Dispatcher accused of calling in sick for work for 10 days straight - from Florida

Harry

Staten Island is turning into Sickout Island.

Another bus dispatcher from Staten Island has been caught calling in sick from a vacation spot - this time Puerto Rico, transit officials confirmed.

Bus dispatcher James Padilla was in the sunny Caribbean - about 1,600 miles away from his Staten Island depot - when he phoned to say he was too ill for duty on Thursday, April 1, and Friday, April 2, MTA officials said.

His scheduled vacation began the following Monday, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/04/19/2010-04-19_another_sick_bus_dispatcher_calls_in_to_si_depot_from_puerto_rico.html#ixzz0lYBgkSok

How does the TA know where these guys are calling out sick from? I assume they are calling out using there cell phone so unless they are being ratted out I don't know how they are being caught.

How does the TA know where these guys are calling out sick from? I assume they are calling out using there cell phone so unless they are being ratted out I don't know how they are being caught.

Maybe they decided to use a hotel landline. If so, (to the ones calling sick from other places) DER :P

That's exactly what I want to know. How?

Because they have to give a location and phone number....

He wasn't sick. He called in sick. That's against the rules. If he had used his regular vacation days, there would be no fuss. OK?

Never mind

He was sick.. SICK OF WORKING hah!

Hes not costing the MTA any money if they are his sickdays.. Good for him..

The MTA probably knows by looking through call logs and seeing where the person is calling from.

People need to get smart and use VoIP numbers if they want to get away with it... =)

That's why you use your cell phone,it's always the same number then.

Its as simple as *67 and blocking out wherever you call from.

And to all you people off the job complaining ..... dont say you have never called in sick when you werent.

remember when it snows and you dont want to go work or your job closes for the day for a little xnow WE NEVER CLOSE! We miss Holidays Wedding Communions Funerals all because we provide a service 24/7/365 and anyone who complains "oh but its my tax dollars that pay you" then you can say that when THE MTA STOPS TAKING TAXES OUT OF MY CHECK ALSO!

And to all you people off the job complaining ..... dont say you have never called in sick when you werent.

remember when it snows and you dont want to go work or your job closes for the day for a little xnow WE NEVER CLOSE! We miss Holidays Wedding Communions Funerals all because we provide a service 24/7/365 and anyone who complains "oh but its my tax dollars that pay you" then you can say that when THE MTA STOPS TAKING TAXES OUT OF MY CHECK ALSO!

Hear hear,excellent point flash. Sickening how politicians and writers are so quick to attack when they report on stories like these. Most of these gimooks wouldn't last 5 minutes doing our job,yet they are quick to tell us how we should do it.

Are they really that dumb to give their true location, or does the MTA have some triangulation software to trace cell calls?

has nothing to do with triangulation. MTA isnt allowed to have that. Its either co-workers ratting eachother out or the MTA checks their call logs vigorously.

Archived