E & F in line for Robotrain - but a 2nd Ave. subway? Wait'll 2015

Trainspotter

E & F in line for Robotrain - but a 2nd Ave. subway? Wait'll 2015

Scrunched subway riders will have to wait yet another year for the long-delayed Second Ave. subway, sources said Tuesday night.

Faced with higher than anticipated construction costs, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is poised to push back the completion date for the first segment until 2015, according to the sources.

The MTA - which will announce the findings of a review of its mega projects and unveil a new capital plan today - also is set to delay the completion date of the Long Island Rail Road extension to Grand Central Terminal to 2015.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - February 27, 2008

W00 H00! R160s on the (E) should be fun. Should be able to breeze down the LOCAL stops as good as an R32.......

But this whole pushing the dates for SAS and LIRR into GCT isn't so surprising. The latest I would see them push it though is 2016 into 2017 . If pass those then something really going wrong.

Hopefully these NTTs don't replace the R32. The R32s are the best trains we got in the system right now and the R160s are garbage as it is. I love how people think the 160s are so good because they are brand new and have a computer inside them. If you had to operate a NTT, then operate a 32/46/42/40 etc you'd see how fast you'd like the older trains better. Its amazing how the MTA has Garbage replacing good trains. The system will never be the same. And before we know it, C/Rs and T/Os are going to be a thing of the past because of this garbage. Everything will be controlled by RCC.

Hopefully these NTTs don't replace the R32. The R32s are the best trains we got in the system right now and the R160s are garbage as it is. I love how people think the 160s are so good because they are brand new and have a computer inside them. If you had to operate a NTT, then operate a 32/46/42/40 etc you'd see how fast you'd like the older trains better. Its amazing how the MTA has Garbage replacing good trains. The system will never be the same. And before we know it, C/Rs and T/Os are going to be a thing of the past because of this garbage. Everything will be controlled by RCC.

Let me tell you this..

WHEN that Happens, Me, NorthEasternT/O, Pelham Bay Dave will probally be gone and retired by then...

They cant even get CBTC working right on the (L)arry Line, a lot of those R143's are in By-Pass, i wonder why??

Im not even going to talk about "ATS" in the A div becasue its a joke...

Just dont hold your breath waiting for that to happen..

Let me tell you this..

WHEN that Happens, Me, NorthEasternT/O, Pelham Bay Dave will probally be gone and retired by then...

They cant even get CBTC working right on the (L)arry Line, a lot of those R143's are in By-Pass, i wonder why??

Im not even going to talk about "ATS" in the A div becasue its a joke...

Just dont hold your breath waiting for that to happen..

Well my brother is going to be working when it happens. He hates being a TD right now. His next move will be TSS or RCC. Hes leaning more towards RCC because in the future when all this crap is up and running, RCC is the place to be.

Its the way of tomorrow, computers will be operating the subway system, saving the MTA billions in paying their operators. Well depending on how you look at it they'll have to hire computer programmers to program those computerized trains :) Eventually they'll have to perfect all those new tech stuff, and have them run by computers.

As I've said somewhere earlier... The MTA is more interested in the average daily commuter customer and what they want, not much of what the operators want, since they'll be squeezing them out eventually anyway. Not to mention a boost in tourism with new tech trains. Who would want to visit a city with old rusty subway cars? It makes the city look bad, and New York City non-modern.

Not to mention a boost in tourism with new tech trains. Who would want to visit a city with old rusty subway cars? It makes the city look bad, and New York City non-modern.

When a new R160 is in service.You dont see tourists taking pics of a brand new R160.But when vintage trains run.Like the arnies and the low V just to name a few.You always see non railfans taking pics.Of the vintage trains in service.You dont see that with an R160.

When a new R160 is in service.You dont see tourists taking pics of a brand new R160.But when vintage trains run.Like the arnies and the low V just to name a few.You always see non railfans taking pics.Of the vintage trains in service.You dont see that with an R160.
Because those are the REAL trains. I'd sweat my ass off anyday to ride those things in service without A/C. And why are they still around and running strong? Their American Made. Back then things will built RIGHT. Not like these Japanese "Tech Train" crap. People in this hobby like them because they are foamers and foam to a puddle because of a red LCD, FIND Display, and that crew computer thats not worth 2 cents, and that stupid propulsion sound they make. Its like some kind of musical instrument. When you hear an R9 come into a station, you know that thing means business.

Because those are the REAL trains. I'd sweat my ass off anyday to ride those things in service without A/C. And why are they still around and running strong? Their American Made. Back then things will built RIGHT. Not like these Japanese "Tech Train" crap. People in this hobby like them because they are foamers and foam to a puddle because of a red LCD, FIND Display, and that crew computer thats not worth 2 cents, and that stupid propulsion sound they make. Its like some kind of musical instrument. When you hear an R9 come into a station, you know that thing means business.

First off, I'm a little more than twice your age. Second, I've been riding your so-called American built trains years before you were even thought of. Third, I like the new trains. They're fast, smooth, quiet, clean, brighter interiors and lets not forget the freakin' look good. It's something new. I'm tired of the old trains already. Can't you understand that?

Like someone posted a while ago... I really think you were born 10 years too late. They way you sound sometimes its more like 40 years to late. Sometimes you sound like your 40+ year old. So cut it out already with your hate for a subway car that you seem to photograph and video a whole lot. Please just stop. Have fun on your rail fan trip this weekend.

First off, I'm a little more than twice your age. Second, I've been riding your so-called American built trains years before you were even thought of. Third, I like the new trains. They're fast, smooth, quiet, clean, brighter interiors and lets not forget the freakin' look good. It's something new. I'm tired of the old trains already. Can't you understand that?

Like someone posted a while ago... I really think you were born 10 years too late. They way you sound sometimes its more like 40 years to late. Sometimes you sound like your 40+ year old. So cut it out already with your hate for a subway car that you seem to photograph and video a whole lot. Please just stop. Have fun on your rail fan trip this weekend.

Ok first off, I photograph them for other peoples enjoyment. I don't think you know how it is to wait hours and hours for 1 damn train just to photograph it and post pics up for people. I personally do not like the NTTs for many reasons as you may know. Why? As many of you know, I'm a big car fan. I love American Muscle cars. Now, when you're a mechanic such as my brother was for a number of years, you get to work on everything. Imported cars such as Japped cars just plain out aren't built as good as American Made cars. I would have to set my example in person, not online. I see the same thing with American Made Trains Vs Japanese Trains. You're speaking from a passenger point of view. I'm speaking from a T/Os POV and mechanics POV. I'm interested more into the operation of the different train models. I can understand you like the bright lights, they are smooth etc, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not interested in passengers POV, I judge trains by a T/Os perspective. I've always rode with my brother, sometimes his whole shifts. I know what I'm talking about when I say a train is bad. I can throw in a few things I have never brought up that you passengers prolly don't even know

With the NTTs

1. Black Box that gets you in trouble.

2. RCC can monitor every position your MS is in.

3. Instead of Brake handle and MS, you have a weird MS thats combined Brake and Power thats a pain to operate.

4. Annoying Annoucments your whole shift that can't be turned off.

5. Annoying Propulsion sounds that you hear your whole shift.

I can just keep going on.

Ok first off, I photograph them for other peoples enjoyment. I don't think you know how it is to wait hours and hours for 1 damn train just to photograph it and post pics up for people. I personally do not like the NTTs for many reasons as you may know. Why? As many of you know, I'm a big car fan. I love American Muscle cars. Now, when you're a mechanic such as my brother was for a number of years, you get to work on everything. Imported cars such as Japped cars just plain out aren't built as good as American Made cars. I would have to set my example in person, not online. I see the same thing with American Made Trains Vs Japanese Trains. You're speaking from a passenger point of view. I'm speaking from a T/Os POV and mechanics POV. I'm interested more into the operation of the different train models. I can understand you like the bright lights, they are smooth etc, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not interested in passengers POV, I judge trains by a T/Os perspective. I've always rode with my brother, sometimes his whole shifts. I know what I'm talking about when I say a train is bad. I can throw in a few things I have never brought up that you passengers prolly don't even know

With the NTTs

1. Black Box that gets you in trouble.

2. RCC can monitor every position your MS is in.

3. Instead of Brake handle and MS, you have a weird MS thats combined Brake and Power thats a pain to operate.

4. Annoying Annoucments your whole shift that can't be turned off.

5. Annoying Propulsion sounds that you hear your whole shift.

I can just keep going on.

Okay I respect your views and opinions on it. Personally I don't look at it through a T/O's point of view because I'm in a different profession. I have to ride these things to work everyday. Them old trains are a drag already. I like the change. I don't operate them so I try not to worry about that. I leave the operating to the professionals. It's their job not mine. I'm nothing more than a passenger.

P.S. I'm also huge muscle car fan myself. The real muscle cars of the 60's.

Okay I respect your views and opinions on it. Personally I don't look at it through a T/O's point of view because I'm in a different profession. I have to ride these things to work everyday. Them old trains are a drag already. I like the change. I don't operate them so I try not to worry about that. I leave the operating to the professionals. It's their job not mine. I'm nothing more than a passenger.

P.S. I'm also huge muscle car fan myself. The real muscle cars of the 60's.

Well I'm just into trains because I like the different train models and I'm very interested in becoming a T/O. But now with all these changes, I'm having second thoughts.

Archived