First True Busfanning Shot

Amtrak7

201002211.jpg

2/21/10. Not as good as I wanted it to be, the white balance was off big-time (set for the fluorescent lamps in my living room). I didn't take any more out of fear of being seen, and I put the camera away a bit too early, so there is a slight blur.

Are these fears justified? (In other words, how likely are you to be stopped by someone busfanning vs. railfanning). If not, I can take plenty more photos next time.

I saw this same exact bus (4210) again yesterday, right in front of 4209. Too bad I didn't get a pic.

201002211.jpg

2/21/10. Not as good as I wanted it to be, the white balance was off big-time (set for the fluorescent lamps in my living room). I didn't take any more out of fear of being seen, and I put the camera away a bit too early, so there is a slight blur.

Are these fears justified? (In other words, how likely are you to be stopped by someone busfanning vs. railfanning). If not, I can take plenty more photos next time.

I saw this same exact bus (4210) again yesterday, right in front of 4209. Too bad I didn't get a pic.

Hey its a start:tup:

good shot . yes when i take pics i dont show the camera because i was with " freshponddepot bus fanning at upk and this b/o told on us and we dissapeared onto the b3 and took it to 86th and got on the d train and took it to coneyisland lol . when i take pics i put the camera to my stomach and put my hand on the button ( snap,bam,& im out . ) but dont be scared .

Aside from the white balance, the only thing that you could have improved on is that the bus could've been cenetered in the shot better. Otherwise, great shot. You shouldn't be afraid of taking pictures of buses as you're even less likely to be stopped taking pictures of buses than of trains. People on the street generally don't care, and on top of that you're allowed to take pictures of anything on the street since it's public property. The worst that can happen is that a bus driver asks what you're doing, then just tell him what you are doing is just a hobby and show him the directive/(MTA) rules if he asks further questions.

Archived