(M)oney (T)hrow (A)way changes signs from FML to LFM which still means

w8Hou

... something.

We had a good chuckle on Tuesday when the FML Internet meme popped up on Transit’s new subway signs. Predicted as a possibility in late March, with the M destined for 6th Ave., the BMT/IND connection at 14th St. became a hotbed of humor (and some inappropriately self-righteous outrage) for a day before the MTA quenched the blog-fueled fire. They would, said Transit officials, change the signs as soon as they can.

And so, via SAS reader Robert C. comes visual proof that the MTA did indeed follow through on their promise. Nothing, it seems, inspires actions quite the threat of some inadvertent profanities in the subway system. Anyway, all’s well that ends well, and without further ado, the before-and-after:

FMLLFM.jpg

from Second Avenue Sagas blog: http://secondavenuesagas.com/2010/06/17/from-fml-to-something-mundane/

The MTA is not only a stubborn spendthrift, but also an inane killjoy. I thought I was getting some lulz from this.

I'm glad I caught a pic of it. This at the 14 St exit mezzanine near one of the staircases...

IMG00198.jpg

(L)(F)(M) (L)ets (F)#ck your (M)om....and others

(L)azy (F)at (M)an

(L)ice (F)lies and (M)ice

(L)ikes (F)at (M)en

(L)iving (F)or (M)en

(L)oves (F)ruit (M)ango

(L)oves (F)rankie (M)uniz (No Homo):)

Wow, so many crazy sayings come from using the letters (F), (L) and (M). Oh well, that's what the (MTA) gets for not keeping the (V).

This is to the (MTA): (Like they will ever read theses.)

Seriously?

They claim they can't pay for the (M2)(G)(W) & (V) but they want to change (F)(M)(L) cuz it means Fudge My Life? WHO THE FUDGE IS RUNNING MTA NOWADAYS? They wanna change a sign just cuz it said FML. I swear the MTA has no common sense whats so ever. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Done with (MTA).

This is to the (MTA): (Like they will ever read theses.)

Seriously?

They claim they can't pay for the (M2)(G)(W) & (V) but they want to change (F)(M)(L) cuz it means Fudge My Life? WHO THE FUDGE IS RUNNING MTA NOWADAYS? They wanna change a sign just cuz it said FML. I swear the MTA has no common sense whats so ever. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Done with (MTA).

I'll answer that:

A pack of fools, thieves and corrupt bureaucrats.

Welcome to the MTA.

I'll answer that:

A pack of fools, thieves and corrupt bureaucrats.

Welcome to the MTA.

Once MTA realizes (L)(F)(M) stands for. what are they gunna do turn it into (L)(M)(F) which is still very dirty. or (M)(F)(L) which could start a legal case with SEPTA?

I'm am SICK of this crap. (MTA) can kiss my (A)(S)(S).

Didn't MTA ever realized to just alphabetize the letter cuz (F)(L)(M) isn't a double meaning.

Once MTA realizes (L)(F)(M) stands for. what are they gunna do turn it into (L)(M)(F) which is still very dirty. or (M)(F)(L) which could start a legal case with SEPTA?

I'm am SICK of this crap. (MTA) can kiss my (A)(S)(S).

Didn't MTA ever realized to just alphabetize the letter cuz (F)(L)(M) isn't a double meaning.

They are sick and pathetic. It's a little joke. It's not as BAD as "SOUTH LAKE UNION TROLLEY", guess the acronym.

Archived