More R46's on the (A)

R32 3838

No More BS, There are more than 15 Transets of R46's on the (A) Now, I am starting to see more 5800 and 5900 series R46's on the (A) and As of Now They do belong to 207th if they have a Blue Diamond Sticker next to the Number Board, This Weekend I did see more R46's than usaul on the (A).

We All Know What this Means Its Preitty Obvious.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No More BS, There are more than 15 Transets of R46's on the (A) Now, I am starting to see more 5800 and 5900 series R46's on the (A) and As of Now They do belong to 207th if they have a Blue Diamond Sticker next to the Number Board, This Weekend I did see more R46's than usaul on the (A).

We All Know What this Means Its Preitty Obvious.

Yesterday evening, I also saw an R44 running light in the uptown direction at Jay Street. I couldn't get the first four numbers but the last four were 5280-5281-5279-5278 (north to south). There were two crew members in the front cab. Does this mean that consist may be meeting its fate?

If It had Stickers in the Front (White Diamond Stickers or Red Diamond Stickers) Then Yes.

I did not notice any stickers on the front, but there was no bullet symbol on the front-end of the car either, not even "Not In Service"...just a blank white reading.

could just be running up for routine maintenance...

i think they are scrapping them slowly and quietly at this point...

it would be interesting to see 12 car long scrap trains of R44's though.:cool:

They are mantained at the Pitkin Shops, Not 207th st, They are doing it very Quietly.

Yesterday evening, I also saw an R44 running light in the uptown direction at Jay Street. I couldn't get the first four numbers but the last four were 5280-5281-5279-5278 (north to south). There were two crew members in the front cab. Does this mean that consist may be meeting its fate?

It was most likely just deadheading to the yard.

Not to indulge into any rumors but I'm also hearing stories about SIR's R44s may be meeting their fate as well due to the fact that some didn't undergo the SMS program or SMS didn't really help some of the cars. Again, it's what I heard, and I doubt it's even set in stone, so please don't make a big deal out of it.

Not to indulge into any rumors but I'm also hearing stories about SIR's R44s may be meeting their fate as well due to the fact that some didn't undergo the SMS program or SMS didn't really help some of the cars. Again, it's what I heard, and I doubt it's even set in stone, so please don't make a big deal out of it.

SIR`s R44 maybe around a bit longer since it will be awhile til they receive new cars.Imagine R32s or R160s running on the SIR if they were FRA approved.Hell lrg here`s one for you wait for it...................Slants running on the SIR!!!:D

I think there is some truth about there being more R46's on the (A). Sunday evening, I was waiting for the (D) at 59th St - Columbus Circle and I saw an R46 (A) on the downtown side and it was an 5800 group and I think I saw blue diamonds on them. It was something to see them cause I thought of this place and the talk of the R44's and R46's here. Monday night I rode 6180 on the (A). It's bittersweet cause the R46's are GREAT on the (A) just like I always imagined they would be but I love the R44's and it's sad to see them where they are, retirement or not. They are in bad shape and I wish that they went. Time will tell what will happen with those bad boys right there.

Archived