The LFRs, They're Coming Soon!!!!!

buswizard

SEPTA New Flyer DE40LFR #8340 has arrived in Philadelphia yesterday and was on display at the SEPTA headquarters! I am excited about this, as at least 100 more are expected to arrive, starting around mid-April.

I can't wait to see and ride these buses in revenue service!

normal_8340_4.jpg

normal_8340.jpg

normal_8340_2.jpg

normal_8340_8.jpg

normal_8340_10.jpg

normal_8340_7.jpg

normal_8340_int.jpg

I'm really liking that bus. I'm hoping to come up there soon to catch those and the last of the NABI's.

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/multimedia/displayimage-lastup-0-30.html

Here is a photo of the rear of the bus, looks pretty boring and dull on the rear-top side of the bus, yet the engine cover and the rear-sides of the bus looks pretty nice. This is really awesome to SEPTA's standards!

• 1 month later...
Niceee!!!!!

These are basically newer trackless trolly without the trolly part, are they hybrid, i keep forgetting.

- A

Hybrids, they are DE40LFRs, but SEPTA wanted the roof to look like that for some very odd reason

Hybrids, they are DE40LFRs, but SEPTA wanted the roof to look like that for some very odd reason

I'm pretty sure there are batteries up top, you can see the main cable shroud on the roof shot just like the nyc hybrids how they run down and into the engine compartment...

The roof line being like that helps the aerodynamics & cleans up the look from street level. It is the same roof line on the E40's.

- A

I'm pretty sure there are batteries up top, you can see the main cable shroud on the roof shot just like the nyc hybrids how they run down and into the engine compartment...

The roof line being like that helps the aerodynamics & cleans up the look from street level. It is the same roof line on the E40's.

- A

the batteries are up there... its just not very attractive in my opinion and one could easily get it confused with the regular E40LFRs

the batteries are up there... its just not very attractive in my opinion and one could easily get it confused with the regular E40LFRs

That's the part about this bus that I like: Trackless trolley look-alikes running without wires on an ordinary neighborhood backroad in the city or suburbs! I LOVE THIS YEAR'S BUS SPECS!!!!!!:cool:

Archived