Your Own Subway Line

Robert Bosco

If you could create a new subway line (realistic or unrealistic), what would it be? I have an idea for my ultimate subway line.....Starting from Rockaway Park (A)...via a connector to Stillwell Ave (D)(F)(N)(Q) (don't know how that would be possible, but it would be cool)...from Stillwell via Sea Beach Express..after Dekalb via Manhattan Bridge (6th avenue)...up to west 4th via express...after west 4th, via 8th avenue (A)(C)(E) express, after 125th street (A)(B)(C)(D)..via the (D) line up to Norwood...i think this would be the first line to utilize 4 boroughs. And i would assign the R40's to the line.

you opened a great theme.

First, since I live very close to the Nostrand Avenue, I'd wish to have subway lines very close to my home. If you look on the 1940ies plans, you will see that Nostrand Avenue Line was planned to terminate somewhere at Voorhies Avenue, not at Flatbush Junction.

Since our family friends live in moved in Queens (Kew Gardens) in mid 1990ies

I had lots of idaes of how to make Brooklyn-Queens Subway line. And setteled on the idea for reinstroducing some passenger service on the LIRR Bay Ridge Branch with stops at Borough park, Midwood, Brooklyn College, etc.

Now I have a thought of a light rail system which goes from Sheepshead Bay / Midwood toward Canarsie, Starret City, ENY, Queens etc. I'd love to see a streetcar loop at the place where I change train for B36 bus. And then the LRT line is following the trajectory of B36 bus, passing my home (in reality it was so in Odessa, Ukraine) at then turns on Avenue U, then riches Flatlands somehow and goes east.

ANother though is to make ings Highway BUS ONLY from Ocean Avenue to Ocean Parkway, and later on introduce LRT there. East of Ocean Avenue, Kings highway is vide enough to run LRT, or even build something like an Airtrain above.

I also have a thought to make 86th street subway line from 86th street station (4th avenue line) to the place where West End line steps on 86th street. The problem is that in roder to make it underground a complicated dig needs to be done under the GOVANUS Expressway. However this segment can be elevated, and then back under the ground till the 18th avenue.

This feature will make a BAy Ridge to Brighton trip much faster.

I have lots of such thoughts.

Among your I love especially the Idea to link Rockaway Park and Coney Island. I'd wish it include a section running through the Salt Marshes. I'd love to see rail among the Marshes, as it was in the places close to Odessa Ukraine.

If you could create a new subway line (realistic or unrealistic), what would it be? I have an idea for my ultimate subway line.....Starting from Rockaway Park (A)...via a connector to Stillwell Ave (D)(F)(N)(Q) (don't know how that would be possible, but it would be cool)...from Stillwell via Sea Beach Express..after Dekalb via Manhattan Bridge (6th avenue)...up to west 4th via express...after west 4th, via 8th avenue (A)(C)(E) express, after 125th street (A) (:P(C)(D)..via the (D) line up to Norwood...i think this would be the first line to utilize 4 boroughs. And i would assign the R40's to the line.

Back in the early 1990s the C train went to Bedford Park Blvd, to Rockaway Park.

my own subway line would take me wherever i need to go! and the whole thing will be R32's only, with nice clean railfan windows ;)

Only problem is that there would be no diversity even though we like the R32s.

I wish we had a subway line that'll run from Queens Blvd down the old LIRR towards the Rockaways. (V) maybe? or (G)? Another would be having the (T)(Q) got to the Bronx. Also a direct extension into JFK Airport and make stops at every terminal. That would bring the (JFK) Express back!!!!;):D:D

Back in the early 1990s the C train went to Bedford Park Blvd, to Rockaway Park.

Only problem is that there would be no diversity even though we like the R32s.

ok then on my line we will have R32, R38, R40, R42 and R1 because i like the double railfan window

I'd have an extended train line in the Bronx, connecting to the Second Avenue Subway. It would serve all the areas formerly served by the (8) on Third Avenue. It would then run on Webster as far north as Gun Hill Road, where it would connect with the (2) and the (5), and then end at Co-Op City.

Archived