Man dies while jumping between cars while train is moving

RTOMan

This is stuff us as RTO personel have to deal with ..

People doing stupid stuff and losing thier lives and we have to get involved. He couldnt wait for another train i guess?

This is why i use the term"This must be the last train before the martians come".

It happped on the (N) and (R) Lines at 49th Street i knew it was a 12-9 when i seen the service alert.

Heres the Link...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/04/nyregion/04mbrfs-BLOODONTHETRACKS.html?"

Why the hell do people do dumb sh*t like this? Wait for the next train it's not worth it. I feel for the crew of the train, having seen one of these before I know what a mess it is. I hope they and all who saw what happened will be ok. I just finished reading a book written by a transit cop were he spent several chapters talking about how people to dumb stuff like jump between cars and walk on the road bed then get creamed by the train.

How about when it's snowing or raining, the bus is pulling out of the stop, and people run inches from the right side of the bus, and slip under the wheels? Or as the bus is pulling out, people run in the blind spot of the left side, and get whacked as you are pulling from the stop?

Many lives have been lost, because people can't wait for the next one.

Why the hell do people do dumb sh*t like this? Wait for the next train it's not worth it. I feel for the crew of the train, having seen one of these before I know what a mess it is. I hope they and all who saw what happened will be ok. I just finished reading a book written by a transit cop were he spent several chapters talking about how people to dumb stuff like jump between cars and walk on the road bed then get creamed by the train.

What's the name of this book?

Tunnel vision by W. K. Brown and there is another good one, The Electric Sewer by Trebor Nehoc. Both were very good reads that I got through in one weekend. Some of the stories about the one unders were sad. A 17 year old kid jumped infront of a train because of his bad grades. Others made me go WTF how stupid can you be. A man walking on the road bed was hit by a (7) train. Their are good stories from the "bad old days" or if your a cop, the "good old days."

I don't think your ging to want to clean that up and deal with it. On the other hand, if there was some other way to get ride of them, well maybe...

The T/O and maybe the C/R will have to look at the chopped meat to confirm death, but they don't clean that up. Bodily fluids, and blood have to be taken care of by a possibly outside identity, like FDNY.

LEAP OF FATE!

The T/O and maybe the C/R will have to look at the chopped meat to confirm death, but they don't clean that up. Bodily fluids, and blood have to be taken care of by a possibly outside identity, like FDNY.

LEAP OF FATE!

LMAO! At least you don't to pay for lunch.

Ah, what an idiot. You should never get on between cars, as it states somewhere in the rules. I'm only puzzled by how the motorman saw him, I'd think it would be the conductor. Oh well, I guess he won't be spawning any trans-car boarding spawn.
When someone gets run over by a train, the train automaticly goes BIE when their body hits the tripcock. In this case when he fell in between only passengers saw it most likely at the split second this happened and the train went BIE. When the train crew started to walk through the train they most likely had people run up to them and tell them that the person fell in between the train.

We have a saying at the Firehouse (and EMS HQ). Stupid people keep us in business.

I was a Medic in the city for several years, never had a HBT or "space case" and can't say I miss not having them.

Over here in the boonies of NJ, I've had several people hit by the Conrail aka CSX freights that past through our jurisdiction. Very messy, but I did have a guy survive, although he pretty much lost both his legs.

Paul

(F)(F)

(E)(M)(S)

When someone gets run over by a train, the train automaticly goes BIE when their body hits the tripcock. In this case when he fell in between only passengers saw it most likely at the split second this happened and the train went BIE. When the train crew started to walk through the train they most likely had people run up to them and tell them that the person fell in between the train.

I see, thanks for clarifying. I figured there's pretty much no way to tell, but that certainly works.

Archived