R32 3838

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have some suggestions of some lines

Rockaway pk shuttle (S)

crosstown local (G)

broadway express (N)

Why would you run them on the Rock Park S? It runs R44/46s because it has a full width cab and the line doesn't need more than 300' trains.

Ideally the G should be 6-car R46 trains again, but I think it should be R46s only.

N will likely never see R32s again.

The only thing that is practical would be to make Cs 10-car trains [if there's enough to extend all C trains]. There's no ban on R32s on the A, there's just more than enough R46s now that R32s are not needed.

Why would you run them on the Rock Park S? It runs R44/46s because it has a full width cab and the line doesn't need more than 300' trains.

Ideally the G should be 6-car R46 trains again, but I think it should be R46s only.

N will likely never see R32s again.

The only thing that is practical would be to make Cs 10-car trains [if there's enough to extend all C trains]. There's no ban on R32s on the A, there's just more than enough R46s now that R32s are not needed.

So the extra cars are goin to be sitting in the yards then:confused:I guess they could supplement for the (A)

If the V extension [M elimination] happens, then more R46s would be freed up [the new V would be 8-car R160 and maybe R32 trains]. I think also by then if there are extra R46s around you can do a number of things:

-Put the AA pairs back on the G and make the G 6-car trains

-make the C 600' trains [even having an R46 set or 2 on the C]

-retire some of the worst R44 sets

I mean those are what I think could happen.

I dnt even care about that bottom line its rude its like you but all the tall ppl in front of the shorter ppl you cnt see the view b\c taller ppl are blocking it.Its jus wrong which is my point.Sometimes I pray that s**t dnt take 2much pressure b\c like I said b4 it squeaks when pressure is applied then next thing u noe some1 will get hurt and some1 is gonna want2 sue ya noe.

If it hasn't broke in the past 37-39 years then it's just as unlikely to break now. No one's ass reaches above that brown barrier to the clear screen.

In related news to this topic, Wednesday was the last day R32s ran on the (A); apparently enough R44s/R46s are at Pitkin and 207th Street so R32s are no longer needed. Now there are extra R32s laying about but I don't know what will be done with them at the moment.

You Are going To Blow up on this One,

There is Talk of sending them to East New York, for (J)/(Z) and future (V) service.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Taking all the trains from the M for the V won't be enough. R32s will need to be added to maintain normal V headways and since the c/r would be in the same position of the train [middle] as the R160s.

Otoh, they could just make the V all R160 and give the J/Z the R32s.

*note just MY speculation, not factual.

Car assignments are based on both yard requirements/capabilities and which lines put more strain on their cars than others. There's still no point deciding which cars the (V) will use if/when it gets merged since it's not like it's going to change the outcome anyway.

I always thought new tech trains would go to train services that were busier. Which is busier.....Queens Blvd+6th Ave via 53rd St (V) or Jamaica El alone ???

I think you answered your own question: QB+6th Av. Plus if there are problems at 53rd, V service will be the first to be suspended. Thus they can have the R160s to display/announce an alternative northern terminal. The R32s on the J wouldn't need to change north/south destinations until late at night when it goes to Chambers. Plus there's still a few R42s around and they run on the J.

Again, this is just my opinion*

Did you take into account the differences b/w a 60' car and 75' car train? ie: 5 60'-car trains = 4 75'-car trains.

Well, I don't think I have to since the NTT's are replacing the r32,38,40,42's. None of those are 75'.

Car assignments are based on both yard requirements/capabilities and which lines put more strain on their cars than others. There's still no point deciding which cars the (V) will use if/when it gets merged since it's not like it's going to change the outcome anyway.

Don't forget the political aspects of the process either

You Are going To Blow up on this One,

There is Talk of sending them to East New York, for (J)/(Z) and future (V) service.

I'll save my blowing up for when these trains start running out there. Honestly we're past due for a shake up of the system. So I'll be looking forward to the equipment shift. Something to get the fans out there and report back with some interesting shots.

Funny enough I did manage to get a ride uptown on the R32 (A) Tuesday morning. Who knew its days were numbered on that line? x_x

I'll save my blowing up for when these trains start running out there. Honestly we're past due for a shake up of the system. So I'll be looking forward to the equipment shift. Something to get the fans out there and report back with some interesting shots.

Funny enough I did manage to get a ride uptown on the R32 (A) Tuesday morning. Who knew its days were numbered on that line? x_x

Oh Trust Me there is going to be a big equipment swap, Especialy when the summertime Hits, Thank the (M)/(V) Combo for this.:tup:

Don't forget the political aspects of the process either

Yup, That's the 1st Thing the TA has to do

Its sad to say this but if an R32 returned to the (E) for 1 day Only, It would be in the cover of the Jamaica Press the very next day, That's how Politics Work and Screw Up everything and they did.

Yup, That's the 1st Thing the TA has to do

Its sad to say this but if an R32 returned to the (E) for 1 day Only, It would be in the cover of the Jamaica Press the very next day, That's how Politics Work and Screw Up everything and they did.

You know which neighborhood to thank.

Archived