R40s and R42s on the A line

trainfan22

Oh crap they are putting the R40s on the (A) sooner than i thought !!This is great the R40s will go out in style out on the flats.I think this is best line to finsh out their career.

As for that R142 in the pic all i will say is LOL.

And that R62 in the pic is at 207 st yard to get painted. Theres nothing wrong with that R62 so dont get any ideas R142 lovers......

oh lord, more rust will start on the R40s :( They will no longer have the "Coney Island Classics" title in their name since they did run on every line that served that station.

Thats how I feel man.. They started on the (F) to/from Coney Island. The R40s are a Southern BMT Train. They will be missed down in Coney Island. I know Ill miss them. I grew up with them on the West End (B), Brighton (Q6), Sea Beach (N), West End (W), Brighton (Qx)(Q), now the Brighton (B), rarely the (D).:D

So have i. I grew up taking the (:( to Coney Island from grand street back in the day, always used to grab the RFW on the 4th Ave Express/West End Local back in my pre-teen days. They will truely be missed in that area.

Probaly once the siemens sets come back into service.And R160s start showing up on the (W) line and R68s start showing up on the (:(.....

My friend said he saw a Siemens set in service (#8907) in service Monday morning. Can a train operator like RTOMan confirm that some siemens trains are running again?

My friend said he saw a Siemens set in service (#8907) in service Monday morning. Can a train operator like RTOMan confirm that some siemens trains are running again?

I rode the (N) line yesterday and didnt see any siemens set.Only the normal R160s R68s and the R40 slants midday layup at CI yard.If the siemens sets were back in service somebody would have noticed it.Unless it was testing or running light somewere.....

I find it rather boring that only Alstom proplusion R160s are running on the N atm. When they had both sets running, anything could've happened.

Funny thing about that. Back in August, waiting at Canal, comes in an R160, 8723 in particular. We were waiting for the (Q). Comes in another R160 and the two people I was with thought it was an R160 ranging from 8713 to 8842. Little did we know, once it got closer, then it slowed down, we knew what we were hearing and we knew to get on the train.

Somebody in another thread said they was but when i go to work today i will find out im on the (N)ovember for two days a week.

The R160B semins will mostly be on the N/W lines, The B will be all R68 and R68A, the A wiould be R40,R42 and R44 and the C would be all R38,The R32 phase I's will go to the E while the R32 phase II's would retire.

8902-8907 In service on the (N)ovember the only Siemens Set..

• 3 weeks later...
The R160B semins will mostly be on the N/W lines, The B will be all R68 and R68A, the A wiould be R40,R42 and R44 and the C would be all R38,The R32 phase I's will go to the E while the R32 phase II's would retire.

First of all, the R32 will remain on the (A) and (C) lines. That train will remain. All of the R38's will be replace (temporarily) by the R40S and the R42 until the next option of R160 cars are delivered. Half of the R44 will be retired and the R68A will temporarily replace these cars until the R179 delivers.

First of all, the R32 will remain on the (A) and (C) lines. That train will remain. All of the R38's will be replace (temporarily) by the R40S and the R42 until the next option of R160 cars are delivered. Half of the R44 will be retired and the R68A will temporarily replace these cars until the R179 delivers.

If the R32s remain on the (A) and (C) lines then what is the (E) line going to have? I dont think the MTA is going to give jamica yard R160s LOL. If half the R44 fleet is getting retired then why ALL of them is getting heavy work done on them? something just doesnt add up its likey that the (C) could get the R68As since the MTA wants to extend the (C) line to ten cars...

If the R32s remain on the (A) and (C) lines then what is the (E) line going to have? I dont think the MTA is going to give jamica yard R160s LOL. If half the R44 fleet is getting retired then why ALL of them is getting heavy work done on them? something just doesnt add up its likey that the (C) could get the R68As since the MTA wants to extend the (C) line to ten cars...

The R44 will not be getting the overhaul previously stated because MTA has purchased option 2 of the R160 order (which is the R179). Because of this order and the other R160 orders, MTA felt it would be best to do minor repairs. With the R160, they are only replacing the R38. The R32 will remain on the (A), (C), and (E) lines. The R40S/R40M will replace the (A) and ©'s R38s until the R160 order will be delivered. Some R68A will replace the (A) until the R179 is delivered in 2009.

The R44 will not be getting the overhaul previously stated because MTA has purchased option 2 of the R160 order (which is the R179). Because of this order and the other R160 orders, MTA felt it would be best to do minor repairs. With the R160, they are only replacing the R38. The R32 will remain on the (A), (C), and (E) lines. The R40S/R40M will replace the (A) and ©'s R38s until the R160 order will be delivered. Some R68A will replace the (A) until the R179 is delivered in 2009.

Oh so the MTA changed thier minds about giving the R44s heavy work.

Oh and do you know what type of populsion systems these R179s will have?

Archived