Now Whats This On The B16.........

Sea Beach

Thats a 1999 Orion V CNG thats from Queens Surface, 1 of the PBL's that got taken over to create MTABus. Some came straight from College Point Depot to Jackie Gleason while others went from College Point to West Farms Depot & then Jackie Gleason.

On a side note, I did see 9837 on the B63 this evening while with a friend in Bay Ridge!

Thats a 1999 Orion V CNG thats from Queens Surface, 1 of the PBL's that got taken over to create MTABus. Some came straight from College Point Depot to Jackie Gleason while others went from College Point to West Farms Depot & then Jackie Gleason.

On a side note, I did see 9837 on the B63 this evening while with a friend in Bay Ridge!

They still have them at West Farms though.

And you're right. The Private Bus Lines were just PBL's (pebbles) compared to the MTA :)

yep thats definitely a former queens surface.They had the best and brightest Orion CNG`s out of all the PBL`s or as rr4567 puts it,"Pebbles".

They also had the only transit-style seated units.

I have also seen 9829 on the B16 and B68 (although I had shot it on the Bx8). All of those at Gleason have been re-labeled to New York City Bus except for 9845 and 9848 (9852 in part).

They still have them at West Farms though.

And you're right. The Private Bus Lines were just PBL's (pebbles) compared to the MTA :)

Yep! There's some that are @ West Farms & I think some came in within the past couple of weeks!

They also had the only transit-style seated units.

I have also seen 9829 on the B16 and B68 (although I had shot it on the Bx8). All of those at Gleason have been re-labeled to New York City Bus except for 9845 and 9848 (9852 in part).

Yea like several came from West Farms to Jackie Gleason. I think more O5 CNG's are going to go into NYCT service as more of the 5XX & 6XX series O5 CNG's are now going into Storage

West Farms has these CNGs..

CNG CNG s we got em all and if any other depot acts fast they could have the rest of our fleet but act fast these CNG s are flying off the property

These buses are Insane :(

At College pt our buses come with the best breakdown record I have ever seen so if your interested plz call 1800 CNG Sucks.

Well, since you had no clue, they replaced the MTA Bus thing with MTA New York City Bus now. Those were the buses I was telling you about that I catch very often.

Now that I think about it, you are right to a extent. The 1 bus I remember seeing @ JG with MTABus stickers, 9842 has NYCT stickers now. I found a recent pic of it online with it.

However there is 1 from JG that still is running around with MTABus stickers & that is 9845! Saw it last sunday (3/7) on the B11. Here's the video I took of that bus

As for out of West Farms, I am not too sure about as I hardly go up to The Bronx & if I do, I am almost never touch a West Farms route

Yea, I saw 9837 rolling down 4th Avenue as a NIS with MTA NYC Bus a couple of days back, as well as this other one on the B63 last time with those stickers on as well. I see them VERY often because I live really close to a lot of JG routes.

CNG CNG s we got em all and if any other depot acts fast they could have the rest of our fleet but act fast these CNG s are flying off the property

These buses are Insane :P

At College pt our buses come with the best breakdown record I have ever seen so if your interested plz call 1800 CNG Sucks.

LMAO I`ll even throw in a free Nintendo DS with every bus:p

Yea, I saw 9837 rolling down 4th Avenue as a NIS with MTA NYC Bus a couple of days back, as well as this other one on the B63 last time with those stickers on as well. I see them VERY often because I live really close to a lot of JG routes.

Sounds correct about 9837. I did see it with NYC Bus Stickers on it! If anything, 9845 may change over to NYC Bus stickers soon!

LMAO I`ll even throw in a free Nintendo DS with every bus:p

LMAO!!! WOW!

Yep! There's some that are @ West Farms & I think some came in within the past couple of weeks!

Yea like several came from West Farms to Jackie Gleason. I think more O5 CNG's are going to go into NYCT service as more of the 5XX & 6XX series O5 CNG's are now going into Storage

Or possibly to scrap; keep in mind that all of their diesel counterparts built around that time are retired (there are no buses on the roster that are numbered between 184 an 633, exclusive, except for the remainder of the 581-610 batch). I think that it's the bus bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

These buses are Insane B)

The funniest comment I've ever read about a CNG bus. I like the Orion V CNGs, they are unique to the Jackie Gleason fleet.

Archived