Essex

to B'way Lafayette

via the current (V) to Roosevelt Av

repeat ad nauseum.

No, isn't there also an abandoned trackway diverging from the eastbound local at the used Roosevelt? So: the NEW (V) will run:

Roosevelt

to Metropolitan

to Myrtle

to Marcy

to Essex

to B'way Lafayette

via the current (V) to Roosevelt Av

repeat ad nauseum.

Just a question: Where would it end? A train can't have the same crew all day long.

I live near it, so it'd be exicting to ride a train on the Hell's Gate...without paying $300 for a ride.

That reminds me that there's something called the Triboro RX. It's been discussed a few times. Instead of running to Flushing, it would run down the LIRR Bay Ridge branch, where it would make a connection to the N at 8th Av. Here's a link.

http://transit.frumin.net/trx/TriboroRX

I heard about it in one the newspapers, about a few months ago. But I don't think they [politicians] are serious about it.

That's what my (X) does with some slight modifications. :P

Things I Would Like To See:

1) (7)<7> Extension to West 34th Street with a Tenth Avenue station;

2) Second Avenue Subway (Q) Phase I and maybe Phase II;

3) (G) Trains with six (6) cars;

4) Chambers Street (J)(M)(Z) rehabilitated and modernized;

5) Cortlandt Street (1) reopened; Cortlandt Street (R)(W) Northbound reopened;

6) The R32 Brightliners celebrating their fiftieth year of service on September 9, 2014.

Things I Would Like To See:

1) (7)<7> Extension to West 34th Street with a Tenth Avenue station;

Agreed

2) Second Avenue Subway (Q) Phase I and maybe Phase II;

What about phases 3, 4, and the (T)?

3) (G) Trains with six (6) cars;

B Div train with A Div cars? JK

4) Chambers Street (J)(M)(Z) rehabilitated and modernized;

Agreed

5) Cortlandt Street (1) reopened; Cortlandt Street (R)(W)Southbound reopened;

6) The R32 Brightliners celebrating their fiftieth year of service on September 9, 2014.

Agreed

Comments in red.

Extend (6) to Bowling Green late nights & weekends.

(A) Let it run via Fulton Exp b\c I'd hate to be on a local late night.(A) late night local is crazy.

(E) extend to Euclid Av late night since (C) doesn't run.Via Fulton Local.

(G) when the Culver viaduct is complete terminate (G) @ Kingshwy and let the (F) run via express or local to C.I all times.

(J) Extend to Bay Ridge late night since (R) shuttle is in effect & (M) shuttle.

(Q) extended to Astoria late nights

Selected (2) run via Lex Av Exp late night while (5) is on shuttle.I would like these to happen also get every station in the system these displays on up and running instead leaving em wrapped in plastic.

If Triboro RX evers comes to fruitation, how would that affect Amtrak and the freight trains that run there?

I'd also like to see the 7 extended to Chelsea via the High Line. Unfortunetly, it's a park now, and people would just complain about the noise. But it'd be like taking a ride back into time...When Els roamed Manhattan.

Just wonderin'... does anyone have a track map of the High Line before it became abandoned?

-Shelf the (C) and replace it with the (E) in Bklyn

-(F) via Culver express rush hours

-(6) to Bowling Green late nights & weekends

-subway service to northern & western Queens

-(2) & (5) service extended past Flatbush Av to Kings Plaza

And my biggest dream of all...IND SECOND SYSTEM

If Triboro RX evers comes to fruitation, how would that affect Amtrak and the freight trains that run there?

I'd also like to see the 7 extended to Chelsea via the High Line. Unfortunetly, it's a park now, and people would just complain about the noise. But it'd be like taking a ride back into time...When Els roamed Manhattan.

Just wonderin'... does anyone have a track map of the High Line before it became abandoned?

There is no sane way to get the (7) onto the High Line. Originally, the High Line was accessed by a ramp up from the tracks the Amtrak Empire Corridor trains currently use. This track connection was severed first by the LIRR West

Side Yards and then by the tunnel that allows Empire Corridor trains to enter Penn Station.

Currently, the tracks of the High Line end inside the parking lot attached to the West Side Yards at street level, at West 34th Street and a quarter of a block west of 11th avenue, across from Javits Center.

How are you going to get the (7) a few dozen feet underground at Times Square to street level at 34th and 11th without encumbering Amtrak, LIRR, and any number of bussinesses along the rest of the route?

How are you going to get the (7) a few dozen feet underground at Times Square to street level at 34th and 11th without encumbering Amtrak, LIRR, and any number of bussinesses along the rest of the route?

With magic. Lots and lots of magic.

Archived